Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266715 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6465 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:24:58 »

I see you've made a friend on Facebook Batch!

I am ian and so is my wite
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6466 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:26:46 »

Thought that was a bloody good and honest interview. Answered the questions to the best of his knowledge and was pretty blunt about things.

I was never personally worried about things but I could understand why others were, but to my mind he put most peoples worries to bed. Could have worded a few things better but everyones different so won't hold that against him.

Massive respect to Clem for doing that as it was almost guaranteed to start another frenzy of theories. He'a never going to satisfy some people in the fanbase but ultimately he doesn't have to.

Without trying to offend any of you, I have come to realise that this forum has become an echo chamber in the last few years. I get why and your all well entitled to you opinions but it seems that when a bit of common sense and logic is applied to try counter some of the crazy  its either ignored or they get called a "happy clapper".

I have to agree with this, most people with differnt views don't bother posting now.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6467 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:29:26 »

Haha. That’s not true in the slightest

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6468 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 07:32:45 »

I know the Boris Johnson comparison has been made before, which is a touch unfair, but I do think that, on the evidence of last night, trying to hold Clem to his word is going to be a similar waste of time. He's absolutely all over the place.

I've joked before that press releases/announcements from the club read like either Clem or Zav has written them. Maybe they have! They clearly don't have a comms person in the building and I doubt a lawyer is checking them. The whole operation is chaotic.

The best thing about all of these recent shenanigans is that the Trust seem to have woken up. I'm going to take that win and frankly treat anything that comes out of the club as unverifiable noise.

I genuinely think we will have to wait for the Power/Standing lawsuit for anything else worthwhile to emerge.

Until then, unless we plough into another iceberg or that stupid concert materialises (some terrifying comments on that from Clem...), it is up Mike Flynn's Red and White Army.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6469 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:13:11 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

He’s an Aussie plumber going through a bad patch. Give the guy a fucking break.

Anyone seriously trying to screw us would have had scripted. multipurpose bland answers, not the response we had yesterday.

Has it done a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes
Can it be sorted? We hope so
Have we any choice other than go with him? Absolutely none !

Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #6470 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:27:35 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

Anyone seriously trying to screw us would have had scripted. multipurpose bland answers, not the response we had yesterday.

Has he admitted so? Yes

Totally agree with that.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6471 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:30:23 »

A statement from the @STFCfoundation and @STFCSupClub

On last night’s event, a question was raised regarding monies owing by @Official_STFC to the Foundation. The Foundation have contacted us to confirm that this is incorrect and all payments made are up to date.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #6472 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:35:00 »

Has he admitted so? Yes

Succinct summary. Agree 100%. 
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6473 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:42:41 »

Has it gone a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes

Succinct summary. Agree 100%. 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6474 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:43:30 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

Has it done a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes

Yep....

On last night’s event, a question was raised regarding monies owing by @Official_STFC to the Foundation. The Foundation have contacted us to confirm that this is incorrect and all payments made are up to date.

Negative supposition and conjecture circulating as fact..... well knock me down with a feather!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6475 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:47:48 »

Just watched the interview on Youtube. I don't have much to add that's already been said over the last 4 pages or so.

I imagine 4D and Fuzzy were VERY excited to see the telescope that was just visual on Clem's screen Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6476 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:03:22 »

At the risk of quoting a much unloved former manager, Clem is the owner and CEO of a multinational, multi-million dollar services business, he's not a child/just an Aussie Plumber, any more than Alan Sugar is a market trader. I understand that his communication isn't particularly polished and I don't really mind that, but I think it is reasonable to expect him to understand the business that he owns and runs (STFC that is, not Axis).
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6477 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:06:42 »

And there is just one reason we shouldn’t believe every rumour that’s posted.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6478 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:10:38 »

The implication being the Eady Trust would have given the FC the money even without a joint venture.
-----------
I've no idea if he's straight up or not. Despite his protestations I'll never be comfortable with Hart/Austin around the club. Whether that's my problem or a genuine concern we'll see.

Still at least he did it.

Isn't the old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer - maybe its just he does not want to fall out with these guys as he gets on with them
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6479 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:17:39 »

At the risk of quoting a much unloved former manager, Clem is the owner and CEO of a multinational, multi-million dollar services business, he's not a child/just an Aussie Plumber, any more than Alan Sugar is a market trader. I understand that his communication isn't particularly polished and I don't really mind that, but I think it is reasonable to expect him to understand the business that he owns and runs (STFC that is, not Axis).
How many owners of a lower league football club had any experience of running one when they bought it?

Just hope that these shenanigans hit home to Clem that he - or his minions - need to get a grip on what needs to change to get the club running a bit more smoothly.
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 431 [432] 433 434 435 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: