Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 43   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Wigan - Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59507 times)
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:03:05 »

Another struggling prem team at home, one that would be beatable.. maybe Liverpool :-)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:07:44 »

Anyone who questions Matt Ritchie's worth to the team should watch the highlights later. Without him, we're 'concentrating on the league' tonight....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:08:02 »

Wow what a game!

I guess every man and his dog was there, so I'll try to keep my thoughts brief.

Up to the penalty Wigan passed it around well. We worked overtime to keep shape and keep it tight, and this restricted us going forward but also restricted Wigan too. It looked a clear cut penalty to me.

After the penalty we did what we did against Huddersfield. Unleashed hell. Well sort of. We had a good go at them for at least 5 minutes before the goal, raining the crosses in. Connell's goal was a great flick on.

Second half was kind of like a game against any old half decent division 2 team. And that is a massive massive compliment to our boys. We restricted Wigan to very few chances, we could have scored a couple more had Ritchie not bananad over a side foot, and had the ref given what looked like a penalty on Connell (might be wrong).

Sure the goal that won it was a bit fortuitous if reports of Benson being offside are true. But to think this slice of luck was undeserved would be wrong. We were the better team.

Wigan made a fair few changes from the Sunderland game, but once they had all their subs on we'd seen 7 players from the Sunderland squad "grace" the County Ground turf. This was no youth team.

Stand out players. All of them. Even Megera looked up for it and tried to put himself about!

If I had to single some out: Foderingham Ritchie, Caddis, McCormack, Flint..oh I'll just end up naming them all.

The Swindon Town Swoodilypoopers would like to congratulate the actual Swindon Town on one of the great games I've ever watched in grainy low-definition on the Internet. What a beautiful win! On to the fourth round!

Smiley
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:10:01 by Batch » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:09:28 »

The Connell penalty looked a good shout, but the one on Caddis after we scored was so Stonewall you could have issued an anti-Homophobia press statement in its name.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:10:09 »

What a result.

Im off for a wank.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #365 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:11:32 »

Ta Batch, bit of luck with the goal but I guess that evens up the penalty we didn't get for the foul on Connell
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:14:11 »

whilst my stream wasnt brilliant - I thought Simon Ferry was the best player on that pitch by a mile.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:16:46 »

Jonathan Smith was outstanding I thought, but a great job all around!

Ball number 20 tomorrow and I cant wait ........ I quite fancy Liverpool home or away I dont care
stfcinbmth

« Reply #368 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:18:17 »

The Connell penalty looked a good shout, but the one on Caddis after we scored was so Stonewall you could have issued an anti-Homophobia press statement in its name.

Not sure it was, Caddis played it through Moses legs and he just stood his ground, nothing wrong with that afaik
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:19:54 »

The Caddis one was obstruction. Should have been an indirect free kick.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:23:13 »

Top of the bill on the highlights tonight then??
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:23:43 »

PDC about to be interviewed on BBC Radio Five.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:24:56 »

Not sure it was, Caddis played it through Moses legs and he just stood his ground, nothing wrong with that afaik

He's not "just stood his ground" though has he, he's turned and basically bent over like some sort of human umbrella.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:25:49 »

whilst my stream wasnt brilliant - I thought Simon Ferry was the best player on that pitch by a mile.

Ever since The Washbag (I think) pointed out he doesn't give the ball away very often, I've watched him. And he doesn't. Great wee player.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #374 on: Saturday, January 7, 2012, 18:26:03 »

WHat a fucking great game lads !!! So so happy, made them look a right bunch of mugs. We have made a massive statement with this win
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 43   Go Up
Print
Jump to: