Pages: 1 ... 648 649 650 [651] 652 653 654 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266543 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9750 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2023, 21:58:22 »

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/19/lawyer-apologises-for-saying-michelle-mone-was-not-linked-to-ppe-firm

A surprisingly familiar name appears in this article on the various lawyers who have been acting for Michelle Mone in denying she had anything to do with dodgy PPE procurement.

His Trust Hero award sadly does not get a mention. Nor his wife's shareholding.

Eddie was also a beneficiary when BHS went pop.

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2016/mar/07/over-a-third-of-proceeds-from-84m-bhs-loan-went-to-four-directors

Hardly surprising someone of his 'calibre' is involved I'm STFC is it?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9751 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 08:00:26 »

A man is known by the company he keeps.

Between Dominic Chappell (BHS), Michelle Mone and Clem Morfuni, it’s not looking great for Eddie is it?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9752 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 08:18:22 »

A man is known by the company he keeps.

To be absolutely fair, expensive lawyers rarely end up representing stand up people with no legal concerns. But it's not what you'd hope to see an erm... close relative of one of our shareholders in the news for.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 08:20:49 by Nemo » Logged
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9753 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 08:23:54 »

To be absolutely fair, expensive lawyers rarely end up representing stand up people with no legal concerns. But it's not what you'd hope to see an erm... close relative of one of our shareholders in the news for.

Oh for sure. I’m past being fair!

But they also don’t usually end up with shareholdings in football clubs (via their wives).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9754 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 09:04:17 »

We’ve had them for a couple of seasons now to give the grass in shaded areas some light in the winter months. Only surprise is we’re still paying the electric cost to use them but then again the cost of a postponed game would soon outweigh the electricity bill.

Ah, fair enough. Even so the grounds man (I assume) was there. Good to know the many ordinary people at the club are as hard working and diligent as ever.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9755 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 09:07:13 »

shareholdings in football clubs (via their wives).

Is it definitely his wife - same surname and related I'm sure. Reason for asking is there was uncertainty it was his wife at the time. Hair splitting.

There is nothing to suggest Eddie P has done anything wrong here. Not a good look for him and his firm in the PR dept but I'm sure the legal professional body will kick off if he is Lionel Hutz
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9756 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 09:13:47 »

Ah, fair enough. Even so the grounds man (I assume) was there. Good to know the many ordinary people at the club are as hard working and diligent as ever.

I think it's important to recognise and remember that there are some fantastic hard working 'ordinary' people at the club who do a brilliant job on a day to day basis. Yes on the face of things the club appears to be run like a non-league entity cutting costs of everything to an inch of it's life but there are some great people that continue to work bloody hard and these are the people that I feel for. They deserve for the business to be run properly. Hopefully this might be rectified sooner rather than later.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9757 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 09:49:07 »

I think it's important to recognise and remember that there are some fantastic hard working 'ordinary' people at the club who do a brilliant job on a day to day basis. Yes on the face of things the club appears to be run like a non-league entity cutting costs of everything to an inch of it's life but there are some great people that continue to work bloody hard and these are the people that I feel for. They deserve for the business to be run properly. Hopefully this might be rectified sooner rather than later.
Great point Bob. We did a hospitality package in the Robins Lounge (which I think is new) for the Mansfield game and everything about it was really good...catering was excellent, Chris Hull was hosting and he's great at what he does and all the staff were brilliant. The result helped of course but I couldn't fault it overall. In addition to that, I booked our Crawley tickets (I know...I need help, may well be my last game of the season though) on Monday and got them in the post on Tuesday...which I thought was nothing short of miraculous...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9758 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 09:55:56 »

Great point Bob. We did a hospitality package in the Robins Lounge (which I think is new) for the Mansfield game and everything about it was really good...catering was excellent, Chris Hull was hosting and he's great at what he does and all the staff were brilliant. The result helped of course but I couldn't fault it overall. In addition to that, I booked our Crawley tickets (I know...I need help, may well be my last game of the season though) on Monday and got them in the post on Tuesday...which I thought was nothing short of miraculous...

Great to hear OST, glad you enjoyed Mansfield, my dad and I also enjoyed that game. (the way it ended had a big factor in that) Apart from the crappy ticketmaster online experience, I've always been really impressed with how quickly I get sent my tickets for away games, usually within a day or 2 at the most. (I don't live near Swindon so collection is never really an option)

joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #9759 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 09:57:14 »

Is it definitely his wife - same surname and related I'm sure. Reason for asking is there was uncertainty it was his wife at the time. Hair splitting.

There is nothing to suggest Eddie P has done anything wrong here. Not a good look for him and his firm in the PR dept but I'm sure the legal professional body will kick off if he is Lionel Hutz

Mrs P has her own skin care line https://www.dualskincare.com/ and at this stage must be the most successful business owner in the boardroom.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9760 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 19:09:36 »

Happy Christmas all -

We three kings of Swindon are
Bearing gifts we traverse afar
Money Laundering Kirachi and Pawning
Following yonder star

O Clem of Wonder, Hall at night
Loan players returning, doesn’t look bright
National League leading, falling and reeling
Guide us to a club that is right 

Freeloaders we are on Swindon’s plain
Refunds we gave to crown him again
Ripped off forever, confident never
Ownership issues to reign

Points deductions to offer have I
Young and Kemp to say goodbye
Supporters not praising Prices are raising 
All we get is lie after lie 

Injuries mounting the same old tune
Following this club it’s always gloom
Our rivals are thriving
Swindon are dying
Can only hope they clear off soon

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9761 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 19:30:37 »

Nice work Duke.

What can we do but hope for a brighter future for this great club.  Pint

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #9762 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 19:49:01 »

Very good!  Clap
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9763 on: Wednesday, December 20, 2023, 19:55:41 »

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
digby