Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266506 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7650 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:14:05 »

The Trust should also be going in with examples of what other clubs can and do provide to the public, before Clem just says he can't share the details because it's all private and confidential.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7651 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:17:46 »

So I don't understand the 'not making money from contracts' bit. We've binned centerplate and brought in house - so surely this isn't the contract he's on about.

That we may owe them cash isn't really relevant
---++
Did anyone hear Hawes on the radio? Most of it he was unable to confirm re: wages late. Fair enough.

But, and I'm hope I'm not misrepresenting what was said, but he implied the trust haven't yet been given access to the books.

I mean, that's why the statement made no sense anyway.  Those contracts have been place for years, signed when he was a non-exec director or before.  They are not hidden, so much as annoying.  26 months ago was the time to be coming up with plans to find alternative revenue streams, given any limitations.  Hence my point about any of it being directly related to a cash flow shortage in October 2023.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7652 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:22:13 »

So I don't understand the 'not making money from contracts' bit. We've binned centerplate and brought in house - so surely this isn't the contract he's on about.

That we may owe them cash isn't really relevant
---++
Did anyone hear Hawes on the radio? Most of it he was unable to confirm re: wages late. Fair enough.

But, and I'm hope I'm not misrepresenting what was said, but he implied the trust haven't yet been given access to the books.

Given how quiet the Trust have been, have they perhaps been part of a ruse where they all went into a room where the accounts were 'laid out for all to peruse' and then when the Trust members got inside the room, Zav and his band of merry men locked the door behind them, piling up furniture in front of the door so nobody could escape. Phones of course were confiscated pre-entry.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #7653 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 19:23:46 »

The trust are just winding you up , they could easily issue a statement
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7654 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:34:26 »

7 weeks since this and we are hearing rumours it hasn't happened:

https://truststfc.com/2023/09/19/share-transfer-and-ownership-statement/

"The Trust will continue to hold the Club to account by working with them in a collaborative fashion as a critical friend. We will achieve far more by working together with the Club inside the building than from looking in from the outside. An example of this is Friday’s agreement to allow a representative from the Trust Board to review the financial records and accounts of the Club, something which goes above that previously agreed and probably unheard of at other Clubs."

They really need to stop taking Clem at face value. Even saying "probably unheard of at other Clubs" before it had happened smacks of a cosy naivety, a degree of pride even.

I would gladly pay into the Trust if I felt it would represent my concerns and fight the fans' corner. It has been downhill since the day they agreed to get into bed with Power on the ground. They have to, as an organisation, wake up from this stupor soon, right? We are in the shit. You have to be organised and united to get through these issues as a fanbase. And I appreciate there will be conflicting views there, they are fans first, volunteers etc etc.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7655 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:43:38 »

I mean, that's why the statement made no sense anyway.  Those contracts have been place for years, signed when he was a non-exec director or before.  They are not hidden, so much as annoying.  26 months ago was the time to be coming up with plans to find alternative revenue streams, given any limitations.  Hence my point about any of it being directly related to a cash flow shortage in October 2023.

Right, but it could be other contacts like puma shirts or, um, I dunno
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7656 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:44:25 »

One thing I forgot, OAP meal - supporters club say they out in what the always put in. So no shortfall made up there
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7657 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:47:13 »

I e-mailed the Trust, after signing-up to the Share scheme, that they should present the Carlisle example to Clem and get him on public record to agree to do the same, or not.  Either way we would know if he had any interest in backing up the claims.

Not had a response, that was late September.

We have now had links to other examples, where clubs have provided very detailed summaries of their financial performance, including details on transfer incomes, sources of Revenue etc.  Nobody is expecting them to show company names and contracts, but detailed analysis is possible, as is a forward looking forecast.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:57:15 by RobertT » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7658 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:49:03 »

Right, but it could be other contacts like puma shirts or, um, I dunno

Again, known about when he took over and limited in length.  Everyone who buys a business is limited by the agreements in place prior to purchase.  Just fucking get on with it.  26 months after purchase, those contracts are not the direct cause of running out of money before month end in October 2023.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7659 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:50:39 »

I wasn't disagreeing with you btw. Just trying to guess at wtf he's on about, even if nonsense.

Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7660 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:51:08 »

I e-mailed the Trust, after singing-up to the Shae scheme, that they should present the Carlisle example to Clem and get him on public record to agree to do the same, or not.  Either way we would know if he had any interest in backing up the claims.

Not had a response, that was late September.

We have now had links to other examples, where clubs have provided very detailed summaries of their financial performance, including details on transfer incomes, sources of Revenue etc.  Nobody is expecting them to show company names and contracts, but detailed analysis is possible, as is a forward looking forecast.

I'll ask again, what are people getting for their membership/voting share money at the moment? How many 'votes' have share holders participated in since March? Have you fed back in 'regular surveys'?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7661 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 20:56:44 »

As an example of what I mean.

Puma deal - tied up for a few years, diddums, so would every other new owner of a football club be.

However, we have over a hundred years of history to leverage for marketing purposes.  When I was back in the UK in the summer, I visited a few Premier League grounds (son wanted to see a few of them) and all of them had a range of retro shirts available for purchase.  Slightly lower cost than the official ones.  Where are the STFC ones?  Can't make enough off of the current kits, flog some old style ones (replica, not actual) for a few quid less, and the plus side is you can sell them next year as well, and the year after.  The 1969 top for example, the 92/93 one.  Some of the classics.

I know it's not as simple as posting that and making money, but there really is no obvious effort to do much new at the club, bar a crazy amount of sponsorship deals, which seem to be in lieu of services most of the time.  Stop whining about what you were handed (decided to take on, not forced to) and get moving on new strategies.  So far, very little has really changed.  The only thing that did was because the Trust pushed it and Eady paid for it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7662 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 21:01:25 »

https://www.stfcdirect.com/christmas/christmas/christmas/

I mean, if that doesn't suggest club in a mess, what does?

I'm taking all this as read by the way, as a distant fan who cannot see what is in the shop.  The online offering is poor, and seemingly all on fire sale.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7663 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 21:04:52 »

https://www.stfcdirect.com/christmas/christmas/christmas/

I mean, if that doesn't suggest club in a mess, what does?

I'm taking all this as read by the way, as a distant fan who cannot see what is in the shop.  The online offering is poor, and seemingly all on fire sale.

This could be the worst piece of STFC merch I've ever seen. Not in a so shit it is laughable way like the Clem T-shirts.

Just absolutely God-awful rank bad tat: https://www.stfcdirect.com/christmas/christmas/christmas/2311_snowy-night-tee.html
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7664 on: Monday, November 6, 2023, 21:07:16 »

It’s like the Next sale when they only put out the shit🤣

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 508 509 510 [511] 512 513 514 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: