Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise vs AFC Wimbledon  (Read 18034 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 07:21:08 »

My point was that some people are romanticising the history of Wimbledon

I've not seen a single person do that on this forum or on any other. Not a single one. Not a soul. I think you just made that up. I personally don't remember Wimbledon fondly at all. I remember them as a bunch of long ball merchants that would gladly kick the shit out of the opposition. They had Vinnie Jones as a talisman player for them which speak volumes about the 'crazy gang'.

You are so wide of the point Johnny.

The issue is not the demise of Wimbledon FC as such. The real issue is the existence of Franchise. They should not be there.

dporter

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 07:26:32 »

I've not seen a single person do that on this forum or on any other. Not a single one. Not a soul. I think you just made that up. I personally don't remember Wimbledon fondly at all. I remember them as a bunch of long ball merchants that would gladly kick the shit out of the opposition. They had Vinnie Jones as a talisman player for them which speak volumes about the 'crazy gang'.

The issue is not the demise of Wimbledon FC as such. The real issue is the existence of Franchise. They should not be there.

How many people haven't you seen?  Grin
Flashheart

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 07:45:53 »

How many people haven't you seen?  Grin

Not a sausage  Wink
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 09:07:20 »

Spot on Flash. Not sure exactly who is jumping on the bandwaggon Johnny? Plenty of people gave a shit at the time. My view (and that of others on here by the looks of things) hasn't changed over time. I'm sorry if that annoys you but frankly i couldn't give a fuck!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 10:59:52 »

Can I say I agree with every word of Flashheart's post?

Blimey, apparently I can.  Eek

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 14:20:33 »

I'm sorry if that annoys you but frankly i couldn't give a fuck!

Why would that annoy me?

The 'outrage disease', as I call it, which affects large swathes of the UK population winds me up though. People are always finding things to be outraged about, with just enough outrage to moan about it non-stop but never quite enough outrage to actually do something about it.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 14:28:30 »

The whole thing is fucking boring and everyone needs to move on.

I took that comment to mean you were at least a little annoyed. Sorry if my last sentence sounded a bit DMR, think i got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

I stand by my point though. I'm not outraged either, i'm just not happy about it and never will be!
Flashheart

« Reply #112 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 14:50:24 »

Why would that annoy me?

The 'outrage disease', as I call it, which affects large swathes of the UK population winds me up though. People are always finding things to be outraged about, with just enough outrage to moan about it non-stop but never quite enough outrage to actually do something about it.

Do you not find it ironic that you are objecting to the objections on a thread titled: "Franchise vs AFC Wimbledon"?

bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 17:53:15 »

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/small-football-business-beaten-by-slightly-larger-one-2012120351606
Coca Fola

« Reply #114 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 18:06:11 »

Brilliant.   Cheesy
Flashheart

« Reply #115 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 18:07:56 »

While technically correct.....

That was not written by a football (or any sports fan), was it?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 20:12:03 »

Plenty of good memories going to Plough Lane against Wimbledon.

From Jimmy Allen getting his foot caught in the net. Then trying to run out to get the ball after it cannoned off the bar. He then fell flat on his face and their forward slotted past poor Jimmy whilst he couldn't move.

Then the Swindon "skins" surging forward after a players ruck in the goal mouth and the wall caved in on the pitch.

Plough Lane was a ploughed field and you always had a battle on your hands to come away with anything.

I got behind AFC Wimbledon Sunday watching on TV and wanted them to at least get a draw to take the scum back to London.
Franchise had no right to take the "Dons" name. They will always be a franchise in my opinion with no history or respect.
Souless ground and fans.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #117 on: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 20:30:36 »

I hate the Scummers because of who they are, I hate Franchise because of what they are. How the fuck can you remotely hold your head up high when you're a Franchise customer. Its a truly shameful episode that deserves not to be forgotten. The AFC fans were outraged enough to do something about it and a good number of supporters of other clubs are outraged enough by it to keep it current and let the authorites know they can't do it again.
Winkleman is a tuly hateful fucker who can con the customer but not the fan. I've said before that I wouldn't piss on the cunt if he was on fire and that goes for all customers of the Franchise.
A horrible scab on the arse of football led by a cunt who's got a face for a fist. 
I'd like to think that in 50 years they are still hated by football fans young and old.
farmer61

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, December 5, 2012, 13:10:51 »

I hate the Scummers because of who they are, I hate Franchise because of what they are..........................................................................I'd like to think that in 50 years they are still hated by football fans young and old.

All of the above but especially this
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: