Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Leeds United official matchday thread  (Read 68861 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 18:52:49 »

Have I missed it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 18:53:36 »

On Points west yes...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 18:55:46 »

On Points west yes...

knickers. Ah well. will try and catch them somehow. Is there an app you can download for the Iphone to watch the goals? Probably not but worth a try.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 18:58:46 »

They spent ages talking about Shitty. Grr annoys me. You'd think they would at least want to talk about a good result for one of the local sides. Whilst we did get a little bit of coverage it was a bit pants. Goals were good though.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:02:35 »

That was great Smiley  city misery, us pure joy.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:05:27 »

Have to say Im glad in a way Leeds is over with. Around us there were an absolute bunch of twats, God knows why they bothered to turn up. Maybe they were local Leeds fans.

Its sad to say it, but the best home crowds are where it is just shy of capacity (10,000 home fans), because in a sell out the gaps get filled with pricks. Fills me with dread in a way of getting a new stadium, all the muppets comming out again. I know its a bit selfish on my part, because its good for the club.

Hopefully for Charlton and Norwich there will be more true home supporters and less day trippers.

Im with that
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:09:15 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:07:34 »

Gotta love this - they think Paynter and Austin might want to sign fot them!!
http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=172663
I liked the bit where after some humming and haahing over whether they'd be good enough for the colossus of world football that is Leeds Utd, you get this post timed at 9.18 pm last night:
these two have murdered us
Cheesy Yes they did, didn't they? And Johnny "Not good enough for mighty Leeds" Douglas and the rest of the lads. Absolutely tore you a new one
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:27:52 »

Who do they think they are ? We can have him or him.
It ain't a sweet shop.

"Small Town in Wiltshire, we're just a small Town in Wiltshire" when 3-0 up and still going forward.
When the 3rd went in many of their "superb" fans were leaving the Ground.

Great night.

Took a Leeds fan with me last night and one who has been up to Elland Road with me a few times.

No excuses from him although whilst he reckons Leeds looked jaded Swindon went at them from the start. A few nice touches early on from Beckford but Cuthbert was superb.
He said Swindon play some delightful football and believes Leeds do need another Striker.

Grayson tried to change it at halftime but still Swindon looked solid.

Nice when an away fan gives a true statement. He thought Paynter looked a real handful.

One for the "great games" that one.

Loved seeing the TE full and signing made old Bambers all emotional. Still the DR Town End side rocks now with Danny Wilson's Red and White Army.

Happy Days. Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:29:05 »

Spot the northerner was good fun last night. Think we saw a couple in the DRS but its hard to tell as they were so quiet during the game Smiley

I don't mind the daytrippers/first timers/occasionals, whatever you want to call them. The club needs them.
There were six in the DRS near me.  They were in row k, one of them, an old guy wanted it to kick off after the penalty, a Town fan walked down to him, told him to sit down and shut up or fuck off.  He actually fucked off three minutes later and didn't come back - his mates left five minutes before the end.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:41:07 »

I had a Leeds fan sat next to me, who lives at Lyneham, and had no problems.

He said we fully deserved our victory, and that Leeds have to go back to the drawing board. He said our strikers bossed their defence, and that Beckford cannot do it all by himself.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 19:51:12 »

Gotta love this - they think Paynter and Austin might want to sign fot them!!
http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=172663

I see a bit of them on local news (unfortunately). Paynter is the senior striker. He's a good finissher but nothing of note that makes him dangerous. The lad Charlie Austin has only been signed recently from Poole Town. He seems to have this knack of being in the right place in the penalty box, but like Paynter doesn't have any qualities that would make him a dangerous striker. I'm hoping the occasion might be too big for him against us.

from that thread, egg on face much?
Spencer_White

« Reply #596 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 20:06:10 »

Haha, muppet. We are absolute quality. Full of matchwinners.

Hope the opposition keep saying that about Austin, because he'll tear them apart.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 20:07:24 »

What pissed me off was the fact that we were 3-0 up at home to the (alleged) best side in the league and people still left early!

Yes, that includes you STFC Dave Wink

I stayed untill the full time whistle, but i had to get the bus (Which was then late anyway) and it takes YEARS to get out from the top of the DRS.

Things get better but they never get good
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 20:10:50 »

from that thread, egg on face much?
The quote about "Austin doesn't look good on Points West" made me laugh. We never get more than 10 seconds coverage, and what can you tell from short clips anyway?!
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 20:42:54 »

Only just got on this, so aplogies if i repeat anything anyone's already said Smiley

What a fucking game, every player on that pitch for us put in so much effort. Lucas was class, and the fact that he had former fans of his behind him spurred him on to make some great saves, although he did have little to do. Greer shook off any doubts i had of him recetnly, and he looked refreshed and solid. Cuthbert is proving to be one of the buys of the season, with yet another amazing defensive perfomance keeping that cunt Beckford quiet all game. Lescinel, despite his dodginess in most games, was brilliant, another assist to his name, and he even managed to keep Gradel quiet when he came on to my surprise. Amankwaah was great as per usual, and his attacking play really showed Leeds what a full back is supposed to do. JPM was again quality, but we've come to expect that of him now. I particularly enjoyed seeing him defend as much as he attacked this time out. Douglas and Ferry bossed the midfield, with neat passes to safety, and finding space out wide perfectly with such exqisite exectution. Danny Ward put in another great shift, and i dont think im alone in wanting to see more of him, lets just hope Wilson gets him till the end of the season. Special mention to Austin and Paynter, who agains tole all the plaudits, but this performance proves exactly why we should NOT sell Paynter, he was a worthy contender for MOTM in my eyes, and was just class. Austin again exceeded expectations, and did very well against a good defender in Kisnorbo.

Danny Wilson, i salute you for this, and you will go down in folklore Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: