Pages: 1 ... 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266874 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8970 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:36:45 »

While we’re at it, do those freeloading disabled fans pay full whack? Should be an additional fee for those wheelchairs, too.

it used to be full price, but their carer/helper got a ST for £1
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8971 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:37:45 »

I assumed he knew fuck all about football after that interview. You don’t need to be a genius to know that pissing off your core supporters isn’t going to end well.

To be fair, that's not football specific. A CEO needs certain qualities, and maybe he's supremely competent behind the scenes, but speaking in public is one thing you have to get right if you do it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8972 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:39:03 »

I presumed he knew how STs ‘worked’.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8973 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:41:12 »

I presumed he knew how STs ‘worked’.

Oh yeah, there was a lot I presumed he knew but didn't seem to.

What I mean is a CEO is able to hide "don't know/don't want to tell" in a professional manner. Its part of the job. But pee'ing off customers is good too.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8974 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 11:45:48 »

To be fair, that's not football specific. A CEO needs certain qualities, and maybe he's supremely competent behind the scenes, but speaking in public is one thing you have to get right if you do it.

Maybe...

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8975 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:05:21 »

Would you put it past them though at this stage

Yes, I would actually put that line of thought past them. Even Hall can’t be that stupid.

Are we pointing the finger at Flashheart here?

Well yes, in the sense that he was the first Town fan aboard who came to mind.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8976 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:20:48 »

Off topic but the recent going after fans got me thinking about those who were ringing the alarm bells early on (not just on here) and took a fair bit of stick.

Similar to the previous regime where alarm bells were rung early, mostly ignored and shut down and then it slowly unravelled to have truth.

I’m not meaning those who blow negative all the time and nitpick for anything, I’m talking about those who raised reasonable and valid concerns.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8977 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:30:28 »

I'm sure he said it was about 300 tickets a game, which would be £3,900 a game or c£90k a season.  Which I'm not sure if the Nationwide deal covers? However, I doubt all those 300 people would still go and then you have food/drinks, merchandise sales on top.

If we were selling out every week then I could understand but as I said, would they all be happy to pay £27 a game?

I got a few nationwide tickets through a mate this year and bought two beers every game. That'll bridge some gap for example.

It's so shortsighted, even without if being laughably a drop in the ocean compared to how the figures already don't add up.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8978 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:31:33 »

Spencer was the Trust rep at the meeting, so probably not

He needs to go. Way too close to the club. Should have gone after the "we know who you are" jabs at stfc questions on twitter.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8979 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:35:41 »

Ha. Good one.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8980 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:38:32 »

Off topic but the recent going after fans got me thinking about those who were ringing the alarm bells early on (not just on here) and took a fair bit of stick.

Similar to the previous regime where alarm bells were rung early, mostly ignored and shut down and then it slowly unravelled to have truth.

I’m not meaning those who blow negative all the time and nitpick for anything, I’m talking about those who raised reasonable and valid concerns.

I feel like it's only just starting to turn with some posters. It's been a long hard slog to get people to wake up to this regime.

The only ones left now are the Facebook clem loyalists that'll never be turned. One of them was even arguing that Anthony Hall didn't say about free games yesterday.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8981 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:45:00 »

The thing is Morfuni was quite clever with who he chose to manipulate and do his bidding. Getting members of the Trust board to be his lapdogs and vocal people on a Twitter to effectively do his PR was very calculated and bought him time. A lot of the regimes early misdemeanours were batted off as honest mistakes or misunderstandings due to this ‘saviour’ image that had been built up for him. Anyone critical of him couldn’t possibly be right as he had a whiter than white image.

It’s notable in recent times that some of his more previously ardent supporters have gone silent or even gone against him and his mob which has meant the alarm bells are able to be clearly heard by everyone. There’s almost no one left to defend the regime or give out the stick to those that are critical.

Morfuni has clearly got what he wants (50% of the ground) and as a result the true version of him has become apparent. In previous years some half arsed apology for what Hall said would have been released, it says everything that on this occasion there has been nothing but silence. It’s clear Morfuni and his mob just don’t care anymore.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8982 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:47:17 »

The thing is Morfuni was quite clever with who he chose to manipulate and do his bidding. Getting members of the Trust board to be his lapdogs and vocal people on a Twitter to effectively do his PR was very calculated and bought him time. A lot of the regimes early misdemeanours were batted off as honest mistakes or misunderstandings due to this ‘saviour’ image that had been built up for him. Anyone critical of him couldn’t possibly be right as he had a whiter than white image.

It’s notable in recent times that some of his more previously ardent supporters have gone silent or even gone against him and his mob which has meant the alarm bells are able to be clearly heard by everyone. There’s almost no one left to defend the regime or give out the stick to those that are critical.

Morfuni has clearly got what he wants (50% of the ground) and as a result the true version of him has become apparent. In previous years some half arsed apology for what Hall said would have been released, it says everything that on this occasion there has been nothing but silence. It’s clear Morfuni and his mob just don’t care anymore.

Brilliant summary.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8983 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:47:38 »

The only ones left now are the Facebook clem loyalists that'll never be turned. One of them was even arguing that Anthony Hall didn't say about free games yesterday.
Selective hearing and limited intelligence are a bad mix.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8984 on: Thursday, December 7, 2023, 12:52:43 »

It’s clear Morfuni and his mob just don’t care anymore.

But why? If you've got £6M+ tied up and want a ROI you don't run it into the ground.

To my mind there are three options. I'm sure there are loads more:
 1. Trussing the pig to sell.
 2. No money and desperately trying to wheel and deal in the background
 3. Its a nice little earner for someone even if we shed a few fans.

I have no idea which it is.
Pages: 1 ... 596 597 598 [599] 600 601 602 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: