Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59012 times)
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:46:49 »

God I'm knackered, gave my all this afternoon, totally drained.

I did think I was going to puke in added time I was so tense.

Great display, I thought the two pens that we weren't given were nail on certainties. The effort put in by all was fantastic, really did us proud.

I thought Wigan were just a quicker version than Morecambe - but with slightly higher paid players - all possession and pretty passing but with absolutely no end product at all. (except a fluffed pen)

Connell was my MOM, totally awesome all game, held the ball up well, ruled the skies and scored a brilliant header..... he was clearly fucked when he came off - Magera I thought got stuck in well and really did his part - ruffed up their back 4 and chased down every ball - fair play to the lad....
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:49:27 »

I have to pick and choose unfortunately due to money. It wasn't a dig at anyone, just hope people realise what a good team PDC is creating.

Was only joking fella.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:50:32 »

Connell was my MOM, totally awesome all game, held the ball up well, ruled the skies and scored a brilliant header..... he was clearly fucked when he came off - Magera I thought got stuck in well and really did his part - ruffed up their back 4 and chased down every ball - fair play to the lad....

I'm so pleased Connell seems to be coming good.  I've been willing him to do well since he joined.  He made all the right noises at the time and you could tell his attitude was spot on...and this was borne out by what Grimsby fans were saying about him back then as well.  Could be a very important piece of our jigsaw in the run in.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:52:27 »

God I'm knackered, gave my all this afternoon, totally drained.

I did think I was going to puke in added time I was so tense.

Great display, I thought the two pens that we weren't given were nail on certainties. The effort put in by all was fantastic, really did us proud.

I thought Wigan were just a quicker version than Morecambe - but with slightly higher paid players - all possession and pretty passing but with absolutely no end product at all. (except a fluffed pen)

Connell was my MOTM too. Ritchie, Caddis, Benson and Ferry were also class.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kaufman

« Reply #394 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:53:11 »

Stood and Sat in Stratton bank today, for the first time ever i think.
Might have already been said but i really felt we beat them without even having to be at our best and that's the best compliment i can give the team.
There's so much more to come from them.
I also like Dicanio's comment that the players had more belief they could beat Wigan than him.
Team is growing
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:56:55 »

That was awesome

Things get better but they never get good
stfcinbmth

« Reply #396 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:58:16 »

I'm so pleased Connell seems to be coming good.  I've been willing him to do well since he joined.  He made all the right noises at the time and you could tell his attitude was spot on...and this was borne out by what Grimsby fans were saying about him back then as well.  Could be a very important piece of our jigsaw in the run in.

I think he's great, he just needed a bit of time and a bit of a run in the side. He'd be my first name on the team sheet, also think he will link up well with Benson, both of them have a great first touch and link up play brilliantly, I can see us scoring a shed load more goals in the second half of the season

Let's not forget SuggWillSugg, he's instrumental in our success too

Wovers 2-0 down now, no upsets there
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:00:03 by stfcinbmth » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:10:08 »

On a side note, would that have been the most town fans in the ground since the premiership days??

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:12:15 »

Great atmosphere today. Someone questioned the atmosphere in this thread, and if they were judging that by the online stream, they got it completely wrong. All 4 stands being open really does make a massive difference.

First half, we were great. Second half, we were phenomenal. The 3 league difference between the two teams could noe seen and if anything, we seemed the premiership team. Sure, Wigan had a lot of the ball at times, but our midfield and defence really limited them as to what they could do with it. Similar to their game against Sunderland to br honest.

After their first goal, we switched on. As Paolo would say, we had fire in our eyes. Our wingers were fantastic, their final crosses were immense as well as their one on one against defenders. Ritchie had a cracker today.

Second half we were even better and Wigan were in the backseat. I thought Connell was spectacular both halves, but was disappointed with Murray who was never really in the game. The introduction of Benson was certainly game-changing and his touches and reading of the game really shows promise. I think near the end, abensons fitness could be questionned which shows he still needs a lot more time in training.

I think we could have had two pens on a different day, but I'll take the offside goal I guess! The atmosphere after the winning goal was incredible. Can someone compare and the winner against Northampton? Also thought Mayer's was okay, ran a lot,  closed down defenders, did just what he had to. His time wasting at the end was so professional too.

Overall, everyone had a good game, but I have no idea why Kennedy got MoM. He was solid, but definitely not amok for me. I'd have to pick Caddis today. His linkup play with Ritchie was a different class to anything else on the pitch. He looked like he could play another whole half after that game, his fitness looks incredible. Real captain performance.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #399 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:16:57 »

It did sound very quiet on the TV, guess it depended on how many microphones they stuck out
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:21:00 »

I couldn't understand why Connell came off as he was holding the ball up well. But fair play to Magera, he played well when he came on.
I thought Connell was knackered so it was an easy decision, but by bringing on Magera it offered a lot more height to our attack, Benson and Magera are pretty big guys!  Also helpful on defensive duties, but why the fuck do we bring all players back when we are defending a corner or set piece - leave one up front it does give us an outlet!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:22:47 »

Magera keeping the ball in teh corner at the end was the best thing i've ever seen him do. He played a lot more withdrawn the connel was, adding a link between the midfield and benson up front, and a more physical threat to counter watson

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:23:54 »

Also one more thing. I thought Al Habsi was meant to be a phenomenal 'keeper? From what I saw, Wes was much much better. This guy is really going to be playing at the top level.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:24:53 »

Magera keeping the ball in teh corner at the end was the best thing i've ever seen him do. He played a lot more withdrawn the connel was, adding a link between the midfield and benson up front, and a more physical threat to counter watson

Him in the corner was beautiful. Exactly what the players and fans needed.

Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 19:25:24 »

Also one more thing. I thought Al Habsi was meant to be a phenomenal 'keeper? From what I saw, Wes was much much better. This guy is really going to be playing at the top level.

Tbf to him, Al Habsi pulled off a worldy save in the first half from a deflected effort. He's also been in decent form in the Prem recently. His time-wasting antics today were what pissed me off and he was rightly booked.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: