Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jebus  (Read 15180 times)
flammableBen

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 06:35:31 »

Why the fuck are people arguing about Einstein beliefs? Doesn't seem to have much to do with anything.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 07:57:25 »

the same should be for the teaching of god as a fact to children in primary schools.
Even catholic schools?
Barry Scott

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:28:54 »

The reason I believe in it is that I believe that Jesus rose from the dead, and pretty much every other part of having faith as a Christian has to come from that point. Either he did or he didn't. If he did rise, as he predicted, he was surely the fulfilment of many an Old Testament prophecy and all the other things he promised can be taken as truth. And he said he was the son of God - th God who created the earth.

I await your angry mobbish "I'm right you're wrong" responses  Smiley

They'll be no anger from me, you're entitled to your opinion, but i quote a passage from Richard Dawkins book The God Delusion, which i believe is fundamental to not believing the bible.

* In the time of ancestors, a man was born to a virgin mother with no biological father being involved.

* The same fatherless man called out to a friend called Lazarus, who had been dead long enough to stink and Lazarus promptly came back to life.

* The fatherless man himself came alive after being dead and buried for three days.

* Forty days later, the fatherless man went up to the top of a hill and then disappeared bodily into the sky.

* If you murmur thoughts privately in your head, the fatherless man, and his "father" (who is also himself) will hear your thoughts and may act upon them. He is simultaneously able to hear the thoughts of everybody else in the world.

* If you do something bad, or something good, the same fatherless man sees all, even if nobody else does. You may be rewarded or punished accordingly, including after your death.

* The fatherless man's virgin mother never died but was "assumed" bodily into heaven.

* Bread and wine, if blessed by a priest (who must have testicles), "become" the body and blood of the fatherless man.

You cannot provide evidence for God creating everything if you don't believe in the Bible being truth.

Who created god? Who designed the designer? Have you read any books opposing religion (The God Delusion, God is not Great) to see both sides of the coin?

for me religion cannot answer these questions and thats why i'll never have faith.

The bible has gone through some 20,000 edits and re-writes over the book's short 1600 year life. Give it a few years and some things will be edited to help future generation get sucked into one of the richest movements on the planet.

Why does religion need money? Why should some amazing all-seeing, all-knowing thing, want our money, it can't spend it? Why should we buy our ticket into heaven? Is he so arrogant that he wants us to worship him to guarantee our ticket to heaven? Does jesus know that the book about him is based on a book written numerous times, thousands of years prior to his supposed existence?

Also, do no people, who are religious, look upon the reasons why they are religious beyond the imagined penalties of not believing?

What i mean, is religion's greatest strength has always been: You best believe in god because if you're right you'll live a life of eternal happiness and bliss, if you're wrong it makes no difference anyway. I.E. Being atheist and being wrong carries a greater penalty than being religious and being wrong, therefore you must believe.

Watch this, not just for it's story on religion, but it's fucking good. And that includes you r4e!

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

I agree. Science is about knowledge rather than theory. That's what the word means for crying out loud! Having said that, I was pissed off that the Big Bang theory and evolution were taught to me as proven facts in science. All it took was for the teacher to point out that they were theories backed up by some evidence rather than 100% certainties.

Evolution is as close to a certainty as as there is in science and, like the big bang, should be taught as fact in school. After all, religion is taught as fact and this is not provable in anyway.

If i ever have children, they will be schooled without RE being taught. Perhaps when they're about 13 and are able to rationalise things logically, religion can be taught as a story, like Jungle Book in Cubs. Children are impressionable and don't really have the strength of mind, or life experience, to be able to make any rational judgment. As Richard Dawkins says:
"There's no such thing as a Christian* child, only the child to Christian* parents." *insert religion.

Surely the scientific way would be to accept the possibility of God, at the same time accepting the possibility of no God?

Atheists are just as closed minded as followers of a religion, us Agnostics are the only rational people..........

I think you'll find most of science does take this route. All they look at is what is the most probable, and religion is highly, highly improbable.

I don't think atheists are closed minded, although religionists like to look at us that way, it's a simple matter of being rational imao. Believe in the extremely unlikely (tooth fairies, ghosts, superstition, flying pigs, god, etc.), or not? I don't believe. At all. It's not that i believe some other solution to the universe's beginnings is more likely, although by default it has to be, it's simply that i see religion as nothing except solution devoid It's something with no weight, no strength and something that shouldn't even come into the equation, at all, when considering solutions to our beginnings. Reason and answer are ingrained into us, god was created to simply satisfy our deep and seated need for answers to our existence. Evolution answers this. We don't serve a purpose. We're not here for a reason. We are here as a result. Simply one of evolution.

I do remember some ludicrous program on Channel 4, i think, several years ago, where some jumped up theist idiot, tried to (i don't know how to phrase this without it sounding as laughably absurd as it was), disprove atheism. He "did this" by showing how religion is actually the default and correct explanation for everything. I was highly amused by that show and it's comical portrayal of the lengths that theists go to in pursuit of vindication. It's like saying you have to believe in fairies at the bottom of your garden, because i've just proved that no-one can prove to me they don't exist.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:41:39 by Barry Scott » Logged
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:32:16 »

Fucking Hell Barry

How long did it take you to write that you Heratic

Wink
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:37:04 »

zeitgeist 9/11 stuff is ace!

I'm a member of the westboro baptist church.  You bunch of fags will rot in hell, especially you Barry.  Please feel free to browse our websites.

www.godhatessweden.com  www.godhatesfags.com

(please note I am not anything to do with this crack pot organisation).  Just find the website addresses rather strange for a christian movment. 
Barry Scott

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:39:29 »

Fucking Hell Barry

How long did it take you to write that you Heratic

Wink

Longer than i would have liked, seeing as i only turned on my pc to read my emails, but i decided to read the whole thread, and felt compelled to reply to some parts. GFM's a cunt for starting this thread and getting me to try and make my point, especially after i was determined to avoid this debate.

Heretic. Cheesy

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:54:16 »

Even catholic schools?

all primary schools.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:56:10 »

This is the last post I'm going to make on this pointless fucking thread.

Too many people can't seem to seperate religion and the belief of a Higher Power, religion is a means, created by man, of controlling people. Do this, don't do that, blah, blah, blah.

I don't believe in religion, but I'm open to the possibility of God.

Thank you and good day.

It's All Good..............
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:57:21 »

i disagree with you arriba.

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:57:40 »

not a pointless thread at all.it's a highly debateable subject herthab

drs please explain then
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 09:57:58 »

Hertha's talking shit once again!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:04:29 »

not a pointless thread at all.it's a highly debateable subject herthab

drs please explain then

It's pointless because no one will change their mind, due to a thread on the TEF, over whether they believe in God, Religion, or whether they don't believe in God or Religion. In the believers mind the rest of you are wrong, in the non believers mind the believers are wrong and in my mind you're all fucking wrong Cheesy

Hertha's talking shit once again!!

I always talk shit. It's what I do.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:05:33 »

This is the last post I'm going to make on this pointless fucking thread.

Yeeeeeeessss!!!!!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:06:58 »

Yeeeeeeessss!!!!!!

I lied.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 10:10:51 »

Then sir you will be going to hell, unless you repent your sin(s).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: