Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1226142 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3435 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 15:40:42 »

year 6 I can see could work.

reception and year 1 is fucking stupid
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3436 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 15:49:16 »

73% of Covid deaths are broken down as

26% Diabetes
18% Dementia
15% Chronic Pulmonary Disease
14% Chronic Kidney Disease
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3437 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 16:40:13 »

Interesting although you kinda need the incidence of those things amongst the general population (or adjusted for the age of victims) as I'd guess at least that diabetes is a lot more common that either of the final two, and dementia is probably an indicator of the advanced age of most victims?
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #3438 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 17:42:52 »

Swiss approach in loosening their lockdown ?

'As quickly as possible, but as slow as necessary'.

Perfect.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3439 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 18:18:34 »

Not heard from normy in a while, hope all ok with him and the wife?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3440 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 18:30:40 »

Last online 3rd may according to his profile. Hope hes ok
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #3441 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 18:37:30 »

Busy out today. Most are using their brains but an odd few are being morons with the social distancing, or lack of it. Was on a bike ride today and some twat rode past me so close that we probably looked like we were riding a tandem from some angles. If I could have caught up with him I might have lamped him  Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #3442 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 19:56:27 »

I'm a little bit in love with Charlie Brooker.

Charlie Brooker's Anti-Viral Wipe
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #3443 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 20:44:48 »

Was good.  My kids (13 and 16 - strange names) watched it and found it very funny.  Was nice to see them enjoying the shame cynical twisted dark humour ive loved for years.

Never knowingly overstated.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3444 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 21:01:37 »

Just watching the hospital special on iPlayer. It’s so scary. If I could stop my wife going to work I would. Might be selfish, but it’s such a risk. She won’t listen to me anyway.

Everyone needs to watch it.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #3445 on: Thursday, May 14, 2020, 21:22:44 »

Just watching the hospital special on iPlayer. It’s so scary. If I could stop my wife going to work I would. Might be selfish, but it’s such a risk. She won’t listen to me anyway.

Everyone needs to watch it.

Hard watch Sippo, remarkable people!
Valid Pint

« Reply #3446 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 05:59:42 »

CG car Park was very busy yesterday.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #3447 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 07:00:57 »

I'm a little bit in love with Charlie Brooker.

Charlie Brooker's Anti-Viral Wipe

Ooh, I recorded this, will watch it tonight. I love Charlie Brooker's stuff. Black Mirror is just brilliant.
smalltowngypsymassacre

« Reply #3448 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 08:02:19 »

As one who works in education, heres my take:

The two big leaps year group to year group in Primary school are reception to year one and year five to year six. If any year groups could benefit from being in until the summer hols its the current reception kids and the current year 5s. By the end of year one the kids are mostly ingratiated into school proper so I see no extra benefit in them being in over, say, the current year 3s.

Year 6 is tricky because at this time of year normally SATS are already, erm, sat, and the key issue for them is the transition to secondary school. Theres usually some learning but that takes a back seat to gearing them up for the big move to another school. With that said, would it not be beneficial to begin secondary a couple of months earlier? From what I understand secondary schools are shut to the vast majority of secondary pupils until September, so get the staff back in, give the current year 6 cohort a head start and make use of the space and teaching resources currently being unused in secondary. Social distancing should be no more difficult than if they were still at primary, but moving them to secondary now will have the positive knock on effect that social distancing will be easier in primary schools for whichever kids are left there with the year 6s gone.
« Last Edit: Friday, May 15, 2020, 08:27:45 by smalltowngypsymassacre » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #3449 on: Friday, May 15, 2020, 08:56:25 »

As one who works in education, heres my take:

The two big leaps year group to year group in Primary school are reception to year one and year five to year six. If any year groups could benefit from being in until the summer hols its the current reception kids and the current year 5s. By the end of year one the kids are mostly ingratiated into school proper so I see no extra benefit in them being in over, say, the current year 3s.

Year 6 is tricky because at this time of year normally SATS are already, erm, sat, and the key issue for them is the transition to secondary school. Theres usually some learning but that takes a back seat to gearing them up for the big move to another school. With that said, would it not be beneficial to begin secondary a couple of months earlier? From what I understand secondary schools are shut to the vast majority of secondary pupils until September, so get the staff back in, give the current year 6 cohort a head start and make use of the space and teaching resources currently being unused in secondary. Social distancing should be no more difficult than if they were still at primary, but moving them to secondary now will have the positive knock on effect that social distancing will be easier in primary schools for whichever kids are left there with the year 6s gone.

Interesting take. As someone with a reception age child, you can get to fuck if you think he's going back to school yet.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 [230] 231 232 233 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: