Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your views on the news  (Read 24142 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:16:32 »

The most important fact is that these so-called "charges" were dropped by the Swedish authorities for lack of cause during their investigation to the girl's stories. Normally, for any one of us, that would be that. But SOMEONE pressured Sweden into re-opening the charges...anyone want to guess who? And anyone want to guess why the Swedes will not guarantee his non extradition to the US?

Shame on the Swedes as well.

but more shame on the yanks in the 'land of the free' for being such bullies.
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:20:21 »

I'm not sure you are up to speed with this Leefer.

Are you aware of what wikileaks is? This is a genuine question!

just to clarify....

I don't mean wikipedia. I mean wikileaks.

Two very different things.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:32:18 »

I'm amazed anyone actually thinks he'd get a fair trial in America. straight on the plane to Guantanamo Bay

I agree Sie but you cannot change international law just because you THINK he wont get a fair crack of the whip.....but the facts are he had all opportunities to appeal to all the top courts...he failed.we the British who Jan reckons will stitch him up gave him bail.....no judge would give a person bail if there was stitching up to be done.

An Australian judge said Assange would have got ten years for hacking years back but because he had a bad childhood was given a slap on the wrist

Hacking is best done with a sword....if you live by it then chances are you will die by it Wink

To be honest my point was that he has spent a lifetime or so it seems leaking official government records....a good thing in a lot of peoples eyes but then finds sanctuary in the Embassy of Equador....this great country with human rights issues that make us the Swedes and the USA look kind of friendly Cheesy

Touch of irony there surely.

Correct Flasheart i get it.....but in my post to Jan so rudely interupted by you Grin i was talking about the sex case.....and nothing else......that is why Sweden want him extradited.....to face these charges.

You kinda dragged me into all the other stuff....which to be honest has been a real eye opener to me.

Law is law.....if Sweden want him back he goes back end of... whether you me or millions of others disagree or not......you cant just change the law when you feel like it....its just not British!

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:39:52 »

To anyone believing the Swedish rape tosh:

is there any reason why a Swedish Court could not sit in London (or even the Ecuadorean Embassy) ?
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:40:46 »

Sweden dropped the sex charges because they thought there was no case.

Do you think it's right the charges were reopened because the yanks want him?

It has fuck all to do with the sec charges Leefer. And the charges of 'rape' against him are because he didn't wear a condom. The women agreed to have sex with him but according to Swedish law, not wearing a condom could be considered rape. He raped nobody, he just didn't bag up. The prosecutor said that themselves.

The charges were dropped but reopened again after pressure from the yanks because he opened a few cans of worms. Now the yanks want him because he did something that they constantly claim to be fighting for the right for........ freedom of speech. Everybody has the right to freedom of speech, except when you say bad things about us. Hurrah for septic democracy.

It has fuck all to do with any sex charges. Do you think it right leefer that the yanks can bully and change the rules as they go along?
« Last Edit: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:44:35 by Flashheart » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:47:47 »

I don't know why we let ourselves get caught up in other countries shit.

Get Sweden to give guarantees they will return him to the UK or a country of his choice when they're finished with him and that under no circumstances will he be handed over to the US. If they give it, Assange can fuck off to Sweden. If they don't, Sweden can fuck off.

Worth pointing out he hasn't been charged with anything and at present they just want to question him. They've been offered the opportunity of coming over to the UK to do it, including at the embassy, and they've refused.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:54:47 »

Worth pointing out he hasn't been charged with anything and at present they just want to question him.

Just like none of those "terrorists" in Guantanamo have been charged and are only being held for questioning...
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 21:59:33 »

The Guardian says Julian Assange is accused of "serious sexual assaults". Not wearing a condom is not a crime in this country. Sweden it is. The two women were worried about catching the clap. They went to the police to see whether they could compel JA to take an STD test. The Police then said he would be charged with rape. One girl was distraught and refused to sign the statements she'd made. The other allowed JA to stay with her.

No two ways about it, it's a stitch up job.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 22:06:21 »

Leefer - if you were wanted for questioning about a condom incident in Ecuador, after a dream holiday to the Galapagos and the Andes, would you be happy to go out there to answer questions  (just after the Ecuadorean Embassy officials had read your comments about their human rights being a bit shit Wink)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Thursday, August 16, 2012, 22:11:55 »

Just like none of those "terrorists" in Guantanamo have been charged and are only being held for questioning...

I didn't mean it like that, I agree with you. Should have added....

It seems strange to me it's even possible to extradite someone just for questioning without there being any actual charges or an arrest warrant or whatever. Even stranger when they won't come to the UK to do the questioning, as they have in other cases - including a murder suspect.

But it really pisses me off that we have spent a fortune on this when it's not our problem. Isn't there now a couple of Police officers outside the embassy waiting to arrest him? Fucking ridiculous way to spend public money, should be telling the Swedes to pay for it or to fuck off.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 07:46:23 »

I see most people have shied away from the more emotive news story of yesterday (myself included).

There was a professor of medical ethics on Radio 4 who said the judges had some flexibility with the laws as they stand but felt they made their decision on the hope that govt will revise the law so that there is much greater clarity.

Also the arguments that disabled people will be pushed/forced/bullied into following suit is ludicrous.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 16:55:49 »

I see most people have shied away from the more emotive news story of yesterday (myself included).

There was a professor of medical ethics on Radio 4 who said the judges had some flexibility with the laws as they stand but felt they made their decision on the hope that govt will revise the law so that there is much greater clarity.

Also the arguments that disabled people will be pushed/forced/bullied into following suit is ludicrous.

Agreed DP, the way to stop the pushed/bullied/forced into it would be easily stopped by insisting on a case by case review process. It's clear to see in this case (as others have gone on before) that the individual here wants to end his awful existence. Feel extremely sorry for the bloke but I feel even more sorry for him that the law of the land has stopped him from putting himself out of the misery.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 17:00:29 »

Pussy Riot got 2 years in some Gulag then....I wont be giving up vodka by way of protest.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #43 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 17:19:17 »

I'm pro-choice when it comes to all matters of the body. I believe the state should have no say in what I do to my own body.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 17:54:55 »

I'm pro-choice when it comes to all matters of the body. I believe the state should have no say in what I do to my own body.

That's the point though Nicklinson can't do anything to end his own life except starve to death. Hardly dignified.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: