Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64205 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #90 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:25:31 »

I agree entirely.

The players know the rules, written or unspoken. Not only did they break them, as I said in another post, but they did it at a time when the boss was away mourning the death of his mother.

He comes back to find out players have been on a bender. Thoughtless, disrespectful, immature, unprofessional, cost us the game at the Shots on Tuesday. I could go on. Understandably Paolo hits the roof. What were they and you expecting?

Then after the dust has apparently settled, four more are identified has to having taken part in this incident but did not come forward to admit it, appologise, take any punishment and move on.  

They may have been fined by Paolo, we don't know. Wes is in superb form but he is not immune form prosecution so to speak. As for the others it does not matter if they are injured, can't play due to contractual agreements or are not currently in the squad. They have broken the rules and been outed. Let that be a lesson. There will at some time be repercussions.

I still feel that there could be a blood bath in the closed season. If that comes to pass there could be some eyebrows raised as to who goes. Attitude will play as big a part as ability in determining who goes and who stays.    

I totally agree Mr Basher. The players will either come back stronger and more professional or they can fuck off and be replaced. NO player is irrepaceable even Wes, though hes a fantastic keeper and we will miss him today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:28:31 »

Ok so maybe my reaction this is a over the top...I am a bit like Di Canio either I am really really happy or really really fucked off.

Bathtime
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:30:24 »

I think Di Canio needs a holiday - he needs to get away from football the way he has been behaving recently is fine when you are on the verge of promotion but would cause big problems in a hard season where survival was the issue. We will lose today absolutely no question about it. I work with Italians all the time and none are quite as bonkers as he is. I love the bloke and this season has been the best for years but....

Classic twatter.

Here's a novel idea, why don't we as supporters concentrate on supporting the team and let Paolo concentrate on managing it?

He's done ok so far...

It's All Good..............
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:31:38 »

Ok so maybe my reaction this is a over the top...

Perhaps a tiny bit...

Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:39:39 »

Classic twatter.

Here's a novel idea, why don't we as supporters concentrate on supporting the team and let Paolo concentrate on managing it?

He's done ok so far...

Yea, yea I have apologised I`ll get back in my box....

Bathtime
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:43:19 »

I'm more pissed off at the players than Paolo for this, we all wanted discipline last season and we have it now.

As i said in another thread why fuck about now when you will have weeks to do it after the seasons finished and you can celebrate?

Best fucking win today, i hate it here in Gillingham.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:46:45 »

Smith is useless, do you not remember our awful start to the season? Our form that coincided with Wes's arrival!

Sorry but Smith should be out the door in the summer and instead he's being rewarded today for not complaining all year?!

I want the best team out there full stop. Punish the players some other way

Blimey, that's harsh!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:49:02 »

I'm over it.

Onwards...
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:49:20 »

I agree entirely.

The players know the rules, written or unspoken. Not only did they break them, as I said in another post, but they did it at a time when the boss was away mourning the death of his mother.

He comes back to find out players have been on a bender. Thoughtless, disrespectful, immature, unprofessional, cost us the game at the Shots on Tuesday. I could go on. Understandably Paolo hits the roof. What were they and you expecting?

Then after the dust has apparently settled, four more are identified has to having taken part in this incident but did not come forward to admit it, appologise, take any punishment and move on.  

They may have been fined by Paolo, we don't know. Wes is in superb form but he is not immune form prosecution so to speak. As for the others it does not matter if they are injured, can't play due to contractual agreements or are not currently in the squad. They have broken the rules and been outed. Let that be a lesson. There will at some time be repercussions.

I still feel that there could be a blood bath in the closed season. If that comes to pass there could be some eyebrows raised as to who goes. Attitude will play as big a part as ability in determining who goes and who stays.    

We will win today.

Great stuff - agree with this entirely, except perhaps the last statement!!  Wink

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:49:32 »

I see this as going one of 2 ways. The dressing room becomes an utter shambles and we stumble to promotion.

Or, somehow this makes our players more determined than ever to put on a good show and win the league in style.

Either way, STFC will win the league, at the moment I am not sure which one unfortunately. Today's game and reaction of the players, is going to be massive.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:50:22 »

I thought that the type of posts on here over the last couple of days were a thing of the past.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:54:15 »

I see this as going one of 2 ways. The dressing room becomes an utter shambles and we stumble to promotion.

Or, somehow this makes our players more determined than ever to put on a good show and win the league in style.

Either way, STFC will win the league, at the moment I am not sure which one unfortunately. Today's game and reaction of the players, is going to be massive.

We need 5 points to mathematically guarantee the title. Our GD means we should only need 4 points. And if Shrews draw one of their last three games, then we only need to pick up 2 points. I'm not worried about whether we'll win the league - I'm much more worried about being there to see it, as I can't make Port Vale!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:57:30 »

Is Mat Ritchie still injured?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #103 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:58:08 »

Is Mat Ritchie still injured?
He returns today apparently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:58:29 »

We need 5 points to mathematically guarantee the title. Our GD means we should only need 4 points. And if Shrews draw one of their last three games, then we only need to pick up 2 points. I'm not worried about whether we'll win the league - I'm much more worried about being there to see it, as I can't make Port Vale!

I think Shrewsbury will win the remaining matches. Surely reading about what is going on here will spur them on even more?

I am going to the Port Vale game so hoping we win the league at that match from a selfish perspective!! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: