Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280325 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6990 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 14:43:44 »

We had them, we just had a CEO and Manager who spunked their money for them.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6991 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 14:49:34 »

Fuck me you wouldn't want to be sat next to him at a dinner party....

Would be interesting to know how much the owner has spent getting them to this position, in terms of wealth their owner is a completely different league to Clem (and unlike Clem actually does have the business already st up to develop a ground!) plus he is a local lad done good etc.

Yeah its been pretty well mapped out and delivered, but in terms of having the financial nouse to actually deliver its comparing apples and pears!

Considering how affluent business is in Swindon it never ceases to amaze me that we have never managed to find owners with a pot to piss in.

They do not produce full accounts, so tough to tell, but you can assume they spend more than we do given their loss for 21/22 was a smidge under 5m!!!!!!!!!  edit:  Given their stated Revenue number, plus the actual loss banked in the Balance Sheet, they must have gone through nearly 10m in 2021/22.  No idea whether that reflects a huge wage bill on players, or if that supports the move to build and grow an Academy and other expenses though.  As referenced before, Crewe fork out over 1m a year to maintain their Academy status, it's not unreasonable to assume at least the same for Stockport given they started from scratch.

Now, the difference here is they have not loaded up debt to get there, they converted nearly 8m in loans to Equity, so the club now owes nothing to the owners as a result (or back then).

https://www.stockportcounty.com/club-statement-mark-stott-investment/

https://www.stockportcounty.com/stockport-county-announce-annual-financial-results/

It all sounds good, but I'd want to see the Hardware they talk about - it's the bit we don't seem to have much of a plan for, so would be interested to know what Stockport have in return for all that spend.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 30, 2023, 14:56:00 by RobertT » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6992 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 14:50:55 »

We had them, we just had a CEO and Manager who spunked their money for them.

Indeed, but I never really understood what was in it for Black/Arbib etc, even with the Stockport guy you can see the appeal for him of the prestige of a local lad giving back, possibly sticking two fingers up after he didn't do well at school etc, uplifting the value of his asset through developing ground/training grounds etc. None of that seems to have applied to Black/Arbib, my memory is crap, did they actually attend games that often?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #6993 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 14:52:41 »

I always felt it was Fitton convincing his well off mates to back him
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6994 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 15:00:19 »

I always felt it was Fitton convincing his well off mates to back him

Certainly the case with Arbib as I understand it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #6995 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 15:17:04 »

Fuck me you wouldn't want to be sat next to him at a dinner party....

Would be interesting to know how much the owner has spent getting them to this position, in terms of wealth their owner is a completely different league to Clem (and unlike Clem actually does have the business already st up to develop a ground!) plus he is a local lad done good etc.

Yeah its been pretty well mapped out and delivered, but in terms of having the financial nouse to actually deliver its comparing apples and pears!

Considering how affluent business is in Swindon it never ceases to amaze me that we have never managed to find owners with a pot to piss in.

“Considering how affluent business is in Swindon it never ceases to amaze me that we have never managed to find owners with a pot to piss in.”

Might have something to do with the scruples and modus operandi of the owners. Look at the motley crew we have had since Diamandis. Look who they’ve sold out to or been taken over by. I think with the exception of Sir Seton Wills (recently) everyone has seen the club as a cash cow to make money out of without actually investing anything in that was sustainable or for the long term betterment of the clubs facilities, club and supporters.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6996 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 15:30:27 »

“Considering how affluent business is in Swindon it never ceases to amaze me that we have never managed to find owners with a pot to piss in.”

Might have something to do with the scruples and modus operandi of the owners. Look at the motley crew we have had since Diamandis. Look who they’ve sold out to or been taken over by. I think with the exception of Sir Seton Wills (recently) everyone has seen the club as a cash cow to make money out of without actually investing anything in that was sustainable or for the long term betterment of the clubs facilities, club and supporters.

What right minded business would get into bed with Jed/Power/Clem?

I wouldn't touch the club whilst it has the personalities in the wings that it does. Unnecessary risk of reputational damage.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #6997 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 15:57:26 »

Yeah I''ll be honest, even if I won the Euro Millions tomorrow I'd have zero interest getting involved without a total clear out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #6998 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:06:55 »

Yeah, I couldn't imagine anyone doing a Clem and just chucking a million or so into the club with no say on what it’s used for.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6999 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:10:10 »

Yeah, I couldn't imagine anyone doing a Clem and just chucking a million or so into the club with no say on what it’s used for.

An early indicator that we were not dealing with a sharp operator. #RealDeal
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7000 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:28:09 »

Power was either a very good salesman or his hangers on were in the room with sufficient weaponry.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7001 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:30:10 »

Power never went anywhere without his bodyguard Cheesy

So, give no fucks
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #7002 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:32:22 »

Power never went anywhere without his bodyguard Cheesy

Was that Tim Sherwood's role?
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #7003 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:32:58 »

Do you think that the £1m for 15% of Powers shares went to the club?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #7004 on: Monday, October 30, 2023, 16:34:06 »

Was that Tim Sherwood's role?

That’s the one😁

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 466 [467] 468 469 470 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: