Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1228864 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5715 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 07:33:33 »

How does a 10pm pub curfew make sense? It just seems like an awkward halfway measure because Johnson couldn't bring himself to shut the pubs again.
Flashheart

« Reply #5716 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 07:48:08 »

If anything, it might make things worse by having more people leave at the same time.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #5717 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 08:03:37 »

I have been saying it for quite a while now and this just adds more weight to my argument: Daytime drinking is the BEST.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5718 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 09:47:41 »

A table booking system with a time limit should be imposed, but the pubs won't want to do that.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5719 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:00:54 »

A table booking system with a time limit should be imposed, but the pubs won't want to do that.

We went out for lunch to one of our local pubs last week and this is exactly what they did, book a table and have it for an hour.

Whilst I can sort of understand the logic (not that i agree with it) with the 10pm closure, isn't this just going to take us back to the old days when pubs had closing times and everyone getting tanked up in the last 30 mins after last orders!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #5720 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:09:54 »

Chains like Greene King are doing this, well my local is so i assume they all are.

It’s your independent type ones that seems to be the problem from my experiences post lockdown
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #5721 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:14:28 »

Chains like Greene King are doing this, well my local is so i assume they all are.

It’s your independent type ones that seems to be the problem from my experiences post lockdown

Yep.
I went out in Bath a few weeks ago and had to book a slot in every place I went.
It’s the ‘local’ that seems to be a free for all.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5722 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:19:59 »

Not sure whether this is satire, I imagine its exactly what he is thinking....

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/politics/politics-headlines/youre-ruining-this-for-me-20200923200757
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5723 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:27:51 »

old road tav in chip had a reasonable system

queue at bar socially distanced
give table number
order drinks
pay
fo back to your table observing I've way system and wait for drinks

I guess they'll need to come and take orders now, depending on the definition of 'table service'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5724 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:29:59 »

Whilst I can sort of understand the logic (not that i agree with it) with the 10pm closure
Sorry but I don't at all, what is the logic? This just looks like March all over again, dither, delay, followed by a second wave and a wholly preventable lockdown
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5725 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:35:02 »

It’s fairly obvious, shut earlier to try and prevent late night drunk inhibitions which lead people to ignore the restrictions. It’s nothing more complicated than that

Things get better but they never get good
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5726 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:36:35 »

And it’s not the 10pm closure in isolation, but as a whole with the other restrictions on hospitality that have been put in place

Things get better but they never get good
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« Reply #5727 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:38:03 »

I'm most definitely not a Covid denier or conspiracy theorist, but I do like to keep an open mind and not just blindly follow everything the BBC or other outlets tell us.

This is taken from another forum and gives another perspective;

Just to bore you all again. I cover the triage pools from Hounslow in the west into the city of London in the east. From Wandsworth in the south to Enfield in the north. It's a big part of London.

What I have witnessed since February, I would contend, demonstrates what this virus does at it's worst, and at it's worst, it is not worth the damage that we have caused collaterally here.

Elysium has been backing my experience with his graphs and figures, and I can very confidently back up his opinions with my real life assessment. What my colleagues and I have seen demonstrates his facts and figures in real time. London was hit very hard early on, super saturated with exposure, and it's now (barring it finding the few truly susceptible who have not been exposed) done.

Extrapolate these experience's nationwide and you get a more considered response to this pandemic.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5728 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:41:40 »

It’s fairly obvious, shut earlier to try and prevent late night drunk inhibitions which lead people to ignore the restrictions. It’s nothing more complicated than that
Don't see why 10pm is any safer or more dangerous than 5pm. The danger comes from people from different households mixing indoors, sat together for prolonged periods of exposure. That danger's as prevalent between 7-7.30 as it is between 9-9.30.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5729 on: Wednesday, September 23, 2020, 10:46:40 »

Sorry but I don't at all, what is the logic? This just looks like March all over again, dither, delay, followed by a second wave and a wholly preventable lockdown

Indeed, albeit all I can see changing is it moves 11/12.00 TO 10.00, opening the added bonus of back to your mates for a few post pub snifters!
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 381 [382] 383 384 385 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: