Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Hokey Cokey  (Read 31547 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 22:54:05 »

I accepted my humble pie for today in the matchday thread but one game doesn't make a season and it'd be nice to actually kick on for once and not revert to Saturdays tripe again.
If you've honestly enjoyed anything thus far about this season then fair play but I've largely hated every minute...... I'll stand by for more abuse though as it's your usual M.O.

When we're doing well you're usually conspicuous by your absence. You are a negative twat who gets off on despair and despondancy. In other words, you are a cunt.

It's All Good..............
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 22:58:54 »

How about playing 4-5-1, persisting with Ritchie when many fans had given up on him, bringing in Seano who was solid and scored, using O'Brien to get behind them, and strengthening the centre of the park to give Prutton a bit more freedom and protect the backline.

Apart from that, the result had very little to do with Wilson.
Don't go using logic, the Mongs don't understand that.

Just accept when we lose it's Wilson's fault and all the players are shit, but when we win its because the opposition are really just rubbish.  

There's no room in that opinion for facts or logic
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, January 3, 2011, 23:01:50 »

When we're doing well you're usually conspicuous by your absence. You are a negative twat who gets off on despair and despondancy. In other words, you are a cunt.

Like it Steve!
Lumps

« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 20:12:56 »

That's clearly not fucking true is it, as the bloke posted on both the match-day thread and on here.

And as for the rest of it. Ask yourself, at the beginning of the season would you have thought 17th, after 7 wins 7 draws 8 losses would have been acceptable at this point? Me neither.

This win won't change that unless it's the start of a sustained run of good form. And there have been a few false dawns already since August.

A few people, me included, aren't about to get all happy clappy because we pull off the odd decent win. When those wins start being a little fucking closer together that'll be different.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2011, 20:26:44 »

I agree with Herthab but without the nasty Smiley glos_robin has always been of a negative poster that goes on far beyond this season, that's his thang.
Lumps

« Reply #230 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 22:51:51 »

Odd that all the mouthy fuckers slagging off those who'd run out of patience with Wilson for only being online after a defeat, and having nothing to say when we'd won, are themselves nowhere to be seen this evening.

Hey Mr Hertha Pot, let me introduce you to Mr Kettle............
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Saturday, January 8, 2011, 23:23:56 »

To be fair, it's going to take them a while to climb out of the hole they dug for themselves.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 01:01:20 »

Odd that all the mouthy fuckers slagging off those who'd run out of patience with Wilson for only being online after a defeat, and having nothing to say when we'd won, are themselves nowhere to be seen this evening.

Hey Mr Hertha Pot, let me introduce you to Mr Kettle............

It may be something to do with having a life....we lost at Oldham, hardly a surprise was it.

If Nick Clegg loses at Oldham, does it make him a bad Deputy Prime Minister?
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 01:09:24 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 12:46:01 »

If they had any view to getting rid of him they should have done it before January to give a new manager chance to bring in new players

For the record, I wouldn't sack him

I come from a land down-under
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #234 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 12:47:24 »

I may be wrong but isn't he out of contract at the end of the season?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 12:54:25 »

yes he is

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 13:11:19 »

It may be something to do with having a life....

I don't think any of us Swindon supporters have lives do we :-)

I come from a land down-under
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 13:48:04 »

I may be wrong but isn't he out of contract at the end of the season?

Isn't he on a 1yr rolling contract?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 14:10:50 »

Isn't he on a 1yr rolling contract?

Even if he is (and no one has provided an evidence to suggest that is the case) I don't see how it makes any difference as it would cost the same no matter when he leaves (whether forced or voluntary).
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 16:05:03 »

Who would you replace him with?

It is interesting that, statistically over the last 5 years, less than 50% of English league clubs who sack their manager between December and January (i.e. When there is time enough to make a difference) finish the season in a better position than they were in when they sacked him.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: