Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: McCrory will 'take time' to find right manager  (Read 9041 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 16:41:38 »

Seems to me that they want Cooper to oversee the first couple of games and if we aint hammered out of sight they will appoint him.

Shit way of deciding on a manager

But the most economic on account he already has a contract,makes good financial sense.
The Great Stan

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:03:07 »

But, surely, economics shouldn't be the deciding factor on the most important position in a football club?

Not saying Cooper would defo be a clusterfuck but I'm sure it would put even more of the fanbase in 'anti' mode then there already is
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:07:37 »

But, surely, economics shouldn't be the deciding factor on the most important position in a football club?

Not saying Cooper would defo be a clusterfuck but I'm sure it would put even more of the fanbase in 'anti' mode then there already is
Unless he's successful, then no one would give a fuck.

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:07:48 »

If he is appointed, I'd imagine the most common response would be mild disappointment followed by a willingness to give him a go for the first 6 or 7 games.  Di Canio lost 4 on the trot early on, and Cooper wouldn't be cut anything like as much slack if his early results were as bad.  But he'd get the benefit of the doubt for a short period, I'd expect.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:08:42 »

He's the one person I desperately don't want.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:09:19 »

McCrory has made this clear from the outset...well after his flirtation with the budget being the same...and it has informed decisions since, so unless things have changed, and we've been told we're still about half a mill over budget...the cheap option seems most likely.
The_Doctor

« Reply #21 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:10:40 »

don't want cooper, bollocks to that, your all going soft, The board read these forums, we should be 100% against appointing cooper. He has done fuck all, was even shit at Telford.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:16:48 »

To be honest its not a bad time to manage the Town.

Great things are not expected(unlike with Paolo) and the pressure not quite as high to succeed.

Lets hope for the best.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:22:15 »

don't want cooper, bollocks to that, your all going soft, The board read these forums, we should be 100% against appointing cooper. He has done fuck all, was even shit at Telford.

I'd imagine if we can offload Caddis, Benson, Navarro, L Rooney, Cox and sort A Rooney to our advantage, then it might free up some money for a manager, otherwise...it'll be Cooper, prob with Pitman next if it goes pear shaped.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:23:59 »

They'd have appointed Cooper by now, surely?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:25:36 »

As I've said before, he's currently doing the job on an asst wage....no need to promote him yet, if at all so save a few bob.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:26:15 »

Not if they're planning to give him 3 games and see how it goes. If we lose all three, they'll appoint someone else and claim Cooper was never a serious option. If we do well, they might just keep him on as a reward for the good start?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:32:46 »

They have,he is taking training and will be in charge the first few matches.

It's just not been made official yet.

To be fair i say we should give him a shot...our expectations will not be to high then.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:33:58 »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Darren Ward in on some sort of new player/assistant contract. Saves money on hiring another coach.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 29, 2013, 17:38:32 »

Have we ever started a season without a manager before?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: