Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dream on ...  (Read 8745 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 19:25:41 »

graham Taylor

Oh fuck no.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 19:43:12 »

Isn't the "big name" the one that he said had applied and would be a dream but might not be right for the club? To me that smacks of someone like Allardyce - would be an amazing move in terms of making people sit up and take notice but possibly not right for the club in that not only does he demand sky-high wages but comes with a similarly expensive entourage the size of which would make an eastern potentate blush!

But if it was he would have to cut his cloth according to this level, would not be able to earn as much as he would in a higher level and wouldn't need so many back room staff at this level either.

But to get round the wages part insert clauses into the contract dependant on things like league place, cup wins, attendances - there are incentives to build up a contract and it makes the manager a little bit more focused on aiming for 10th for example instead being happy with 14th.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 19:46:49 »

But if it was he would have to cut his cloth according to this level, would not be able to earn as much as he would in a higher level and wouldn't need so many back room staff at this level either.
Which is why he won't come here/be right for the club
Christy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 23:08:07 »

Just to add to the 'no to Sanchez' brigade.....I know a player who Sanchez signed. 

His 'welcome' was to be blanked by Sanchez on day one.  Look how hard I am!

His coaching was stone age - player was genuinely bemused that he had moved from a smaller club, well-drilled and where everyone knew their jobs to one in Lawrie's la la land with better players where they didn't have a clue.

On second thoughts....
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 18:14:02 »

He'd be more of a Judas if he betrayed Shaun Taylor to some Roman Jews.

Or sold him to Bristol City...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
flammableBen

« Reply #80 on: Thursday, November 27, 2008, 18:14:35 »

Dream off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: