Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scunthorpe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 47795 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #435 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 20:04:51 »

Love the player's goal celebrations
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 20:09:50 »

It would have been a travesty if Scunthorpe got anything from the game, they were extremely poor. I thought everyone played well but the standout was Kessler- Hayden. He is going to be some player. Terrific turn out by the Town fans and Clem certainly seemed to enjoy himself
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 20:11:56 »

Love the player's goal celebrations

There's a real togetherness there already 😀

So, give no fucks
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 20:20:35 »

Twas me mate, on iFollow close up it looks really poor.

Interesting...looked beautiful from where I was standing...certainly played pretty well Hmmm
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 20:44:01 »

Today was a thing of pure beauty. As I said to JJ earlier, I've seen us play (as many of us who are old enough have) at Anfield/Old Trafford etc in the PL, I've seen us win at Wembley. But today was, in it's way and under the circumstances...every bit as enjoyable.

It was a fantastic all round team performance...I would say it was probably quite a good game for the neutral as it was pretty free flowing for the whole 90 minutes, we were just better than them at the end of the day.

Interesting how we all see things differently but I particularly enjoyed the performances today of Wollacott, KKH...my MOM (looks really,really good...hopefully will be back next Saturday)...Iandolo (yes, Iandolo....very underrated player IOM)....and also thought Baudry looked great (controversial)...and he got through 90 minutes...I could go on but no one looked bad.

But the point is, this isn't about being overly analytical...it's about enjoying this moment and where we are right now. It's a thing of beauty.

Great to see you Duke...I hope Mr and Mrs Conroy loved the Town fans singing their son's name (he had a great game by the way) and I can imagine their hearts were in their mouths when he went down clutching his knee early on, I know mine was!

Happy, happy days my friends...enjoy it for all it's worth...can't wait for Cambridge Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 20:57:11 »

Today was a thing of pure beauty. As I said to JJ earlier, I've seen us play (as many of us who are old enough have) at Anfield/Old Trafford etc in the PL, I've seen us win at Wembley. But today was, in it's way and under the circumstances...every bit as enjoyable.

It was a fantastic all round team performance...I would say it was probably quite a good game for the neutral as it was pretty free flowing for the whole 90 minutes, we were just better than them at the end of the day.

Interesting how we all see things differently but I particularly enjoyed the performances today of Wollacott, KKH...my MOM (looks really,really good...hopefully will be back next Saturday)...Iandolo (yes, Iandolo....very underrated player IOM)....and also thought Baudry looked great (controversial)...and he got through 90 minutes...I could go on but no one looked bad.

But the point is, this isn't about being overly analytical...it's about enjoying this moment and where we are right now. It's a thing of beauty.

Great to see you Duke...I hope Mr and Mrs Conroy loved the Town fans singing their son's name (he had a great game by the way) and I can imagine their hearts were in their mouths when he went down clutching his knee early on, I know mine was!

Happy, happy days my friends...enjoy it for all it's worth...can't wait for Cambridge Smiley

Great to see you as well mate.
Agree with everything in your post. Today it was a little bit different wasn’t it. The time away and the ownership battle gave it something extra.
Indeed that challenge, It was a foul on Dion but luckily more on the shin than knee.
I felt for both his parents they just froze. As soon as he was up the relief was evident.

More to come I hope 👍
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, August 7, 2021, 23:36:28 »

Looks like we have a club with positive future loomi g progressive squad. Just sat in pub after finishing work and half blanked some bird trying to make conversation because I was catching up with the thread.

Turns out that if this works out then I'm pretty gay for this model of stfc. <3
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 00:03:06 »

Watching the players run to the fans to celebrate brought a smile to my face. Get me in the Town End next week.

Only watched the highlights but Simpson looks a right handful and could really trouble defenders. Nice blend of strength and speed. Kesler did well for the pen and Gladwin did what Gladwin does.

Odimayo, Reed and a couple more to add to the group. Early signs are good.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 04:21:55 »

If anyone fancies us to beat Carlisle next week you can get nigh on 2/1.

Crazy price after yesterday.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 05:37:05 »

If anyone fancies us to beat Carlisle next week you can get nigh on 2/1.

Crazy price after yesterday.

Cheers for the heads up, had £10 in my Skybet account (Which I put on Scunthorpe a few weeks ago, funnily enough, but cashed out last week Cheesy) and put it on us to beat Carlisle at 9/5.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 06:58:43 »

I had us doubled up with Mansfield for a £20 5/1 double. Have reinvested the £20 on us and Rochdale next Saturday for a similar price.

Tasteless chant from BRovers fans yesterday

‘Joey Barton, he hits who he likes’

Apparently, some of their lot got a slapping at the station after the game. Maybe karma for their cowardly attack on our family fans in the beer garden.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 07:06:24 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 10:31:36 »

Let’s see how we get on Tuesday @ Cambridge. Even if we bow out in our recently acquired fashion of first round consistency I’d be Ok with that if, there is a performance that shows the improvement of the limited squad and suggests better things to look forward to.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #447 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 10:54:12 »

Usual views of the opposition fans after the game.

Couldn’t knock the effort but dreadfully short of quality. Kenyon and Bunn don’t look fit.
I just hope that Swindon are one of the better teams.

Thought the second half in particular was an entertaining affair, both sides creating chances even if Swindon always looked the tidier side. Certainly a vast improvement on last years showings.
We did show naivety, especially after scoring. What a stupid foul to give away.
After that it was only going one way. Green was poor today and has to improve to stay in the side.
Aside from that, can’t really criticise too many individual performances, just an overall lack of quality.

Biggest concern today was the home attendance. Vast swathes of empty seats and gaps on the terrace. Can’t imagine there were more than 3k home fans there. Worrying times ahead.

There’ll be maybe ten teams with substantially better quality players than those we have.
Swindon today probably had at least 6 players who were a division ahead of our team average.
We need to take the odd point from the better teams and do a number on the ones nearer – or (hopefully) a notch below our level.

38% possession…at home, to a side some were saying might not even be able to field a team🙁
Says it all for me.
Fortress Glanny? Home record gone in the very first game🙄🙄

Just seen Swindon had 5 players 2 weeks ago…

Goodness know what will happen when decent teams come.

Swindon have some quality players and I expect they will be challenging near the top at the end of the season.

Agreed Mick, at least 4/5 would start for every league 2 team.

Teams dont have to come and work hard for the 3 points we make it so easy for them. Swindon have quality where it counts and in anthony grant and jack payne they are far better than our shambles.

So….
If Swindon had five players two weeks ago, how did they manage to sign better players than we did in six weeks?

the new guy at Swindon will have bunged a lot of money into the squad really quickly whereas we have the lowest budget in the division.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 11:13:57 »

In another thread they mention amongst other things how poor the pitch is which you previously mentioned

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, August 8, 2021, 11:14:55 »

Usual views of the opposition fans after the game.

Ah yes, the last comment, didn’t take long did it? If they only knew what an uphill struggle we have had so far, indeed we still have and that like all teams in the league have to work within the spending limits. Go on a Denis & Gus run and the ringing echos of Swindle Town will be ringing out at every away ground.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: