Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 ... 203   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The new, new manager thread. Thread closed.  (Read 290913 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2730 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 11:06:09 »

You could be correct but at the moment you're basing that opinion on absolutely nothing other than the names of the clubs.

Thanks for telling me how I'm basing my opinions, you are partially correct.

I'm also (rightly or wrongly) using last season as a lesson that despite how disorganised we were, we managed to put together a very good first eleven onto the pitch come the start of the season. I was very impressed with the calibre of players we did manage to bring in and would hope we could repeat that this season.

Dan Sweeney on paper does sound like a player we might have looked to bring in, however the fact a centre back in a footballing side has gone to play for anti-football Steve Evans to me is an odd career choice. Maybe they are throwing £££ at it this season and I'll end up with egg on my face this Time next year.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #2731 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 11:26:22 »

Bet Victor have now suspended the market so I expect that all the speculation will soon be over.

I know next to nothing about betting so bear with me, but I’ve gathered from reading this thread that in general the odds are very little indication, if at all, with regards to working out who is going to be employed. Does this apply to betting companies suspending betting too or is that a generally more accurate indication of what’s to come?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #2732 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 11:27:59 »

Appointing Scott Lindsey would be very difficult to put a positive spin on, if you are doing an internal appointment you do it straight away.  

We know there has been negotiations with Charlton over him so rightly or wrongly the perception amongst many would be Charlton wouldn’t pay for him and we couldn’t afford to pay him off and as we haven’t managed to get anyone else in we’ve given him a crack as manager. He’d be in a hiding to nothing so can’t imagine it happening.
cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #2733 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 11:29:14 »

Maybe both Scott's are staying and Marshall might be the assistant or they will both work with Caddis and Piccareta. It also might be why there has been a delay if they both have chosen to stay and Delaney and Crofts probably would have wanted their own coaches.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2734 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 11:43:52 »

Anyone know who we've actually spoken to/interviewed as the usual reliable suspects on the forum have gone quiet😀

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2735 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 11:46:56 »

Hang on a minute....

We are heading into the week the players come back and are doomed because we haven't got a head coach the season after we made the play offs. The players are all going to leave because we are ripping up last year's DoF, manager and coaching team.

We wouldn't be happy for one of the main coaches to step up into a 'head coach' position (where he is responsible for coaching and not some of the responsibilities of a manager). That would be desperate and cheap? Instead, we want some 'name' that doesn't know the club, the players and the rest of the staff and facilities. We want them because they must obviously be better as they have featured in betting odds and have done different jobs elsewhere.

Right! Got it!
Can’t see anyone saying we’re doomed or all the players are leaving.

Only one poster, Jimmy, has said he’d not want Lindsey. I probably agree with him for good reason - only my opinion which I know you’re not keen on.

If promoting a number 2 when a manager leaves because he knows the club, players and staff was a successful way of doing things then every club would do it. I can’t think of many, if any, No. 2’s who’ve taken over the top job and gone on to be a success. Off the top of my head the 2 we’ve tried have been disasters - Gorman and Luke Williams. Although, tbf to Gorman, I’m not sure if anyone would have done appreciably better.

It’s the same flawed logic when some fans clamour for a former player to take over.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the U-23 or whatever route - was glad to see Garner go - but if that’s the model we’re sticking too, fair enough. So, if there’s a choice between Lindsey and Delaney, Carrick or that fella from Brighton I’d prefer those who have contacts with PL clubs to increase our chances of getting a better class of loanee.

I’d prefer a Wellens or a Ferguson, but that’s not going to happen.
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #2736 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 12:08:20 »

Hang on a minute....

We are heading into the week the players come back and are doomed because we haven't got a head coach the season after we made the play offs. The players are all going to leave because we are ripping up last year's DoF, manager and coaching team.

We wouldn't be happy for one of the main coaches to step up into a 'head coach' position (where he is responsible for coaching and not some of the responsibilities of a manager). That would be desperate and cheap? Instead, we want some 'name' that doesn't know the club, the players and the rest of the staff and facilities. We want them because they must obviously be better as they have featured in betting odds and have done different jobs elsewhere.

Right! Got it!

Clem, Zav or any other person from this board could walk into your living room, take a shit on the floor and walk out without a worry in the world and you still wouldn’t have anything remotely negative said about them or the ongoings at the club.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2737 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 12:11:16 »

it would be crap (Lindsay)

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2738 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 12:14:22 »

In a way he’s soiled goods - obviously wanted to join Garner (and may well do yet).

If he reverted back to, say, Delaney’s No.2 I’d have no complaints.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2739 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 12:27:20 »

Can’t see anyone saying we’re doomed or all the players are leaving.

Only one poster, Jimmy, has said he’d not want Lindsey. I probably agree with him for good reason - only my opinion which I know you’re not keen on.

If promoting a number 2 when a manager leaves because he knows the club, players and staff was a successful way of doing things then every club would do it. I can’t think of many, if any, No. 2’s who’ve taken over the top job and gone on to be a success. Off the top of my head the 2 we’ve tried have been disasters - Gorman and Luke Williams. Although, tbf to Gorman, I’m not sure if anyone would have done appreciably better.

It’s the same flawed logic when some fans clamour for a former player to take over.

Personally, I’m not a fan of the U-23 or whatever route - was glad to see Garner go - but if that’s the model we’re sticking too, fair enough. So, if there’s a choice between Lindsey and Delaney, Carrick or that fella from Brighton I’d prefer those who have contacts with PL clubs to increase our chances of getting a better class of loanee.

I’d prefer a Wellens or a Ferguson, but that’s not going to happen.

Good post, no problem with him on the coaching team but not as the head coach/manager

So, give no fucks
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2740 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 12:27:57 »

The things that seem to get sorted without delay are shirts sale promotions, season ticket promotions, corporate promotions. How about some focus/news about what may or may not be happening on the pitch. Getting irritating now.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #2741 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 12:29:10 »

If Lindsey were the answer, Garner should have been sacked to make way - or at the very least (and a long, long way behind) we should have appointed Lindsey the day compensation was agreed with CA over Garner.  
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #2742 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 13:17:59 »

Simon Cox straight in as second favourite at 8/1 Scott Lyndsey now down to 16/1😀

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2743 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 13:23:56 »

Just another name to throw into the mix.

Simon Cox

‘Back from a lovely family holiday and some downtime to evaluate and plan next moves. Whilst away I applied for 3 jobs in all different roles across all levels of the football pyramid and sent numerous messages and made enough calls my network provider will be happy I’m sure.’
Bookies reading my post!

Roll up! Roll up!

Cox could be a fine assistant. Has he even done his badges?

Didn’t realise he finished playing in Australia, either.

He has a UEFA A Licence

The UEFA A Licence is one level below the UEFA Pro Licence and allows holders to be head coaches of youth teams up to age 18, reserve teams (also known as 'B' teams) for top-flight clubs, and men's professional second-tier clubs.[4][5]
« Last Edit: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 13:33:41 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2744 on: Sunday, June 19, 2022, 13:35:23 »

Simon Cox straight in as second favourite at 8/1 Scott Lyndsey now down to 16/1😀
Don’t want to piss on your chips, but Lindsey is now evens fav!
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 ... 203   Go Up
Print
Jump to: