Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Morrison  (Read 47957 times)
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:37:48 »

bwp deal fell through aswell. But i dout plymouth would cry about missing out on 250k

Again shows you are clueless as Plymouth are gagging for money so I am pretty sure they were gutted it fell through.
flammableBen

« Reply #106 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:37:49 »

yeah and yet you still trouble yourself by replying ya cunt

I apologise carbonwhite it was a pretty childish post from me. I was just getting in the spirit of the good old tef meltdown thread. We've been getting back on quota recently after a bit of a drought.

I love it.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:39:00 »

Just out of interest does anyone know if we'll owe anything to Plymouth as part of this deal or was that all wrapped up for cash/compo when we signed him? Would be dire if he had a 40% sell on clause!
bullethead

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:39:08 »

You are a tool of the highest order yes I am sure Fitton would sell his own ass so why has he not accepted the bids for Austin if he is so keen to sell people? Morrison had a clause in his contract so they didn't have a choice on whether to accept.  

Before you start on why did they insert the clause the conversation last season probably went something similar to below:

Fitton: We would like to get Sean to sign a new contract.
Sean's agent: He has not been involved in the first team and you have loaned him to Southend so your not exactly showing he is in your plans.
Fitton: He has lots of potential and we could see him getting stronger and holding down a first team place.
Sean's agent: We will only sign a contract if it includes a release clause so if a club from a higher division comes in with a certain fee then he will be allowed to leave.

So rather than have him not sign a contract risk his contract running down and joining another team and the fee being decided by tribunal Fitton agreed the release clause.

Personally I am happy enough with £250k for a player who has been very hit and miss for us.

Spot on so thank-you for saving me from having to type something almost identical!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:39:15 »

bwp deal fell through aswell. But i dout plymouth would cry about missing out on 250k
As they're currently wading their way though a pile of winding-up orders from HMRC (settled the first one, second one due IIRC) I think they'd be very much of the attitude that they need every spare bit of cash they can lay their hands on.
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:40:59 »

They have very big issues with HRMC at the moment and are pretty much fire-selling the whole squad, so yes i'd imagine the £250k would be useful!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:41:20 »

As I remember it, Morrison, Joyce & Tozer were all signed as frees from Plymouth the same season that Byrne came in.

We had to pay a tribunal fee for Broomfield & Evans.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:41:48 »

Just out of interest does anyone know if we'll owe anything to Plymouth as part of this deal or was that all wrapped up for cash/compo when we signed him? Would be dire if he had a 40% sell on clause!
nope he was released but i believe seb broomfield and dan evans have clauses
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:42:40 »

...and not once he did call fitton a clueless cunt like MR implied?

i never implied that either

carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:43:29 »

Quote from: borgnan link=topic=42298.msg910723#mosg910723 date=1295008859
They have very big issues with HRMC at the moment and are pretty much fire-selling the whole squad, so yes i'd imagine the £250k would be useful!
but with a sell on clause they would only get35k max
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:45:11 »

When you're trying to put together £700k from bits of change you found down the back of Peter Ridsdale's sofa, it all helps. Would you a like a bigger spade for that hole you're digging?
borgnan
Tittle tattler

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:47:59 »

That was the question initially, was he signed from Plymouth or released by them. I'm being led to believe he was released by them, hence no sell on clause. Just saying at a time when they are desperate for any cash income, a player they released is moving for a reported £250k plus, bitter pill to swallow for them.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:48:37 »

I apologise carbonwhite it was a pretty childish post from me. I was just getting in the spirit of the good old tef meltdown thread
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:51:47 »

That was the question initially, was he signed from Plymouth or released by them. I'm being led to believe he was released by them, hence no sell on clause. Just saying at a time when they are desperate for any cash income, a player they released is moving for a reported £250k plus, bitter pill to swallow for them.
probably thought he was too short
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, January 14, 2011, 12:56:27 »

probably thought he was too short
Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: