Pages: 1 ... 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1277395 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #7785 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:14:29 »

Which, now, begs the question - why don’t they let the Trust see the books? There has to be something in there that’s not fit for public consumption.

If there could be a silver lining explanation it could be a sale may be in the offing.*

*straw clutching
Think they said yesterday that they were in the process of allowing a trust member to view the books in the next couple of weeks

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #7786 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:14:41 »

Depends on how much a potential owner could yield inacting some of the plans (museums, restaurants, whatever) on the land area.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7787 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:19:25 »

Think they said yesterday that they were in the process of allowing a trust member to view the books in the next couple of weeks

Which was the same update a few weeks ago.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #7788 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:37:51 »

rob's had a look at the JV and whether the trust can do owt, legally

With the utmost respect that MoA says the square root of sod all about processes for disposal, setting aside the Trust will still own 50% (assuming the Trust survives and fans don't splinter off to the Swindon Town Popular Peoples Front?) the Eady Trust appear to be quite savvy so I cannot imagine for 1 second that them giving STFC 50% of the money to buy the ground will not be legaled up to the eyeballs!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7789 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:56:52 »

Yeah, the Memorandum of Understanding is a non-binding agreement.  The details of the JV are not public, I don't think.  The Trust has some garb about the fact any sale of the asset by the club would require all six Directors of the JV to approve, but nothing detailed about how that happens.   The real asset for the club was the 299 year lease.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #7790 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 14:58:30 »

Which was the same update a few weeks ago.

About 8 weeks ago wasn't it?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7791 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 15:35:17 »

Clem's charm offensive was very impressive from the off and there's a 'not average' fan who can take a lot of credit for that. They still work busily behind-the-scenes to fly the flag for the ownership. They keep a very low profile which has made their impact so significant with PR and keeping the fans sweet.

Who's this then?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #7792 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 15:58:58 »

Mytton? I don’t think he’s ever very ‘public’ in the way some of the others are
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #7793 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 16:01:27 »

Who's this then?

Also interested in who this is, if it isn't one of the obvious candidates, which it sounds like it isn't.

Chris Hull, the regime client journalist, would be my guess.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #7794 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:00:00 »

Would be interesting to hear from our Australian STFC supporters who are reported drinking mates of Morfuni.
When was the last time you met with him ?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7795 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:03:20 »

I'm reliably informed by Mrs batch the club had a pre -christmas Christmas jumper/t-shirt sale before last Christmas.

Doesn't explain the home shirt sale though
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7796 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:40:33 »

I'm reliably informed by Mrs batch the club had a pre -christmas Christmas jumper/t-shirt sale before last Christmas.

Doesn't explain the home shirt sale though

I mean most people will jump ‘need the cash quick’

Which it might be but for me - most people who are going to buy Swindon shirts do so when they first come out. I can’t imagine many fans who are going to buy then wait till November. I’m guessing but I imagine by November you’ve probably already sold a large % of your total sales.

How do you entice people to buy something they probably normally wouldn’t. Slash the price….

Some assumptions there on my part obviously…but…you know Amazon always have some sort of sale on and reduced prices & it’s not because they are short of cash. It’s too entice people in to buy something that isn’t essential to them because ‘it’s a good deal’
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #7797 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 19:44:24 »

I’d have assumed Christmas would be the second biggest time of year for kit sales.

Things get better but they never get good
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7798 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 20:01:27 »

I mean most people will jump ‘need the cash quick’

Which it might be but for me - most people who are going to buy Swindon shirts do so when they first come out. I can’t imagine many fans who are going to buy then wait till November. I’m guessing but I imagine by November you’ve probably already sold a large % of your total sales.

How do you entice people to buy something they probably normally wouldn’t. Slash the price….

Some assumptions there on my part obviously…but…you know Amazon always have some sort of sale on and reduced prices & it’s not because they are short of cash. It’s too entice people in to buy something that isn’t essential to them because ‘it’s a good deal’

It looks like they have a lot of stock of the home kit and in my view isn't as nice as previous years, so it might be a stock issue
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7799 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2023, 20:21:29 »

Then reduce it in January like most sane business.

It could be unrelated, but I think I saw the shirts before the rest came out and it was certainly "wtf"!

I'm sure they do have too much stock and a sale will be needed. But that can't have been much more than cost price, very unusual for a club that likes to wring the last penny.
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 519 [520] 521 522 523 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: