Pages: 1 ... 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2043319 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8520 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 11:02:38 »

Been waiting for this one. It's not looking good at all. I guess we'll finally see if Project Fear was true or not.

https://twitter.com/Survation/status/1203826821361471500/photo/1
Flashheart

« Reply #8521 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 11:22:25 »

Been waiting for this one. It's not looking good at all. I guess we'll finally see if Project Fear was true or not.

According to survation, the labour drop is likely to be down to tactical voting, so that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Still not looking good, though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8522 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 11:51:12 »

It's going to be a tough week I fear. It won't make much difference in the grand scheme of things, but tactical voting managing to remove Raab and IDS would provide a silver lining to an otherwise turd-shaped cloud.

Ignore
« Reply #8523 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 11:57:11 »

The comments to that tweet too. What a horrible and selfish nation we now are. Some truly vile people. What a time to be alive eh..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8524 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 12:08:06 »

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the nation,
There was misery, poverty and great deprivation
Some stockings were empty, some fridges were bare,
The heating turned off, little money to spare.

Boris Johnson was cosy, a quaffing champagne,
Cognac and Port so he’s feeling no pain,
Stuffing his chops on goose flesh and gammon,
Caviar, Stilton and the finest smoked salmon.

The homeless are shivering in cardboard containers
Ex-Servicemen, youngsters, both Leave and Remainers
The nurses and doctors all still searching for beds
With a shortage of staff, of money and meds

The Moggs singing carols with moguls and bankers,
Hedge funders, financiers and various w*nkers
Admiring his baubles and pulling his crackers,
Rejoicing that he's got us all by the knackers.

Your Gran's in the corridor, still on the trolley
While the Chancellors counting the last of his lolly
And Grandad’s in pieces, stemming his tears
Though they’ve paid their dues these past sixty years

But hey, Goves on the sherry and is quite off his tits
While his missus is battered and doing the splits
And Drunken Smith is a singing along with the Pogues
With the rest of the mob and a few Russian rogues

And the kids who are dreaming of gifts in the morning
Won’t get them- their benefits were stopped without warning
While those whose dosh is in off-shore accounts
Will be rubbing their hands as the grand total mounts

And the Waspi woman alone in her kitchen
Has long given up on Dancer and Blitzen
She was robbed of her pension, they don’t give a shite
That she’s freezing and hungry on Christmas Eve night

And now, here’s the end of my last festive story
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #8525 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 14:39:19 »

ITV reporter tried to get Johnson to look at this picture of a 4 year old boy with pneumonia lying on coats on the floor of Leeds General because there were no beds available:

Johnson ignored the question, snatched  the reporter's phone and put it in his pocket. NHS, safe in their hands

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1204018593656180736
« Last Edit: Monday, December 9, 2019, 14:41:19 by pauld » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8526 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 15:19:19 »

ITV reporter tried to get Johnson to look at this picture of a 4 year old boy with pneumonia lying on coats on the floor of Leeds General because there were no beds available:

Johnson ignored the question, snatched  the reporter's phone and put it in his pocket. NHS, safe in their hands

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1204018593656180736

Great Britain, my arse, the 5th richest economy in the world is putting poorly little boys on the hospital floor, has a large part of the population unable to feed themselves, disabled people committing suicide because of the punitive discriminatory measures imposed on them, yet people vote not based upon what is happening but instead on some manner of imaginary bogey man they have been groomed to believe exists.

Do I think Corbyn would be a good PM, no, I don't actually think any of our party leaders would be a good PM, however IMO Corbyn is less likely to (deliberately) inflect misery, hurt and hatred upon large swathes of the most needy that the government is supposed to be protecting, he is less likely to bugger up my daughters education or her chances of getting (and mine of retaining) a job.

We as a nation should be embarrassed at what this country has become, sadly however, we seem intent on just voting to perpetuate the hate and misery, you reap what you sow. Many like to make much of learning from history, perhaps rather than looking back to the 30's, 40's and 70's to justify a laboured point a look at the 2010's might be more pertinent!
Flashheart

« Reply #8527 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 15:33:36 »

Another poll:

That last one from survation was a small poll they did for GMB. A 'snapshot' (their words). I'd read less into that one than one usually should for polls.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8528 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 15:42:59 »

in my local constituency - Battersea, I couldn't even tell you who is the Tory candidate such is their seemingly can't be arsed attitude around here. I have received and seen plenty of Labour presence for Marsha de Cordova who looks favourite to retain her seat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8529 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 16:25:00 »

Another poll:

That last one from survation was a small poll they did for GMB. A 'snapshot' (their words). I'd read less into that one than one usually should for polls.

I want this to be true. If Labour can get 35/36% we're looking at another hung parliament. Everything depends on the tactical votes now.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8530 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 16:44:39 »

Only seems to be in The Indy.... for now.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-book-jews-control-media-general-election-a9239346.html
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8531 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 16:49:44 »

£ closing in on 1.19 v € & 1.31 v $ might be an idea to get your currency now just in case ‘Oh Jeremy Corbyn’ gets in. You’ll see a very quick reversal if he does.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #8532 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 17:10:59 »

£ closing in on 1.19 v € & 1.31 v $ might be an idea to get your currency now just in case ‘Oh Jeremy Corbyn’ gets in. You’ll see a very quick reversal if he does.

Good try, but as you'll see from this EUR > GBP chart (the lower the index, the higher the GBP value), sterling was far stronger against the euro before 2010. It was recovering a bit until your lot tanked it again when you announced the Brexit referendum in 2015. Great work lads.
https://www.macrotrends.net/2553/euro-british-pound-exchange-rate-historical-chart

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8533 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 17:15:58 »

Your grand. I got mine before the Brexit vote.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8534 on: Monday, December 9, 2019, 17:21:02 »

Postal voted, yes I voted Lib Dems for tactical reasons.

I hope plenty of Labour voters do that round here as there was only 700 odd votes in it last time round and Labour were a bloody country mile behind, yet they have been quite bullish round here where a Labour vote basically is a Tory one.

Rather peculiarly I was accosted in the street on the school run by Tim Farron this morning (I nhad my daughter with me so he probably thought I was OK), he seems to be taking it very seriously whilst the Tory doesn't even live in the constituency and is an arse with a bit of social media history!
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: