Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 861   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1266880 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #6045 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:43:27 »

Someone else has to do it.  They take the ticket money you sort out the bars and concessions.  You probably at this stage don't charge the promoters anything more than costs.  Thats the way it would have to work.

Its a massively expanding business.  Whilst I was event managing the Kings of Leon at Wrexham, the same company were starting the Arctic monkeys tour, had Muse in Plymouth, Coldplay on their stadium tour.  Live Nation who I also work for had Burna Boy, Wizkid, RHCP out.  Elton John was doing every stadium going.  Springsteen was out doing stadiums. 

Frankly they are late to be trying to plan for '24 and if they are  intending to do it themselves they are idiots.  You can lose a fuck load as a promoter.  Even good promoters.  Orchard, a company who were doing all the Cardiff Castle shows have just gone down.  And they were people who worked within the business.

Frankly the way STFC business is run I fully expect to see them bring in a complete chancer who claims to know what they're doing and watch him fail and disappear loading debt onto the club.

Bingo.

The idea that this is a slam dunk is for the birds.

KISS recently cancelled their Home Park concert because it wasn't selling.

And as Saxondale points out, 'stadium acts' will have their 2024 shows locked in already.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6046 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:45:19 »

Didn't we have a faintly shit series of concerts with a bunch of 90s pop acts on the same day at some point 8 or so years ago, more recently than Bryan Adams/Elton John?

Wasn't that the Callum Rice driven effort?
Bit more than 8 years ago if it was.
Chucked it down and an all round shambles by all accounts.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #6047 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:46:10 »

Bingo.

The idea that this is a slam dunk is for the birds.

KISS recently cancelled their Home Park concert because it wasn't selling.

And as Saxondale points out, 'stadium acts' will have their 2024 shows locked in already.

Arguable because they put on a concert in an area where the local people weren't asked who they'd want  Wink
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #6048 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:47:22 »

I eagerly await Peter Andre, S Club 4, B*witched and 911 as our headline acts
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #6049 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:48:36 »

Arguable because they put on a concert in an area where the local people weren't asked who they'd want  Wink

I know this is a joke, but our survey isn’t asking the local population either. It’s asking a tiny subsection of what should be target audience (arguably anyone within a couple hour drive)

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6050 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:50:08 »

Wasn't that the Callum Rice driven effort?
Bit more than 8 years ago if it was.
Chucked it down and an all round shambles by all accounts.

Probably. Then PDC and the Lightning Seeds. I bet that lost a lot of money, was very last minute I think?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6051 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 14:54:24 »

This club just kills me. It is so tinpot.

Why in God's name title the article "The County Ground to host concert in 2024"? Is that actually going to happen? It would, unless we want to destroy the pitch and therefore the team, need to happen pre August.

Why not, if you are going to go down this 'Music Industry for Dummies' route, say "Swindon open County Ground Concert Fan Consultation" saying you are doing it with a view to hosting a concert "in the future"?

DMC

« Reply #6052 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:05:07 »

I have never known so many people people in my life be so fucking miserable in one place. There is so much to get angry over at the club but not sure it's worth it for a potential concert is it?

It's madness
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6053 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:07:00 »

I like the 'how old are you?' question, goes up to 58 then "retired"  Cheesy
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #6054 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:07:29 »

I have never known so many people people in my life be so fucking miserable in one place. There is so much to get angry over at the club but not sure it's worth it for a potential concert is it?

It's madness

You beat me to it.

The club are trying to do something different to create more income and have asked for some feedback. Yet all you cunts are knit picking.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #6055 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:08:57 »

It's madness

Surely you've been to a matchday?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6056 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:15:18 »

It's madness

Is that your suggestion as to who the gigs should be by....  Wink Cheesy

As for everything else its got to the stage that literally anything that comes out of the club will be criticised by some, but hey ho it seems to make them happy and keep them busy so what's it got to do with me, one look at the modern media (including SM) and for a large part of the population living in a perpetual state of  outrage seems to be de rigour now, hence why much of the media promote and thrive on it.

RJack

Ignore
« Reply #6057 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:18:25 »

Surely you've been to a matchday?
Quite we could be winning 6-0 and some miserable cunt near me will be moaning at Brewitt or another player
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6058 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:19:26 »

The club shouldn't be knocked for making an effort.
I didn't exist in the age range options so went younger. Fine.

I suspect that if it does happen, then it'll it be either a family friendly event or something aimed at the yoof.
If it's done right & the club makes a profit then it's all good.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #6059 on: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:27:30 »

The club is basically announcing that it is going into a high risk business venture, and on a timescale that is... ambitious.

People should look at that with a critical eye rather than just say well done them for trying.

The cost of putting on concerts has gone through the roof and there is zero guarantee of success, unless we get Taylor Swift or Beyonce, but they are probably forecast out to 2027 and somehow I don't see it..!

Saxondale clearly knows his onions and shares my concerns.

If the club had announced that it was going into partnership with a promoter for a summer concert series I'd be applauding them.

They haven't. If they lose £500k you can kiss your 'competitive budget' goodbye.

And to be clear, this is constructive criticism.

Partner with a promoter and off we go. Own the risk on the other hand...
« Last Edit: Monday, September 11, 2023, 15:31:01 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 403 [404] 405 406 407 ... 861   Go Up
Print
Jump to: