Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228757 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2535 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 11:35:02 »

Just seen the video and I don't think she was laughging at the deaths. I reckon it was more a case of exasperation at the gobshite not letting her speak - as per usual from him.
Exactly that, can’t believe people are buying his ‘man of the people’ act.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2536 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 11:41:46 »

I wasn't referring to that, see my reply to FH
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2537 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 12:11:26 »

The number of people backing trump in this is terryfying - but not surprising.

So many are repeating misunderstandings or just plain lies.

For example "The WHO covered it up by saying it doesn't transmit from person to person".

True, to a degree. They said in JANUARY this was the case 'according to preliminary data'. About a week later, they reversed the statement as more information came to light. It's how science works but there's too many idiots out there unable or unwilling to realise that.

Idiots are fucking dangerous. And they're dangerous to the rest of us.
Predictably, one of the idiots in question is the arch gobshite Farage. Putin must be pissing himself, he's done more damage to America's standing in the world with a few 10s of millions of dollars than the Soviets managed in 50 years of the Cold War
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2538 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 12:19:40 »

On another note, anyone seen that 99yr old bloke walking lengths of his garden to raise money for the NHS? Hes raised £2m quid! What a bloke!

£5m and rising  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2539 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 12:20:31 »

£5m and rising  Smiley

6.5 million now! Top man

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2540 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 12:39:33 »

6.5 million now! Top man
Bloody hell, that's enormously impressive
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #2541 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 14:09:36 »

‘Only’ 760 deaths reported today - barring a big reporting lull, you would have thought any reporting backlog from the bank holiday would have washed through the numbers by now. I know the reporting method isn’t perfect, but even on a like-for-like basis with numbers reported on previous Tuesdays (which will have contained the weekends spikes)

Cautiously suggest that numbers may have peaked last week in the high-900’s, although still a very long way to go

Things get better but they never get good
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #2542 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 14:29:11 »

I see the Care Minister is the latest govt fuckwit to put the moron in oxymoron.

I've just tried watching the video in question, lasted about 20 seconds before switching off. Constant cutting in from Morgan after Whately had only just opened her mouth, admonishing her for not being able to see the paper he was holding up when she was on a video call. A combination of Piers being a bell end, and the delay on the video feed meant anyone watching that is absolutely none the wiser.

Out of interest, was Morgan as critical of Government failures to provide PPE when our squaddies were being sent to fight in Iraq with some boots and body armour they got off eBay and some crusty old Land Rovers?

Ah no, he was making up stories about them pissing on bodies.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2543 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 14:53:26 »

‘Only’ 760 deaths reported today - barring a big reporting lull, you would have thought any reporting backlog from the bank holiday would have washed through the numbers by now. I know the reporting method isn’t perfect, but even on a like-for-like basis with numbers reported on previous Tuesdays (which will have contained the weekends spikes)

Cautiously suggest that numbers may have peaked last week in the high-900’s, although still a very long way to go

Cautiously agreeing with you.  It's an important step forward.  Looks like we're arriving at the plateau.  Hopefully, this also means that the worst of the capacity-related scenarios have been avoided.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2544 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 15:10:22 »

Let's hope so, although we've been here before with a temporary plateau.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2545 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 15:11:46 »

I've just tried watching the video in question, lasted about 20 seconds before switching off. Constant cutting in from Morgan after Whately had only just opened her mouth, admonishing her for not being able to see the paper he was holding up when she was on a video call. A combination of Piers being a bell end, and the delay on the video feed meant anyone watching that is absolutely none the wiser.
And again, if you read back, you'll see that wasn't the bit I was talking about.

Out of interest, was Morgan as critical of Government failures to provide PPE when our squaddies were being sent to fight in Iraq with some boots and body armour they got off eBay and some crusty old Land Rovers?

Morgan's a dick, always has been, no-one is suggesting otherwise and his man of the people pose is as revolting now as it always has been
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #2546 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 15:13:17 »

And he would probably be the first cockwomble to complain loudly if they put up the NI contributions to fund the NHS payrises he is shouting for

I come from a land down-under
Valid Pint

« Reply #2547 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 16:14:47 »

Great package for care homes just announced.

WARNING: Thursday evening might see fireworks let off. If you or your pets are of a nervous disposition, please make the same contingency arrangements as you do on Bonfire Night, NYE etc. Likewise please advise any health or social care workers who are your family, friends, neighbours etc.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #2548 on: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 18:51:03 »

I'll have nothing to do with Morgan, avoid him at all costs and would advise everyone else to. When he was in charge of the Mirror it was ridiculous.

Ignore
« Reply #2549 on: Thursday, April 16, 2020, 08:35:04 »

Great package for care homes just announced.

WARNING: Thursday evening might see fireworks let off. If you or your pets are of a nervous disposition, please make the same contingency arrangements as you do on Bonfire Night, NYE etc. Likewise please advise any health or social care workers who are your family, friends, neighbours etc.

Prick
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: