Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jebus  (Read 15029 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:21:05 »

My opinion on religion is that its what ever a individual wants it to be, if it helps people through shit times and in alot of peoples instances it helps people live better lives and law abiding lives. If someone wants to get by in life by believing in god and helping others then i don’t see the issue tbh , its when people hide behind religion to carry out terrorist attacks and people start saying religion is rubbish and the route to most wars when thats just a easy excuse.
Nail. Head. Hit.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:21:11 »

Cos they didn't want their little girl corrupted by the scallys at the likes of Dunston and Priestley??

Haha, I was just about to say "because her parents didn't want her playing with the little boys".
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:22:27 »

I work for a company selling insurance, investments, pension ect. to expats, and at the moment I am tele-marketing whilst I learn my onions to get qualified to sell.

Anyway. I called some bloke last week sometime trying to book an appointment and he said something to me along the line of "I don't need to plan for my future, because god will plan it for me"  Huh?

I wonder if that blind faith will leave that bloke up the Swanny one day.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:24:41 »

There were a few proddies in my class at St Ed's, which was annoying as they wouldn't get told off for not going to church, the catholics would.

I swear if I bumped into my old teacher, who had a go at me for not going to church one day, I'd give her a piece of my mind.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:43:58 »

Cos they didn't want their little girl corrupted by the scallys at the likes of Dunston and Priestley??

Hit the nail right on the head!!! Hold on - did you go to St Edmunds?Huh??
P.S The had to take some non catholic people that lived nearby - it was like the rules in the olden days
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 11:53:32 »

Hit the nail right on the head!!! Hold on - did you go to St Edmunds?Huh??
P.S The had to take some non catholic people that lived nearby - it was like the rules in the olden days

Yep I went to St Edmunds, I have been taught by Mr Twist, Mrs Hewkin, Mrs Beecham, Mrs Hickling and co.  Hate the only reason Mr Twist was our football coach was because he was the only bloke with any authority at the school.  After saying that the caretaker would have done a better job.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:01:52 »

oh wow I so thought you went to Cherhill?

ha ha do you remember Mrs Busby? she was a supply teacher she was a bit like Sue Pollard
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:07:00 »

Mrs Busby!!  Yeah I remember her.  I used to love St Edmund's Harvest festival and all that.  The school was class!!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:10:53 »

ha ha ha with her crazy tights and odd shoes - I still htink we should have a harvest festival in the winners lounge - we could get Mrs Beecham into to play the piano

The caretaker was Mr Osbourne wasnt he? I still she his daughter in Chippenham with her headphones on!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:16:43 »

Beecham's on my hit list, the only teacher I well and truely hated, through out all my years in education.  The old cow.  Mr Osbourne brilliant, good shout.  His daughter used to sit by the roundabout in town watching the cars go by, like you say with her headphones on.  Is she still alive is she?  Blimey.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:17:55 »

yep she sits by the roundabout by the three crown in Nam now though! she still looks exactly thr same - would have thought Mrs Beecham and Mr Osbourne were both dead now though?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 12:28:19 »

Are Primary schools still taught as Christians these days?

We has assembly with Hymns and Prayers every day,do they now?

Mine was, and so was my secondary school. We were taught how other religions worked as well though. I got a right yelling at once because I said I couldn't really understand why people could follow Christianity when it's so dogmatic and filled with hypocrisies and flaws. It was that which made me an atheist really, but I still respect others who choose to follow it, just don't understand why.

If I had to choose one I'd probably choose sikhism... It teaches tolerance of others and I think that's pretty respectable.. I'll always be an atheist though.
Dazzza

« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 18:24:19 »

Jesus is a friend of mine...

Strangely hypnotic stuff.

Rich Pullen

« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 18:44:24 »

I maybe wrong but I think they're saying that they've got a friend named Jesus.

Check out the lyrics at 1:43-1:53 - AWESOME.
flammableBen

« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 19:09:34 »

John 11:35
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: