Pages: 1 ... 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266909 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #6195 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:06:13 »

I actually quite like the twee/fun nature of the lotto draw. Personally I think some of the criticism to the club of this, is all a bit silly. It's almost like people on Twitter feel they have to contribute on EVERYTHING done by the club.

Provided the club has the relevant licenses in order to run this lotto, then why not? Apparently there are 300 subscribers to this and any income - however small - is handy in this day and age.
I think if they're going to film it, they need the balls (giggle) to be visible, because it's not giving the oversight I assume they think they're giving

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #6196 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:12:24 »

I actually quite like the twee/fun nature of the lotto draw. Personally I think some of the criticism to the club of this, is all a bit silly. It's almost like people on Twitter feel they have to contribute on EVERYTHING done by the club.

Provided the club has the relevant licenses in order to run this lotto, then why not? Apparently there are 300 subscribers to this and any income - however small - is handy in this day and age.
I’m minded to agree - it’s fairly harmless and whilst not something I’ve signed up for myself, each to their own and its income for the club.

I think they are on a hiding to nothing at the moment in terms of any output being jumped on. Blimey, I even read someone moaning about too many shutters being down when they visited the club shop recently  Cheesy
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6197 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:14:17 »

I agree. It does look tinpot and very amateur BUT why does it matter? If people want to see it as a way to put some money in the club and have a chance of winning something, then do it. It's not for me, but if people want to do it then fair play. Too much bickering over nothing for this one. Do buy a better machine though!  Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6198 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:22:09 »

Agreed.

Aside from the photo of Rob Angus looking like he was being forced to play Russian roulette rather than run the Lilliput Lottery, this is a distraction.

ha - yeah that hostage type picture was humerous. Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6199 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:23:31 »

I’m minded to agree - it’s fairly harmless and whilst not something I’ve signed up for myself, each to their own and its income for the club.

I think they are on a hiding to nothing at the moment in terms of any output being jumped on. Blimey, I even read someone moaning about too many shutters being down when they visited the club shop recently  Cheesy

Audrey loves a moan tbf!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6200 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:38:43 »

Just going back to the change of CEO from Rob to Anthony Hall, my question/brain fart is: Does a CEO of a football club/is it beneficial to have someone with a (deep) experience in the football/sporting industry? We've now gone from Rob Angus who had a huge level of experience in the Financial Industry, and a big football fan, to Anthony, who's come from a completely different industry and no experience in football as far as I'm aware.

The CEO has to make huge decisions, and set the company/club's strategic direction. I guess what I'm driving at is: is someone likely to be able to do this better having a background in the game? Clearly Clem thinks he's the best man for the job and that's fair enough. I just wonder if we would be better served getting someone in who has a deep knowledge of the industry.

I've no idea about CEOs at other football clubs, but figured it might take the discussion away from the lotto for a bit! Smiley

Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #6201 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:44:04 »

It does feel like we moving towards needing a fan initiative to get the Trust back to doing what most fans and I'm assuming members think they should be, pending the outcome of the showdown today!

As discussed on here, moving the stadium side of things to a separate entity feels like a constructive suggestion, and that would bring clarity of purpose back to the Supporters' Trust.

As a case in point, whilst you can find a link if you search "join Trust STFC" on Google, can anyone work how to join the Trust by navigating their website? (Large caveat: I may be being absolutely blind!)

https://truststfc.com/

I can buy a voting share for the stadium but there doesn't seem to be an obvious "join the Trust" section, which I think rather illustrates how muddled they have become.

Similarly, whilst people make the valid point that anyone can put themselves up for election, are the Honorary Officers in jobs for life?
The Trust own 50% of the ground, it can't simply be moved to another entity.  That was the whole point or the council would never have sold and the Eadys never have handed over 2 and a half million quid.   There would also likely be more stamp duty to pay.

Also I thought everyone on the trust board were unpaid volunteers and there are annual elections for the directors each year.  There are no directors remuneration disclosed in their accounts, so hardly "jobs" for life.

You could always get involved and try to change things from the inside or set up another organisation if you feel that passionately about it.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6202 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:55:29 »

Just going back to the change of CEO from Rob to Anthony Hall, my question/brain fart is: Does a CEO of a football club/is it beneficial to have someone with a (deep) experience in the football/sporting industry? We've now gone from Rob Angus who had a huge level of experience in the Financial Industry, and a big football fan, to Anthony, who's come from a completely different industry and no experience in football as far as I'm aware.

The CEO has to make huge decisions, and set the company/club's strategic direction. I guess what I'm driving at is: is someone likely to be able to do this better having a background in the game? Clearly Clem thinks he's the best man for the job and that's fair enough. I just wonder if we would be better served getting someone in who has a deep knowledge of the industry.

I've no idea about CEOs at other football clubs, but figured it might take the discussion away from the lotto for a bit! Smiley

In a similar vein, who is now the clubs face? It started with Clem he backed away and Rob became the main focal point. Are we going to hear from Anthony Hall or will he be a Steve Anderson type CEO who lurks in the background.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6203 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 08:56:30 »

Happy to be corrected, but I doubt that is how CEO at Swindon works nowadays. CEO seems to conduct community engagement activities, and be the day to day troubleshooter, whilst Zav Austin, whoever is in the background (presumably Kiely, Hart (?) and Standing) and maybe Morfuni muddle together to form a strategic direction, which I fear may be: "How do we get our money back?"

I saw the Twitter discussion yesterday between STFCquestions and James Spencer. There are two camps it seems - one that is happy to gloss over uncertainties behind the scenes and enjoy the football (which is great), and another which can't move on whilst we have the levels of professional dishonesty we have behind the scenes - Austin and co are poisonous to the relationship with the fans simply because of their history. I see both sides, but I'm desperate to see the decks cleared and have some integrity in the boardroom.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 15, 2023, 09:00:23 by Frigby Daser » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6204 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 09:38:27 »

In a similar vein, who is now the clubs face? It started with Clem he backed away and Rob became the main focal point. Are we going to hear from Anthony Hall or will he be a Steve Anderson type CEO who lurks in the background.

Does it need a 'face', I would rather those running the club got on with running it rather than feeling the need to get their face and quotes in the media every 5 minutes. There was quite a lot of stick about Clem doing this when he took over.

Do fans of other clubs tend to hear from people outside the football side of the club regularly, apart from those who use the club as a personal attention grabber like the guy at Peterborough or Staveley at Newcastle where its more to try and push a narrative that they are most definitely not owned by the Saudi government?

whoever is in the background (presumably Kiely, Hart (?) and Standing) and maybe Morfuni muddle together to form a strategic direction, which I fear may be: "How do we get our money back?"

Is there fear about that being their objective, I don't for one second think that any of our owners since, I dunno Seton Wills maybe, have been in it for anything more than getting their money back at worst and making a profit at best for them.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #6205 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 09:43:11 »

Thanks. Not a very clear system, and as I say, there is no 'Join the Trust' tab on any of the menus.

Does one need to buy a voting share every year?

Appreciate that the Ground purchase was complicated but we've ended up with a labyrinthine system that I would imagine could negatively impact on Trust membership numbers in the medium/long term.

The £19.69 is a yearly charge, agreed it's not as simple as it used to be, not sure what the latest membership number is.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6206 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 09:52:58 »

The Trust own 50% of the ground, it can't simply be moved to another entity.  That was the whole point or the council would never have sold and the Eadys never have handed over 2 and a half million quid.   There would also likely be more stamp duty to pay.

Also I thought everyone on the trust board were unpaid volunteers and there are annual elections for the directors each year.  There are no directors remuneration disclosed in their accounts, so hardly "jobs" for life.

You could always get involved and try to change things from the inside or set up another organisation if you feel that passionately about it.

You've literally quoted a message where I am asking about how to join the Trust...

I'm also under no illusion that these are volunteers are not taking a fat cat salary. I am just asking whether there is a real ability to generate change if the leadership who have set a strategic direction for the Trust that an increasing number of fans seemingly disagree with are permanent fixtures.

On the separate entity front, fair points but then maybe this can be handled with some internal division/two separate streams. Plenty of people have articulated how this might be beneficial. If nothing else it might clear up the membership tier situation mentioned above.

I'm still taken aback by how defensive people are about all matters Trust STFC. We have the Vice Chair tilting at windmills online in Orwellian language. Is that good or appropriate? Does that look like an organisation you want to join?! Who even is "we" in "we know who you are"? The Trust or the club? I'm not sure which is worse.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6207 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 11:45:55 »

I'm still taken aback by how defensive people are about all matters Trust STFC. We have the Vice Chair tilting at windmills online in Orwellian language. Is that good or appropriate? Does that look like an organisation you want to join?! Who even is "we" in "we know who you are"? The Trust or the club? I'm not sure which is worse.

Agree. It isn't good at all. What is he going to do, send Zav Austin around to sort 'STFC Questions' out?

Looks pathetic.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6208 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 12:06:21 »

Here you go. Who’s all mouth no trousers?

‘ Next Wednesday at 8-30 pm!!

@Official_STFC owner Clem Morfuni will be On the Sofa to answer YOUR questions.

The @STFCSupClub, in association with @T_STBL, will give YOU the chance to address the issues that YOU want addressed about STFC.

Wednesday 20/9/23 at 8-30 pm!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6209 on: Friday, September 15, 2023, 12:17:14 »

Here you go. Who’s all mouth no trousers?

‘ Next Wednesday at 8-30 pm!!

@Official_STFC owner Clem Morfuni will be On the Sofa to answer YOUR questions.

The @STFCSupClub, in association with @T_STBL, will give YOU the chance to address the issues that YOU want addressed about STFC.

Wednesday 20/9/23 at 8-30 pm!

Bah. Why is the sofa so small. Tinpot.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 417 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: