Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Gillingham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 64197 times)
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:45:09 »

PDC is 100% correct to punish these players, I'd rather lose one or two games than a long term ethos be destroyed.
Still have faith that we will win today anyways. I'm backing Smithy have a Charlton-esque performance. We'll win promotion today one way or the other, I'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:48:41 by Cibocchi_Is_God » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:45:47 »

Where has it actually stated that they were told not to go out and disobeyed orders? 

I just think that it's a shame that such a big game is again over shadowed by this.

Poor Phil Smith is under significant pressure.  If he makes one mistake, fingers will be pointed.

Phil Smith is only under pressure because panicy fans can't wait to pin any shred of blame on him.

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:48:39 »

Phil Smith is only under pressure because panicy fans can't wait to pin any shred of blame on him.

Spot on. We've won numerous League One games with Smith between the sticks, despite having Michael Rose in the defence. To suggest all hope of a victory is gone because he's playing is pathetic and insulting.
Flashheart

« Reply #78 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:48:46 »

I know he has made mistakes and rightly he gets critisised for it but me personally  i can't have a go at a man who has issued punishment for the rules that have been broken.We need to remember it is these rules and discipline that got us to the top

Indeed.

Some people need to have a look back at last season. We were screaming out for this sort of discipline then.

DRS

« Reply #79 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:49:46 »

Where has it actually stated that they were told not to go out and disobeyed orders?  

I just think that it's a shame that such a big game is again over shadowed by this.

Poor Phil Smith is under significant pressure.  If he makes one mistake, fingers will be pointed.

He has said from day one that the players should not go out and if they do it should be a quiet one. He also said that when playing saturday-tuesday it is a definate no go.

I have seen it but most people will probably remember him being very vocal about it on the radio phone in
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:50:31 »

The Town of Swindon could be angry tonight...

[url width=600 height=251]http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/dec08/mob.jpg[/url]

Smiley
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:52:59 »

Spot on. We've won numerous League One games with Smith between the sticks, despite having Michael Rose in the defence. To suggest all hope of a victory is gone because he's playing is pathetic and insulting.

Totally agree! And weren't people hoping he got a medal when we go up as champions the other day? How quickly opinions are changed! Also, perhaps Wes is ill/injured and hasn't been dropped as a punishment, no-one's thought of that.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #82 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:57:47 »

2-1 defeat

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 08:58:40 »

Can see the Gills being well and truly up for this and the clanger about the four players being left behind has done little to calm my nerves. 2-0 defeat.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:00:44 »

I think Di Canio needs a holiday - he needs to get away from football the way he has been behaving recently is fine when you are on the verge of promotion but would cause big problems in a hard season where survival was the issue. We will lose today absolutely no question about it. I work with Italians all the time and none are quite as bonkers as he is. I love the bloke and this season has been the best for years but....

Bathtime
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:02:29 »

If we lose, this place is going to be horrible

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:05:34 »

If we lose, this place is going to be horrible

I've just had a glorious thought......

What if we lose today, yet promotion is still confirmed, will this place still be in meltdown?

That'll be brilliant.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:14:44 by Flashheart » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #87 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:13:29 »

Get a grip, girls FFS.

Whatever side is put out today will win - no doubt about it.

PdC had no choice in my opinion. Sort out the slackers
Flashheart

« Reply #88 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:15:12 »

I think Di Canio needs a holiday - he needs to get away from football the way he has been behaving recently is fine when you are on the verge of promotion but would cause big problems in a hard season where survival was the issue. We will lose today absolutely no question about it. I work with Italians all the time and none are quite as bonkers as he is. I love the bloke and this season has been the best for years but....

Fucking hell
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Saturday, April 21, 2012, 09:25:01 »

I've just had a glorious thought......
What if we lose today, yet promotion is still confirmed, will this place still be in meltdown?
That'll be brilliant.

I think the TEF might self-destruct.

Get a grip. Paolo drops the keeper, 2 injured players and one guy who hasn't played for weeks and all of a sudden it's the end of the world? The only noticeable change will be between the sticks, and there are much worse keepers than Smith out there.

I'll also point out that Gills last home game was against Dagenham. And they lost.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: