Pages: 1 ... 546 547 548 [549] 550 551 552 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226131 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8220 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:33:53 »

Just took a LFT as I have felt decidedly ropey last 24 hours (not necessarily Covid symptoms just shattered and run down), thankfully negative, but every time I report one they seem to want more and more personal info seems more like a sodding data gathering exercises!

Reflecting on yesterdays presser, personal responsibility being preached by a man who has never taken personal responsibility for his own actions sticks in the throat rather. The whole press conference sounded like Johnson saying how all restrictions are to be lifted on the 19th & Chris Whitty laying out in detail all the reasons why that shouldn’t be happening, I note he said "These decisions are made by ministers and not the scientists".

Mask wearing is primarily to protect other people, so is an inherently selfless act. For whatever reason the government have decided that such actions are not compatible with that part of the electorate who support them and have decided to scrap it.
Flashheart

« Reply #8221 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:42:00 »

There's an argument for letting people get back to life and whatnot.

But there's no reason for people to not wear masks. None. It makes absolutely zero fucking difference to anything at all whatsoever. So it can be a little uncomfortable. I find them uncomfortable, but my discomfort when wearing a mask is just a fraction of that experienced by people on ventilators etc - so I just fucking wear one. And it has zero impact on how I live my life. There *might* be a few exceptions, but in general, just fucking do it! 

And I noticed that Right said Fred are moaning about people choosing to wear masks. First banging on that it should be a choice, and then moaning about people who do exactly that - make a choice. Twats.

Ignore
« Reply #8222 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:43:50 »

The government have given the public the green light to act in the same way they do. Selfishly and ignorantly. Seems obvious to me that ending all restrictions is madness at this time. Surely waiting until the majority of people were double jabbed would have been the common sense approach?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8223 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:44:29 »

Its going to be "interesting" for a bit

Some people will understandably want to continue with masks
Some people wil understandable not want to

I say put the mask wearers at the back of the bus and leave the others at the front. The non mask wearers should give up their seat to a mask wearer.

OK Ok. But it seems silly to have such "own choice". Is there even going to be a health benefit to wearing one if not many others do.  Thinking I probably won't bother.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8224 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:46:22 »

Watch the panic set in when Autumn arrives and new cases soar!

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8225 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:47:35 »

There's an argument for letting people get back to life and whatnot.

But there's no reason for people to not wear masks. None. It makes absolutely zero fucking difference to anything at all whatsoever. So it can be a little uncomfortable. I find them uncomfortable, but my discomfort when wearing a mask is just a fraction of that experienced by people on ventilators etc - so I just fucking wear one. And it has zero impact on how I live my life. There *might* be a few exceptions, but in general, just fucking do it!  

And I noticed that Right said Fred are moaning about people choosing to wear masks. First banging on that it should be a choice, and then moaning about people who do exactly that - make a choice. Twats.

How prevalent was mask wearing in your neck of the woods before all this shit show kicked off, I only ask as in Lancaster there are a hell of a lot of students from Eastern Asia at the uni and mask wearing was pretty wide spread way before Covid times.

Former WHO and now Independent SAGE member is not a happy bunny... https://twitter.com/globalhlthtwit/status/1412348342923845633?s=20  

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8226 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:48:02 »

If you enforce masks things like nightclubs and what not won’t be able to open. You can’t say you have to wear masks indoors, on transport etc but make things like nightclubs exempt that would be even more shambolic.

If you aren’t wearing a proper fitted mask then the gains are marginal, it’s time for people to make there own decisions.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8227 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:48:59 »

I say put the mask wearers at the back of the bus and leave the others at the front. The non mask wearers should give up their seat to a mask wearer.

Not really fair on bus drivers who have already been disproportionately affected by deaths.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8228 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:50:36 »

Fave masks obviously obviously worked as Flu and the common cold literally disappeared last winter

So, give no fucks
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #8229 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:52:05 »

If you aren’t wearing a proper fitted mask then the gains are marginal, it’s time for people to make there own decisions.

Are they?
Flashheart

« Reply #8230 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 10:56:34 »

How prevalent was mask wearing in your neck of the woods before all this shit show kicked off,

It was already fairly common. Now everybody wears them. And why not? It's extremely easy.
Flashheart

« Reply #8231 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:06:09 »

The fucking state of this cunt.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8232 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:17:12 »

The fucking state of this cunt.

I know Fred Fairbrass quite well, had a few beers with him and hes a decent bloke.

I have spoken to him about his views and had arguments as I very much disagree with most of the shit he comes out with, he seems to have taken on the mantra of being the head "anti masker" in the public eye.

No idea why he thinks there is such a conspiracy but he does and it annoys me a fair bit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #8233 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:18:26 »

Does he still talk to you if you wear a mask?
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8234 on: Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 11:20:04 »

Went to the dentist yesterday and sitting in the quite warm waiting room for 10/15 mins with a mask on was moderately unpleasant, I have a great respect for people that have to wear them all day, so if they are making that sacrifice, I’m damn sure that I should do so for short periods
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 548 [549] 550 551 552 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: