Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Wilder points the finger at Town players  (Read 18238 times)
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 14:28:33 »

Rhodes-Brown used to play for Chelsea and us.

We don't normally waste time, the derby is the most effective I've seen us do it and that was mainly down to the ball boy and crowd keeping the balls. The ball boy wouldn't have been under any instructions to do it, just a youth team player who supports his club.

Our 'keeper was booked in the 20th minute (of the first half) against the Shrews, a complete joke of a booking. The ball went over the crossbar and because he didn't immediately run to get it he was booked.

The ref was really awful all night. Wilder said he had a bad feeling when he met the Shrews staff and the ref beforehand; the ref was on first name terms with all of them and very pally. He gave throw-ins the wrong way when it was obvious, added 2 mins in the first half (there were some injuries) and then 5 in the second (there were no injuries). Also, to underline his ineptitude, gave our player offside direct from a throw-in which is impossible. Boo hoo I know.

You could take comfort, OF in the fact Shrewsbury weren't happy with the ref when they played us because...he was from Wiltshire. They even complained to the football league:

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=77762

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 17:39:37 »

Not sure how you can say for sure the ballboy wasn't instructed to waste time either but we'll just have to beg to differ.

I'd have done the same as the ball boy, wouldn't you? It's not as though any of them but him were doing it, i.e. they'd been given blanket instructions to be little sods.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 18:02:55 »

The wallies on Radio Oxford suggested that he went down with cramp. How often do professional goalkeepers get cramp?

That Rhodes Brown gimp was really annoying, every time the main commentator suggested Pox were doing something wrong, he kept saying 'oh no, we are Oxford United, that's not our way' etc. Total plum that man (who ever he is).
[/quote

I don't know why a ref would stop a game for cramp anyway.  It's not an injury, but a lack of conditioning/fitness.  Why should the ref stop a game because some players don't look after themselves or train properly?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 18:48:21 »

Liked this quote from the Shrews forum:

"Make Gillingham look more appealing, which takes some doing."
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 18:50:13 »

Liked this quote from the Shrews forum:

"Make Gillingham look more appealing, which takes some doing."

I think that thread goes a long way to suggesting Shrewsbury are alright.  Hope they finish second.

Oh, and Derek Smalls wears a Shrewsbury top...not relevent, but I just remembered.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 20:49:12 »

I'd have done the same as the ball boy, wouldn't you? It's not as though any of them but him were doing it, i.e. they'd been given blanket instructions to be little sods.

Fair comment, you've got me there. I probably would do the same. Not sure the other ball boys were the quickest but just got frustrated with your constant timewasting Saturday (yep again would have done the same). Does mean i have fuck all sympathy with your five minutes injury time last night though. It's pretty much the norm these days second half now anyway.
DRS

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 21:12:09 »

They now have fridge magnets to celebrate the win in august.For that reason alone i don't think OF can mock paolos wigan comments anymore can he :-)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 21:16:58 »

Where can I purchase said glorious item? Sounds special.
Spencer_White

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 21:18:40 »

www.sadpoxcunts.co.uk
TheSwineDon

Bish Bosh Smash

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, March 7, 2012, 21:31:55 »

Fair comment, you've got me there. I probably would do the same. Not sure the other ball boys were the quickest but just got frustrated with your constant timewasting Saturday (yep again would have done the same). Does mean i have fuck all sympathy with your five minutes injury time last night though. It's pretty much the norm these days second half now anyway.

I wouldn't say that's really the case for us... Granted we sat back against Accy but it wasn't a tactic Paolo chose. I like to think on the whole we play to the whistle. Who's with me!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: