Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Airplane Gestures Official Thread  (Read 62012 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 10:04:25 »

I couldn't figure out why Prutton was dropping so deep all the time. For someone that usually gets in peoples faces he was very timid. Almost seemed like they were thinking "well, it's only Derby" Depending on how results go in the league over the next month, maybe it's better we are out the cups!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #526 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 10:07:31 »

Seasons a write off.

Fitton needs to Back or Sack Wilson in preparation for next season.

Personally I think backing him is by far the better option.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #527 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 10:11:08 »

Tell you a player who has turned it around in the last two games though - McGovern. This makes me hope others can do the same and for a long period

Agree with this. Seems so much more comfortable on the RHS of a 4-4-2. Playing at the top of a diamond or in a midfield 3 makes him totally ineffective for whatever reason.

As for the bigger picture...

Having had time to calm down having been fucking furious last night I think I'm more perplexed than anything this morning.

I'm obviously disappointed with how the season's going so far, but there have been a number of exceptional performances in amongst the shite.

It has been done to death on here about players that departed over the summer and the effect that has had on the side, but it boggles the mind that a team largely the same as the one that was almost unstoppable for long stretches last season could be so inconsistent this. I don't know where the problems lie, but surely the talent is there for us to be doing better than we are.

Were we just lucky in some of our results last season? Have teams 'worked us out'? Not sure, but I just know I feel bloody miserable about the way things are going just now. Still, long way to go and I hold out hope that we can still turn things round by the end of the season. Just hope the attendance doesn't suffer too much as that isn't going to help the prospect of any transfer/wage funds.

Sorry for rambling on a bit, just needed to get it of my chest.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #528 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 10:24:01 »

Agree with this. Seems so much more comfortable on the RHS of a 4-4-2. Playing at the top of a diamond or in a midfield 3 makes him totally ineffective for whatever reason.

As for the bigger picture...

Having had time to calm down having been fucking furious last night I think I'm more perplexed than anything this morning.

I'm obviously disappointed with how the season's going so far, but there have been a number of exceptional performances in amongst the shite.

It has been done to death on here about players that departed over the summer and the effect that has had on the side, but it boggles the mind that a team largely the same as the one that was almost unstoppable for long stretches last season could be so inconsistent this. I don't know where the problems lie, but surely the talent is there for us to be doing better than we are.

Were we just lucky in some of our results last season? Have teams 'worked us out'? Not sure, but I just know I feel bloody miserable about the way things are going just now. Still, long way to go and I hold out hope that we can still turn things round by the end of the season. Just hope the attendance doesn't suffer too much as that isn't going to help the prospect of any transfer/wage funds.

Sorry for rambling on a bit, just needed to get it of my chest.

Things will improve in April.....end of season.

Clems Army!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 10:28:41 »

I'm going to get a back or sack wax based on the outcome.

Come on back! (so to speak)
Spencer_White

« Reply #530 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:21:39 »

Enough about the kit already!

If the club want to sell out and play in the away strip at the CG next season then they can shove it. I wont be paying for any home FA Cup games.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:26:14 »

If the club want to sell out and play in the away strip at the CG next season then they can shove it. I wont be paying for any home FA Cup games.

***Hypothetical alert***

We somehow manage to get to the third round of the FA Cup next season and we play Manchester United at the County Ground. Both clubs agree that Swindon will play in Black and Man U in Red prior to the match.

So this would stop you going?

For me I don't care if we play in bin liners or skins, it makes no difference, I go to support the team, red, white or black.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #532 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:33:10 »

Why can't we have a differently sponsored, limited edition, red, cup only kit?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:36:52 »

Because then the complain would be: ripping off the fans, what's the point?? Why not just use our normal red shirt?

Which tbf, are probably legitimate complaints atm...

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #534 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:37:16 »

***Hypothetical alert***

We somehow manage to get to the third round of the FA Cup next season and we play Manchester United at the County Ground. Both clubs agree that Swindon will play in Black and Man U in Red prior to the match.

So this would stop you going?

For me I don't care if we play in bin liners or skins, it makes no difference, I go to support the team, red, white or black.

Yep.

When the club looked like it might fold I always said if we had to set up a new club I would support it with everything I had if 1) it played in or near the centre of Swindon and 2) We played in Red.

Not interested in anything else. Not interested in South Marston Supermarine. If the club moved to a motorway junction that would be the end of me and STFC as well.

To be honest I was undecided about going last night, but when I found out we were playing in black that made my mind up. If the club wants to sell out and mess around with the identity of the club then they shouldnt be suprised if it has an impact on the loyalty of fans.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 13:05:18 by Spencer_White » Logged
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 14:29:24 »

Seasons a write off.

Agree 100%
Panda Paws

« Reply #536 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 14:43:49 »

Seasons a write off.

But the board have already backed DW in the summer, we spent far more money that we have for a long time and we brought in proven players on big wages. Unfortunately DW miss-spent the last majority of what he was given, and seems unable to get the best out of the current bunch.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 16:00:28 »

I am fed up with Wilsons negative, 'sit back' tactics when we take the lead, and we used them last night when we were fucking drawing. Only one side wanted to win that and Crawley deserved to win by more, they made us look like a conference side.

I knew we were in for a long night when he took off our most creative midfielder for a defender. What was he thinking?

Derby would have been at a guess, a gate of around 9000. We have had all of the bigger teams at the County Ground already this season - I don't know where the next big gate is coming from, and the Derby match would no doubt have been a decent earner. I can't see us getting another crowd of over 8500 again this season. The board are lucky that we have a high number of season ticket holders.

What Spencer said above: back Wilson with some money in January, or sack him.
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 16:09:56 »

The board are lucky that we have a high number of season ticket holders.

It's a bit off topic, but it's not by luck that we have good season ticket numbers.
luckyluke699

5 league goals and counting...

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 16:20:19 »

It's a bit off topic, but it's not by luck that we have good season ticket numbers.

Agreed, season ticket numbers and attendances having been rising slowly but steadily over a number of years in fact!

Also, 73% of facts are made up on the spot  Hmmm
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: