Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 ... 867   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1276524 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6480 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:30:23 »

A statement from the @STFCfoundation and @STFCSupClub

On last night’s event, a question was raised regarding monies owing by @Official_STFC to the Foundation. The Foundation have contacted us to confirm that this is incorrect and all payments made are up to date.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #6481 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:35:00 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

He’s an Aussie plumber going through a bad patch. Give the guy a fucking break.

Anyone seriously trying to screw us would have had scripted. multipurpose bland answers, not the response we had yesterday.

Has it done a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes
Can it be sorted? We hope so
Have we any choice other than go with him? Absolutely none !

Succinct summary. Agree 100%. 
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6482 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:42:41 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

Anyone seriously trying to screw us would have had scripted. multipurpose bland answers, not the response we had yesterday.

Has it gone a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes

Succinct summary. Agree 100%. 
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6483 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:43:30 »

Ok, he was out of his depth. Who wouldn’t be?  He’s not a media guy, he’s not trained in communicating with a flash MBA from Harvard.

Has it done a bit Pete Tong?  Yes
Has he admitted so? Yes

Yep....

On last night’s event, a question was raised regarding monies owing by @Official_STFC to the Foundation. The Foundation have contacted us to confirm that this is incorrect and all payments made are up to date.

Negative supposition and conjecture circulating as fact..... well knock me down with a feather!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6484 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 08:47:48 »

Just watched the interview on Youtube. I don't have much to add that's already been said over the last 4 pages or so.

I imagine 4D and Fuzzy were VERY excited to see the telescope that was just visual on Clem's screen Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6485 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:03:22 »

At the risk of quoting a much unloved former manager, Clem is the owner and CEO of a multinational, multi-million dollar services business, he's not a child/just an Aussie Plumber, any more than Alan Sugar is a market trader. I understand that his communication isn't particularly polished and I don't really mind that, but I think it is reasonable to expect him to understand the business that he owns and runs (STFC that is, not Axis).
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6486 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:06:42 »

And there is just one reason we shouldn’t believe every rumour that’s posted.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6487 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:10:38 »

The implication being the Eady Trust would have given the FC the money even without a joint venture.
-----------
I've no idea if he's straight up or not. Despite his protestations I'll never be comfortable with Hart/Austin around the club. Whether that's my problem or a genuine concern we'll see.

Still at least he did it.

Isn't the old saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer - maybe its just he does not want to fall out with these guys as he gets on with them

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6488 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:17:39 »

At the risk of quoting a much unloved former manager, Clem is the owner and CEO of a multinational, multi-million dollar services business, he's not a child/just an Aussie Plumber, any more than Alan Sugar is a market trader. I understand that his communication isn't particularly polished and I don't really mind that, but I think it is reasonable to expect him to understand the business that he owns and runs (STFC that is, not Axis).
How many owners of a lower league football club had any experience of running one when they bought it?

Just hope that these shenanigans hit home to Clem that he - or his minions - need to get a grip on what needs to change to get the club running a bit more smoothly.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6489 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:19:07 »

I’m sure that, he wonders what the hell he’s done. I’ve had the opportunity to talk to Clem many times, he comes across as a genuine guy.

What I believe has shocked him, is the constant questioning by ill informed, individuals. This has to having an effect on his health and personal life. At the end of the day, he has achieved success in his homeland. He doesn’t need constant shit from 10k miles away.

Perhaps, there is no story. Have you thought of that.

Last season, I was asked by someone why I didn’t invest in the club, all of the necessary funds to buy and run a club are readily available at short notice. A budget for MF was available without question.

The reason I haven’t done this is simple.  I was and I am still not prepared to accept the constant pressure, questioning and character assassination from supporters.

It’s not fair on the family and friends.

So whilst this is a good

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6490 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:21:35 »

What the actual fuck?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6491 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:25:20 »

I’m sure that, he wonders what the hell he’s done. I’ve had the opportunity to talk to Clem many times, he comes across as a genuine guy.

What I believe has shocked him, is the constant questioning by ill informed, individuals. This has to having an effect on his health and personal life. At the end of the day, he has achieved success in his homeland. He doesn’t need constant shit from 10k miles away.

Last season, I was asked by someone why I didn’t invest in the club, all of the necessary funds to buy and run a club are readily available at short notice. A budget for MF was available without question.

The reason I haven’t done this is simple.  I was and I am still not prepared to accept the constant pressure, questioning and character assassination from supporters.

So whilst this is a good
TBC....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6492 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:25:40 »

Bathford is going to be our new owner
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #6493 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:26:04 »

All hail glorious leader Bathford
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #6494 on: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:28:11 »

What I believe has shocked him, is the constant questioning by ill informed, individuals. This has to be having an effect on his health and personal life. At the end of the day, he has achieved success in his homeland. He doesn’t need constant shit from 10k miles away.

I have staff available to take on all senior roles within a football club.

The reason I haven’t done this is simple.  I was and I am still not prepared to accept the constant pressure, questioning and character assassination from supporters.

So whilst this constant struggle with supporters who think they have the right to question every decision continues across all levels of football, I salute those prepared to accept the challenge, but I will continue for now to support the club from the stands and give Clem my support.

I look forward to meeting him again on his return.

« Last Edit: Thursday, September 21, 2023, 09:31:48 by bathford » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 ... 867   Go Up
Print
Jump to: