Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266949 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9735 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 19:22:12 »

He then said ask the trust, who haven't said anything.

Speaking of the trust, I did get a response after asking about the detailing from the accounts.....

"Hi Steve

Thanks for the note. First of all, let me start by saying that I completely understand the point you are making with these questions.

To answer, the financial exercise is not over, and the conversations are ongoing, and I spent the whole day yesterday working on something which I hope will help move this along.

We can't play much at all out in the public space because the public space has become a little unreasonable and anything that is said is taken in a negative way by some (I even got verbally abused by two foul-mouthed fans in front of my teenage son and other kids at the weekend)

More generally, it's good to remember that the Trust is made up of a cross-section of fans and that new people will need to join the Trust board in February. Personally, I want to close out my time with the Trust in the right way, pass on my experiences, and then we all need to work together, the club, the fans and the local media. We are also in a Joint Venture of course and that needs protecting.

Anyway, thanks again for contacting in a normal and reasonable way and asking the questions.

Let's hope 2024 brings some smiles back to our faces.

Regards,
Steve M."

The abuse in the stands is way beyond the line, but the tone of this smacks of someone who doesn’t get it and is blind to concerns

Working together in peaceful harmony is great when everyone is acting in good faith. But club ownership have proven they don’t act in good faith - so why are the trust hesitant to call that out

Things get better but they never get good
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #9736 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 19:32:35 »

Magical wish of the day: Stefan Persson lives in Ramsbury. Has $28bn. Loves football. Always hoped he'd get involved. I'd be happy with that.

persson also runs mentor foundation that helps against drugs abuse with yuong kids
ironically that might come in handy after getting rid of the likes of zav and hart
sniff sniff

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9737 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 19:34:28 »

The abuse in the stands is way beyond the line, but the tone of this smacks of someone who doesn’t get it and is blind to concerns

Working together in peaceful harmony is great when everyone is acting in good faith. But club ownership have proven they don’t act in good faith - so why are the trust hesitant to call that out
Because those in the Trust are probably kind hearted football fans who want to try to help the club, rather than being crooks.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #9738 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 19:38:40 »

Trying to help the club =/= trying to help the owners

Things get better but they never get good
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #9739 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 19:52:50 »

Magical wish of the day: Stefan Persson lives in Ramsbury. Has $28bn. Loves football. Always hoped he'd get involved. I'd be happy with that.

Fitton et al tried getting Persson on board a number of years back. I don't believe he's particularly interested in football, although does have a mild interest in IFK Gothenburg.

He did own The Bell in Ramsbury, not sure if that's still the case.

He also once outbid another billionaire to purchase a village in Hants;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2009/may/25/fashion-billionaire-buys-hampshire-village&ved=2ahUKEwjJyaW04ZmDAxUg_7sIHXqdAY0QFnoECCUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1V8e9_CmdZ0QzxBcZBod83

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9740 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 20:06:21 »

Fitton et al tried getting Persson on board a number of years back. I don't believe he's particularly interested in football, although does have a mild interest in IFK Gothenburg.

He did own The Bell in Ramsbury, not sure if that's still the case.

He also once outbid another billionaire to purchase a village in Hants;

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2009/may/25/fashion-billionaire-buys-hampshire-village&ved=2ahUKEwjJyaW04ZmDAxUg_7sIHXqdAY0QFnoECCUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1V8e9_CmdZ0QzxBcZBod83

According to Wiki -

"He is a supporter of Djurgårdens IF and is co-funding a foundation for the club."

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9741 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 20:09:23 »

Trying to help the club =/= trying to help the owners

Worth reminding people of this regularly.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #9742 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 20:40:21 »

According to Wiki -

"He is a supporter of Djurgårdens IF and is co-funding a foundation for the club."
Ah, I was going off memory tbh so that may well be correct!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9743 on: Monday, December 18, 2023, 22:29:38 »

Flynns becoming to come across as a bit of a tit in his interviews isnt he?

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23997783.swindon-town-must-eat-sleep-live-right-christmas/

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/23996871.michael-flynn-not-worried-swindon-town-lack-chances/

Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #9744 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 00:58:32 »

thinking if clem purposley did things to put town into an embargo vwollah solves the problem of him having to find money to sign players and would only have to fulfil the bare min
imagine that
and i think we can still sell under embargo to
https://www.efl.com/governance/embargoes/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 01:11:02 by Legends Lounge Lovechild » Logged

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9745 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 06:50:02 »

interesting idea, think that's a step too far on the CT front for me.

That said, we did appoint Morris just in time for deadline day last year. hmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9746 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 08:34:36 »

As an aside, there is at least some investment on the pitch (literally). We had the "grow light" out last night in the Town End penalty area. Must have needed grass repair/strengthening.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9747 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 09:28:19 »

You’d have thought with the absence of our defenders one half and the lack of our strikers second half the grass must be virtually untouched.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9748 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 11:07:01 »

As an aside, there is at least some investment on the pitch (literally). We had the "grow light" out last night in the Town End penalty area. Must have needed grass repair/strengthening.

We’ve had them for a couple of seasons now to give the grass in shaded areas some light in the winter months. Only surprise is we’re still paying the electric cost to use them but then again the cost of a postponed game would soon outweigh the electricity bill.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9749 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 21:16:42 »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/19/lawyer-apologises-for-saying-michelle-mone-was-not-linked-to-ppe-firm

A surprisingly familiar name appears in this article on the various lawyers who have been acting for Michelle Mone in denying she had anything to do with dodgy PPE procurement.

His Trust Hero award sadly does not get a mention. Nor his wife's shareholding.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 649 [650] 651 652 653 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: