Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: McCrory will 'take time' to find right manager  (Read 8997 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 19:04:48 »

I am becoming one of them Grammar manager police things.
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 20:27:46 »

I'm actually optimistic too. Communications aside and yes, things could be better. It looks to me like things are moving in the right direction on several fronts, from a business perspective. A lot has been achieved in a short space of time and although we made the PO's last year, there are few players that I'd have been gutted to see go and if they are too expensive, then why not replace them. If we have to do it with loans, so what? Save some money and bring our own in after having had time to evaluate properly. The lack of communication or a lack of big transfer / manager news does not equal a lack of progress, in fact it is probably the opposite. I'll happily wait for the new manager.

Decent post - totally agree.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 20:36:38 »

Charge high prices you get high expectations.

Its not really the current lots pricing is it? OK perhaps they could have lowered it but when you're cutting costs you're hardly going to hack at ticket prices are you.

seems pretty obvious to me that certain people are finding their own reasons to not support the club. I feel a bit disillusioned with our own fan base, especially as the whole 'fans are the lifeblood' mantra is seen constantly posted on here and its completely untrue. Maybe its my youthful naivety kicking in but I always thought that was what supporting a team was about.. supporting it! Blind love for something you grew up with, you randomly fell in love with despite the fact it does nothing but ruin your weekend and increase your risk of heart disease.

Same people who moan about how much of a business football is are the same people who label themselves as a customer. Im not a fucking customer of STFC and Ill never consider myself that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 20:40:58 »

Its not really the current lots pricing is it?

Er, yes it is.

And had we gone up then it would have been a great price for championship football.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:18:34 »

Charge high prices you get high expectations.
and cover one of the bigger wage bills in the division still, which is what we have even after the cuts.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:20:52 »

We need a manager in place. No-one ever won anything without a manager.

If our plan for this season is to survive, rather than compete, then tell us now Jed. Then I can stay at home, and save my cash.

Oooh, I know the answer to the question (yes I know there wasn't one) - Chelsea with Di Matteo who was in temporary charge when they won the Champions League.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:22:48 »

Oooh, I know the answer to the question (yes I know there wasn't one) - Chelsea with Di Matteo who was in temporary charge when they won the Champions League.

Rafa Benitez was interim at Chelsea for Europa win too Smiley
« Last Edit: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:24:20 by Costanza » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:28:10 »

Hmm, the signs are clear, forget about appointing proper Managers.  I once took charge of the New College 3rd team when one of the lecturers was off ill.  After some drubbings we won two and drew one, granted one of those wins was against Swindon Town Ladies youngsters and I scored their only goal after getting a little bored at centre half.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:38:07 »

Hmm, the signs are clear, forget about appointing proper Managers.  I once took charge of the New College 3rd team when one of the lecturers was off ill.  After some drubbings we won two and drew one, granted one of those wins was against Swindon Town Ladies youngsters and I scored their only goal after getting a little bored at centre half.

Brilliant.
Reminds me of the time i watched my son Ian play a game when he was young,the ref didn't turn up so i was asked to deputise.
Thing is after 40 mins my sons team were losing 11-0 when a long punt up field found my son stood on the goal line about 40 yards offside and he stroked the ball home.

The ref not only allowed the goal to stand but to the disgust of the dozen or so watching the ref then proceeded to lift the player high in the air and celebrate the goal wildly.
The final score was 22-1.....and the ref never reffed again.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:40:14 »

Interesting, I had an abysmal record when managing a 6 a side team for the next couple of years, although this was in an official capacity, further supporting the case for 8 game stretches in charge.  Once we get to 40, whoever had the best record gets the final 6.
nochee

« Reply #55 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 21:45:19 »

Brilliant.
Reminds me of the time i watched my son Ian play a game when he was young,the ref didn't turn up so i was asked to deputise.
Thing is after 40 mins my sons team were losing 11-0 when a long punt up field found my son stood on the goal line about 40 yards offside and he stroked the ball home.

The ref not only allowed the goal to stand but to the disgust of the dozen or so watching the ref then proceeded to lift the player high in the air and celebrate the goal wildly.
The final score was 22-1.....and the ref never reffed again.

Love that!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 22:10:04 »

Maybe its my youthful naivety kicking in but I always thought that was what supporting a team was about.. supporting it! Blind love for something you grew up with, you randomly fell in love with despite the fact it does nothing but ruin your weekend and increase your risk of heart disease.  Same people who moan about how much of a business football is are the same people who label themselves as a customer. Im not a fucking customer of STFC and Ill never consider myself that.

and may the passion never die....however objectively stupid it is and regardless of my comments that is exactly how I still feel

Hats off to the positive ones who actually contribute to the STFC Trust.  They are the true doers, even if some of us bemoan the lack of activism.

Occasionally a board behave as trustees or custodians rather than as shareholders and directors but it most cases that role is left to the fans.  If the best some fans can do is roundly abuse and denigrate and keep a board on its toes then that can be valuable in appropriate cases in keeping questions alive.

It was instructive to read about Man City's new "fan relations" director slip the word "monetize" when talking about the fan base.  City garners incredibly detailed information about the fanbase's spending habits to max out the financial return on each type of fan, ie getting a better return from each fan based on what you know they can afford and how they behave etc.  If we don't want to be customers, we have to question.

Let's not fall into the trap of thinking that fans and the board share the same passion and the same values.  Jed's and LP's problem is that they have yet to communicate why they're here at all.  Is it because they don't have a plan or because we would not like it or because they are so called "poor communicators"? 

The debate runs.  We are Tottenh Swindon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: