Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Manager thread part (96837494)  (Read 156138 times)
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #1950 on: Today at 19:05:49 »

When Charlie Austin said a few words at his acceptance of the MoM award at the last game, he took a look over his shoulder twee who was in the room from the Management before being very frank about the situation he found when he arrived from Australia.

Clearly, what he found on arrival wasn’t what he was ‘sold’. In fact it was quite the opposite.

It seemed that he only stayed to see out his contract as he owed it to the supporters.

He said one very telling thing. He warned the Management to be careful, very careful. There are a lot of big teams in The Conference.

There was a hint of bitterness in his manner mixed with genuine concern.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1951 on: Today at 19:14:24 »

With the money Dale Vince was putting in to FGR I’d assume their budget was probably equal (or at least similar) to ours.

A couple of poor managerial appointments & they are heading to the National league, that’s what we have to be wary of.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1952 on: Today at 19:23:53 »

When Charlie Austin said a few words at his acceptance of the MoM award at the last game, he took a look over his shoulder twee who was in the room from the Management before being very frank about the situation he found when he arrived from Australia.

Clearly, what he found on arrival wasn’t what he was ‘sold’. In fact it was quite the opposite.

It seemed that he only stayed to see out his contract as he owed it to the supporters.

He said one very telling thing. He warned the Management to be careful, very careful. There are a lot of big teams in The Conference.

There was a hint of bitterness in his manner mixed with genuine concern.

I thought it was common knowledge that he, and many others were sold a complete pup by the ownership?

Jody Morris another one judging by his interview he did a while back
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #1953 on: Today at 19:29:29 »

Why did Austin sign a contract extension last summer then? Was it not obvious the lies ar that point? Or something changed this last season even further?

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1954 on: Today at 19:39:33 »

Why did Austin sign a contract extension last summer then? Was it not obvious the lies ar that point? Or something changed this last season even further?

New manager and more promises i would guess? Dodnt we have an option on his contract at the end of six months anyway?
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1955 on: Today at 19:41:13 »

Perhaps it was an option or something similar.

I think enough people have come out of the club now saying or insinuating that what they were sold wasn’t the reality when they joined. Word gets around about things like that in football and I know we had debate earlier in the year about “no one will want to sign for us” but the reality of that statement (or at least what I took from it) isn’t in the literal sense of “there won’t be a single soul who wants to join us”, as January proved, but more so the issue that who does end up here will very likely be in either a situation where they have very little to no other offers, in a last chance saloon type situation or are confident they can get in quickly, get what they need and get out. Once a club gets a reputation like that to be avoided, it’s hard to shake.

Now the counter argument to that is that you can still find some gems that way (e.g Glatzel) and that’s probably what they’ll be hoping for but the reality is that you can’t build a club like that and you only get lucky for so long.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #1956 on: Today at 19:54:32 »

With the money Dale Vince was putting in to FGR I’d assume their budget was probably equal (or at least similar) to ours.

A couple of poor managerial appointments & they are heading to the National league, that’s what we have to be wary of.
Their budget far exceeded ours - about 60% higher.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 130 [131]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: