Pages: 1 ... 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2043377 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12960 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 12:14:21 »

This churned my stomach and brought a tear to me eye. Some might not want to watch

https://x.com/jimfergusonuk/status/1710575796744589440?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12961 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 12:39:41 »

America supply arms to Israel
So do we don't we?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #12962 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 12:40:41 »

This churned my stomach and brought a tear to me eye. Some might not want to watch

https://x.com/jimfergusonuk/status/1710575796744589440?s=61&t=HYPly50GSEZLTKzNdaNp7Q

Jesus.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12963 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 12:41:46 »

Just seen worse. Cars stopped, all occupants murdered - men, women, children.

My god, what’s wrong with humanity.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #12964 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 12:45:35 »

the only way it stops is to actually talk. we know that.

But look at The Troubles, that took a long time, concessions and people with the nerves of steel to follow it through.

But it has to start with willing.

it's FUBAR
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #12965 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 12:46:02 »

Just seen worse. Cars stopped, all occupants murdered - men, women, children.

My god, what’s wrong with humanity.

Religion
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #12966 on: Saturday, October 7, 2023, 12:46:53 »

The abused can end up as abusers.

That could apply to nations / peoples as well as individuals.
I'm thinking of both sides in this particular conflict.

The attitudes of some nations that claim to set an example hasn't helped over the years.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #12967 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 09:10:20 »

Setting up a safe route and then (apparently) bombing it, is something the West was outraged about Russia doing. I've not seen the same response from the West in relation to Israel's attack on the sole safe route out of the area they want cleared.

It seems the West has settled for peace, but only on Israel's terms

Edit-  ok, there are two routes...but bombing half of them is bad fucking form
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 09:17:21 by bennett » Logged

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #12968 on: Saturday, October 14, 2023, 09:52:00 »

Setting up a safe route and then (apparently) bombing it, is something the West was outraged about Russia doing. I've not seen the same response from the West in relation to Israel's attack on the sole safe route out of the area they want cleared.

It seems the West has settled for peace, but only on Israel's terms

Edit-  ok, there are two routes...but bombing half of them is bad fucking form
Agreed

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12969 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 08:29:43 »

Will no doubt regret bumping this thread, but two by elections yesterday and the Tories lost both to Labour on enormous swings, including their 57th safest seat overall. General election night is going to be very fucking cathartic indeed, when they finally get round to it.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #12970 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 08:34:44 »

Tbh, I think Labour are winning by default - nobody in their right mind will vote Tory after the Boris years followed by Sunak.

I’ve come to the conclusion it matters not who votes for who - nothing gets better, just worse.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12971 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 08:39:50 »

Will no doubt regret bumping this thread, but two by elections yesterday and the Tories lost both to Labour on enormous swings, including their 57th safest seat overall. General election night is going to be very fucking cathartic indeed, when they finally get round to it.

I think whoever is in power has an absolutely mammoth task ahead of them. Labour are clearly a shoe-in to win the next election but to me they hardly inspire confidence. The best I can say about them is that they are not tories.

The whole world appears to be a smoking gun, what with war in Ukraine, the middle east which is an absolute powder keg and horrendous political divisions between left and right becoming more vitriolic. Luckily I have a cracking local pub which is like my 'Winchester' where we can go until this all blows over.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12972 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 08:40:00 »

I have no expectation of the country under Labour immediately becoming Elysium, but it at least feels like they'd try and improve things a bit, which the current government seem to have entirely given up on in favour of just picking fights over moronic shit.

And the catharsis will be mostly watching some of the worst people in parliament lose their seats. I might make cunt top trumps for the occasion.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #12973 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 08:48:44 »

I have no expectation of the country under Labour immediately becoming Elysium, but it at least feels like they'd try and improve things a bit, which the current government seem to have entirely given up on in favour of just picking fights over moronic shit.

And the catharsis will be mostly watching some of the worst people in parliament lose their seats. I might make cunt top trumps for the occasion.

There are very few politicians in any of the parties that inspire me to be honest. I do think it is time for someone else to have a go and I'm in agreement with you, there are some people currently in power that have faces you wouldn't tire of punching. Our MP here is Heaton-Harris, he was on Question time last night, the first time I had seen him speak. He had the charisma of a dead trout.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #12974 on: Friday, October 20, 2023, 08:49:55 »

Looking at the stats, the actually Labour vote didn't really increase since their defeats at the last GE. The Tory vote just didn't turn up. Not a great place for a democracy when someone comes into power due to mass apathy/sense of disenfranchisement.
Similarly, the SNP collapse will likely see Labour home I think.
So Labour will come into power not because they are Labour but because they are neither the Tories nor the SNP.
Pages: 1 ... 862 863 864 [865] 866 867 868 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: