Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC Considering Future  (Read 66812 times)
nochee

« Reply #135 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 21:43:01 »

Isn't Mourinho leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season? 
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 21:43:43 »

There are a lot of jobs he could walk into if its available or not. If he makes himself available he will get offers and he will have better options than staying with us. I agree with your part about playing a card though he's done it again and again. I think Crawley may be his last game if the owners don't seriously prove something in the coming days.

As good a manager as he is, he is only that good because of the pre season training and ability to pick players to match his work ethic and style of play (after a few failed attempts!) I can not see how much of an impact he can make without this and I think a chairman will see this. At swindon he has by and large been able to do everything he wants including mistakes and for the last 12 months he has built it his own way.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 21:47:13 »

He's only good because he can see what is needed to succeed, works really hard and manages to pull together a bunch of players to fulfil their potential to achieve success.
Guess anyone could do that  Roll Eyes
Granted he's not got everything right first time but has learnt from his mistakes.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 21:47:49 »

Whilst this statement is horrendous and alarming, if anyone is going to make a statement like this and use if for effect, it'll be Paolo.

He loves being the underdog, the one who rallies the people who support him and triumphs in the face of adversity.
Hopefully this is a rallying cry to get the club to sort themselves out and fans to show support for him and for the fans and players at Crawley tomorrow to show how solid and defiant we are.

That or he is genuinely fucking off into the distance...the first option feels a bit more palatable.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 22:42:41 »

Would another club take him? 
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 22:44:56 »

I tried to use my sources, I asked will Paolo quit. They said "maybe". Thanks.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 22:50:28 »

I tried to use my sources, I asked will Paolo quit. They said "maybe". Thanks.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi
Quite something you got there. I started with an easy one:
Is Paolo a fascist? YES
Is Jed McCrory normal? NOT SUCH A GOOD OUTLOOK
Will STFC win at Crawley tomorrow? DEFINITELY
Will Paolo still be in charge on Monday? DEFINITELY

So there you have it. Sorted.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 22:51:16 »

Phew, I was worried for a minute.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 23:10:03 »

Would another club take him? 

Yes, nothing logical ever happens in the world of professional football.  Please refer to the recent goings on in the world of Appleton for proof.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 23:14:03 »

All is well in the world found this gem on twatter

UberFacts ‏@UberFacts

Playing with puppies and kittens has been proven to relieve stress and help students perform better on tests.
Expand
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 23:19:47 »

He won't be leaving and certainly not soon. He has played this card before and we should have learnt by now that he is a man of principles and loyalty being one of the main ones. I don't think he would be able to turn round to the players and say I'm leaving mid season. After all he has done to think that he would leave potentially before finance is back in place and the loan window I don't think he would chuck it away he has worked too hard for it. There are no current vacancies that worry me and again I don't think he could stamp his foot on a club mid season

Certainly Paolo has played the 'up sticks and leave' card before... and it seems that he is using chaos over the takeover to stamp his authority on the club and let the new owners know who's boss - we've been here with Leon Clarke for example. As the Washbag noted some time ago Di Canio likes chaos - in political circles they call such things "a beneficial crisis" - an opportunity to use uncertainty to gain more power for themselves.

One thing I would dispute is that Di Canio is loyal to Swindon - no he isn't, he's just adept at projecting that illusion.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 23:22:20 »

If they want to spend the next 2 years with Di Canio walking them round on a lead, and they can afford to write every single cheque he asks for, then yes, that's exactly what they should do.

"PDC, the vox pop of a man that keeps on giving. They are losing 250k a month apparently, it's a shame Paolo forgets his lust for new blood is the root of it. His store card has run out of credit!"

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/12983/di-canio-breaking-news#ixzz2Jh050KVH

Take your pick!
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 23:23:11 »

Certainly Paolo has played the 'up sticks and leave' card before... and it seems that he is using chaos over the takeover to stamp his authority on the club and let the new owners know who's boss - we've been here with Leon Clarke for example. As the Washbag noted some time ago Di Canio likes chaos - in political circles they call such things "a beneficial crisis" - an opportunity to use uncertainty to gain more power for themselves.

One thing I would dispute is that Di Canio is loyal to Swindon - no he isn't, he's just adept at projecting that illusion.

Really , i could swear he hasn't left before

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 23:25:23 »

"PDC, the vox pop of a man that keeps on giving. They are losing 250k a month apparently, it's a shame Paolo forgets his lust for new blood is the root of it. His store card has run out of credit!"

Read more: http://www.yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/12983/di-canio-breaking-news#ixzz2Jh050KVH

Take your pick!

I like how the first 3 topics on that board are all about us
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Friday, February 1, 2013, 23:36:00 »

they're obsessed, always looking up
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: