Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Considering Future  (Read 67188 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:23:38 »

Di Canio has every right to be pissed off and considering his future and I sympathize fully with him.

BUT...he might as well stick around to the end of the season at least, what's he got to lose?

He's still got a very decent squad of players, hopefully those three we tried to get in can come in on emergency loans. We're also in a great position on the league. If he gets us up, brilliant, he will be even more of a Town legend and his managerial stock will rise further. If he doesn't get us up then it will be a case of, 'oh well he was working under extremely difficult circumstances' and his stock will not have dropped and may still even have risen depending on where exactly we finish.

During that time, he can also fully assess whether or not he can work with the new owners.

Yes, he is emotional and wears his heart on his sleeve, hence the statement but he is also very shrewd and thoughtful so I sincerely hope he is thinking along those lines as well.

OK, I'm biased and looking at the situation through STFC tinted specs but surely the logical thing for him to do would be to stay, at least for the time being?
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:26:58 »

Isnt this statement a clear shot across the bow of the club. Considering and actually leaving or two very different things. If we can get the take over ratified and these loan players brought in then I can see pdc chillin a bit.

Eventually though we are going to need a manager that can manage a sustainable Swindon town and im not sure pdc is that man or though I do love having him here. Eventually I would like someone who has had a lot more experience in these leagues and knows the players a lot better so that transfers are a bit less hit and miss. I think we've got him for a bit longer yet though so lets enjoy

Also I think for league one swindon still get a decent crowd and every other team moans about our ticket prices so we cant have a bad income and should be up in the top half/third of this league within a sustainable budget. If the reported 250K monthly wage budget is true then if we dont have the backing and continue the way we are then trouble lies ahead.

All this talk of people saying i wont go again they are messing the club up, yes they are not doing a great job, but dwindling crowds will hurt the club even more, especially if the new owners dont have deep pockets.

The scummers have got off lightly at the moment with their signing of Luke McCormick, we are too busy fighting amongst ourselves
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:38:14 by LittleRed » Logged
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:34:03 »

I agree with what's posted above.

I think it's just Di Canio hedging his bets. Leaving us outright over this would make him a less attractive managerial proposition, and I doubt Phil Spencer would be advising him it was a good idea (especially as he wouldn't make any money out of it!). However, if another team fires their manager and comes in from a higher level (aston villa for example) it give him the leeway to be off (and Phil Spencer gets some sort of pay-day presumably).

I think the wording of the statement was very careful in regards to this.

Stevecourty

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 09:57:40 »

As good a manager as he is, he is only that good because of the pre season training and ability to pick players to match his work ethic and style of play (after a few failed attempts!) I can not see how much of an impact he can make without this and I think a chairman will see this. At swindon he has by and large been able to do everything he wants including mistakes and for the last 12 months he has built it his own way.

Isn't that what managing is about? Getting a group of people together and motivating them to achieve the best they can? Look at man united they have dominated English football for 20 years now look at some of the players who have been there. He's had to sell the club to various countries in doing so play below average players. The secret is motivating a team to do well no matter what that is where fergie has achieved his greatest feats. Paolo has that same ability and its a rare one. Paolo also has the ability to learn and adapt yeah he throws a pmt every now and then but that's his personality and more so his desire to achieve greatness. Paolo is our biggest asset and he will be looked at by bigger clubs. Still maybe a little early but people will be thinking what if
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:12:29 »

On sky.

Will take charge tonight but position is untenable....

Clems Army!
red socks

« Reply #185 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:15:15 »

On sky.

Will take charge tonight but position is untenable....

Were those his words?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:22:05 »

It's just flashed up saying.  Sky understands that Paolo Di Canio intends to take charge of Swindon's game at Crawley tonight.  Di Canio issued statement last night saying he was considering his position at the club.  Di Canio angry Matt Ritchie sold to Bournemouth and says club hs made 'false promises'.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:24:18 »

Has he resigned then?

Edit: This sounds like twisted words to me to make it a bit more sensationalistic. Id expect nothing less from sky. He has said those words. i.e. position is untenable and has not indicated he wont take charge. Put them together and it then sounds like he is off after this game. I will wait and see
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:27:55 by LittleRed » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:26:02 »

Has he resigned then?
He would not be taking charge tonight if he had resigned would he? Roll Eyes
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:28:45 »

He would not be taking charge tonight if he had resigned would he? Roll Eyes

Maybe he has to give a weeks notice 
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:29:21 »

Just one thing... if he was going to resign, would he have bothered sorting out deals for BWP, Green, and Pack if he wasn't planning on sticking around? Surely he'd have up and left as soon as Ritchie went if it was that much of a deal breaker for him?

Or am I just being hopeful?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:30:26 »

Just one thing... if he was going to resign, would he have bothered sorting out deals for BWP, Green, and Pack if he wasn't planning on sticking around? Surely he'd have up and left as soon as Ritchie went if it was that much of a deal breaker for him?

From the text of the statement, I read that his initial concern was allayed by the potential signings and them not completing tipped him over the edge.

Still, I guess we'll know more after the game.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:30:33 »

Makes more people watch the match tonight.

It's like watching Paul Bodins Penalty this news lark...... want to watch...but I don't....just in case it goes to rat shit.

Clems Army!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:31:21 »

We can all only be hopeful LS, I think it is that fact that these deals were not allowed to go through that has really pissed him off.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Saturday, February 2, 2013, 10:31:50 »

I think your right. By all accounts those deals are still alive just that pdc has to wait a week. I dont think he is going just yet. A bad result today could be the final straw though. An emphatic win could have him chillin again
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: