Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 ... 881   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 2043309 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5370 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 11:25:14 »

Petitions is down for maintenance
We know about it and we're working on it.

Please try again later.

you have to laugh!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5371 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 11:31:56 »

maintenance eh? that's what they want you to think..
Flashheart

« Reply #5372 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 11:40:57 »

It's been up and down since last night. Maybe the sheer number of votes is making it struggle?
Combe Up

« Reply #5373 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 11:41:27 »

The only way to find consensus (or 'bring the country together' as politicians are fond of saying) is to find some kind of middle ground that involves leaving the EU but also recognises the slim margin of the vote.  But finding that middle ground precisely what Theresa May’s intransigent approach to this process prevents.  In her heart (I'm assuming she has one, somewhere), she will know that the indicative votes proposed by many have to be the way forward - but that would mean putting the country before her own party.  And she's shown no sign of doing that to date.

She is the problem here, not the solution.  Her statement yesterday evening was breath-taking for a number of reasons, with a complete lack of self-awareness being top of the list.

1,269,501 is NOT a slim margin.

The economics can be sorted out after we leave the EU. It is a strategic decision to leave the pathway to a political union with EU. How we relate to the EU & other entities can be decided when we are independent.

As for worrying about your holidays, tours etc. I am sure you will cope. I am travelling to Brussels on 29th March & will piss over the pissing boy there as a mark of respect.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #5374 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 11:48:21 »

We don`t want to stop trading with Europe or stop Europeans working here or going on holidays or any of the related stuff that goes with being so close brings up - we just don`t want to be part of a Federal government - isn`t that why people voted leave. Not complicated quite simple...

I now expect a tirade of yes but what about this and that - I will be surprised if anyone over the age of 25 will ever vote again so maybe a Federal unelected by us government is actually the answer...ffs someone sort this out...

Bathtime
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5375 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:00:29 »

Where in Ireland are you off to?
Galway. Or the Arrivals lounge at Dublin airport, depending on how fucked up everything gets Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5376 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:03:11 »

We don`t want to stop trading with Europe or stop Europeans working here or going on holidays or any of the related stuff that goes with being so close brings up - we just don`t want to be part of a Federal government - isn`t that why people voted leave. Not complicated quite simple...
The principle is indeed quite simple. Although lots of people voted leave for lots of different reasons. So that isn't so simple. And disentangling 40 years of trade relations and legislation also isn't simple. Going into all that without a plan is deeply simple (in the old fashioned sense of the word) as are the vainglorious egotist politicians who told people it would be simple.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5377 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:04:45 »

Galway. Or the Arrivals lounge at Dublin airport, depending on how fucked up everything gets Smiley

It might be worth taking passports... as whether the old free movement between GB and Ireland, will still stand after the 29th or a slightly later no deal date, probably needs some legal clarification.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5378 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:11:52 »

As for worrying about your holidays, tours etc. I am sure you will cope. I am travelling to Brussels on 29th March & will piss over the pissing boy there as a mark of respect.

Can't beat the old 'Brits abroad' behaviour can you?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5379 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:11:52 »

2% swing. Add in the number of ex-pats that pay taxes but wrongly couldn't vote and the scales balance.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:28:27 by Batch » Logged
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #5380 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:12:49 »

you are in for a treat! I got married in Galway so I am probably biased but its a cracking place and the Guinness is top class.

You'll have great craic!

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5381 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:16:33 »

The economics can be sorted out after we leave the EU. It is a strategic decision to leave the pathway to a political union with EU. How we relate to the EU & other entities can be decided when we are independent.

A winning majority of 1.8% is a slim majority, but I’m sure you know that

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #5382 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 12:24:58 »

Yes, it is.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5383 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 13:10:48 »

It might be worth taking passports... as whether the old free movement between GB and Ireland, will still stand after the 29th or a slightly later no deal date, probably needs some legal clarification.
Everyone is taking passports and has been warned to ensure they are not within 6 months of expiry, in line with HMG advice
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5384 on: Thursday, March 21, 2019, 13:30:54 »

I now expect a tirade of yes but what about this and that - I will be surprised if anyone over the age of 25 will ever vote again so maybe a Federal unelected by us government is actually the answer...ffs someone sort this out...

I can assure you that some people who voted leave did so precisely to stop Europeans coming into the UK to work.  They also had next to no knowledge about the EU political machine.  I could also well imagine people were keen to ensure their Banana's could ne as curved as we'd like them to be - daft, but don't underestimate the drip, drip of urban myth reporting that has happened over several decades.  The stupidity is - if they just said the EU is good for us BUT it does mean giving up sovereignty eventually, people would still have voted to Leave but for a sensible reason.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 358 [359] 360 361 362 ... 881   Go Up
Print
Jump to: