Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Wilson Hokey Cokey  (Read 31032 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:35:25 »

Dont understand this - you are saying we have no chance of the POs, yet we could still be relegated. Yet we are 5 points from the relegation zone & 5 points from the POs.

Yes there are more teams between us & 6th than there are between us and 20th, but 2 or 3 wins from the next 4 games will be just as great as 2 or 3 defeats will be disastourous

you seem to have completely ignored the fact we're pretty crap.

Although we did manage to win 3 in a row in September but I cant help but feel those still expecting 'us to go on a run like we did last season' have alot of misplaced faith.

Having said that we've only lost back to back games once this season.

Which pretty much tells us what we already know we're inconsistent so will probably finish roughly where we are now. We will win some, we will lose some, we will draw alot.

However, its stating the obvious but Charlie has played a massive part is every point we've picked up this season...now...if he does go...

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 12:50:16 »

We'll produce 2 wins and 2 defeats, the way we've been going this season. I forgot we've played a game more - 2 in Orients case - than those below. Bums are going to get squeaky.

And fans will start to turn. Unfortunately.

The transfer window is of course open, and it may be that we find what we need there to pull away from the bottom.
Spencer_White

« Reply #257 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 13:04:10 »

Dont understand this - you are saying we have no chance of the POs, yet we could still be relegated. Yet we are 5 points from the relegation zone & 5 points from the POs.

Yes there are more teams between us & 6th than there are between us and 20th, but 2 or 3 wins from the next 4 games will be just as great as 2 or 3 defeats will be disastourous

Look at the 16 teams above us, up to 3rd. We would have to beat 12 of those 16 teams. To be honest, 3 of the 4 teams that are in the play off places now will probably finnish in the play offs. Finnishing in the top half from here would be a good achievement.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 13:40:22 »

you seem to have completely ignored the fact we're pretty crap.

I find if I ignore things I dont like for long enough, they tend to go away. If only it would work with the wife....
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 14:12:25 »

And fans will start to turn. Unfortunately.

The transfer window is of course open, and it may be that we find what we need there to pull away from the bottom.

Absolutely correct, the fans will turn sadly... is it me or do we seem to be overall a much more fickle bunch than most clubs?

As always, the loans coming will be near the end of the window I anticipate. Those who were possibly hoping to get a Chmapionship club etc but end up coming here to get regular football!

Look on the bright side boys, a relegation dogfight is a lot more fun to support than mid season mediocrity!! Cheesy
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 14:16:59 »

Absolutely correct, the fans will turn sadly... is it me or do we seem to be overall a much more fickle bunch than most clubs?

I think I'd have said the opposite.  Most have been quite accepting of the board's desire to build things up slowly.  Of course, there is a limit and something will snap eventually if things don't improve...but I certainly would not say we're any more fickle than most.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 14:34:12 »

Look at the 16 teams above us, up to 3rd. We would have to beat 12 of those 16 teams. To be honest, 3 of the 4 teams that are in the play off places now will probably finnish in the play offs. Finnishing in the top half from here would be a good achievement.

Not quite sure I see your logic here - everybody is beating everybody this season and 2 or 3 wins can really make a difference to our position. I dont think we will make the POs this year, but I also dont think we will go down. Getting rid of Wilson now will probably not change either of those, we just need to decide if he is the right man to take us forward long term - if he is we stick with him, if he isn't we change at the end of the season
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 16:22:52 »

If you look at the clubs recently who have sacked their Manager have they improved ? if DW was to go we will have the same players
Therefore some of the players need to look at themselves as well.
We   have not had a good run of form since we beat Leeds away
Spencer_White

« Reply #263 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 18:04:24 »

Not quite sure I see your logic here - everybody is beating everybody this season and 2 or 3 wins can really make a difference to our position. I dont think we will make the POs this year, but I also dont think we will go down. Getting rid of Wilson now will probably not change either of those, we just need to decide if he is the right man to take us forward long term - if he is we stick with him, if he isn't we change at the end of the season

2 or 3 wins in the next 3 games would get us top half. We'd have to go unbeaten for about 3 months to get in the play offs.

This is the way it works, they look deceptively near. The 04-05 season a classic example. But the problem is there are lots of teams, and some of them are about to hit good form.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, January 10, 2011, 19:34:37 »

I don't agree with that. It a universal  thing when reality doesn't meet expectation, not a Swindon Town exclusive.

Case in point, Liverpool FC fans. Something closer to our level, Charlton. Etc, etc.

FWIW I don't think we have a hope in hell of reaching the playoffs. Too inconsistent (obviously). However I don't think we are as far off being a good team as some think (Hence why I'd keep Wilson, despite this seasons results being Malpaseaque in terms of results). Its so frustrating. Problem is the squad is bound to break up a bit come July.

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 13:49:57 »

So what is the average length of time that Wilson has been a manager at the clubs he's managed, I suppose what I'm getting at is does he last on average 18 months - 2 yearess befoe he got sacked or moved on ?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 14:43:53 »

So what is the average length of time that Wilson has been a manager at the clubs he's managed, I suppose what I'm getting at is does he last on average 18 months - 2 yearess befoe he got sacked or moved on ?

1994–1998 Barnsley
1998–2000 Sheffield Wednesday
2000–2004 Bristol City
2004–2006 Franchise
2006–2008 Hartlepool United
2008– Present Swindon Town

At least 2 years everywhere and a couple of 4 year stints as well.
Lumps

« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 20:38:16 »

I'm sorry, I haven't been around the last few days, too busy enjoying myself.

We lost away at Oldham, big fucking deal. I still think there are posters on here who get off on moaning and who never post anything positive.

Why that's upset you so much, I don't know and tbh I don't give a shit.

I haven't been upset. Like I give a shit if you abuse some fucker I've never met and are never likely too. But you posted on a public forum after a victory, slagging off those who "are negative" in your opinion and banging on about them not posting when things are going well, (even when some of the the targets of your abuse were actually fucking replying to your posts).

If you do that, and the next week you don't appear on the forum for a couple of days after yet another abject fucking defeat, someone is likely to point that out.

I just got there first.
Lumps

« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 20:44:15 »

It may be something to do with having a life....we lost at Oldham, hardly a surprise was it.

If Nick Clegg loses at Oldham, does it make him a bad Deputy Prime Minister?

So a defeat at Oldham away was inevitable? That'll be the same Oldham side spanked 6-0 at home by Southampton last night?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2011, 20:48:17 »

So a defeat at Oldham away was inevitable? That'll be the same Oldham side spanked 6-0 at home by Southampton last night?

No mention of inevitablity from me...just not much of a surprise.

I would think it's inevitable that Clegg will get his arse kicked by the sensible citizens of Oldham.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: