Pages: 1 ... 742 743 744 [745] 746 747 748 ... 868   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1280067 times)
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #11160 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 19:46:55 »

The more games we lose, the more fans that will turn on the club which may help force some form of protest. I can see the logic behind it.

I wouldn’t say personally I want us to lose, I just don’t care any more. Win, lose or draw, I feel the same.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11161 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 20:04:33 »

How long did it take Oyston, the convicted rapist, to leave Blackpool? And when he did go he chose when, not because of fans’ protests.

Tbh, I’ve wanted us to lose to get rid of a manager but that is pretty much a given. Getting rid of an owner has never worked out afaik
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11162 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 20:20:32 »

Has that worked at any club. Ever.

I don’t have the time or inclination to look. I just provided an answer to the question. Personally I still think starving the club of money is the only viable way forward. Unless someone can come forward with a well thought out and researched plan.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11163 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 20:55:55 »

Quote from: Quagmire
Win, lose or draw, I feel the same.

the ace of spades
the ace of spades ...

(isn't that the card of death, seems apt)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11164 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 21:00:20 »

Quote from: Legends-Lounge
Personally I still think starving the club of money is the only viable way forward. Unless someone can come forward with a well thought out and researched plan.

I get what you are saying but the risk there is we take our (very real) possible exit from the EFL and turn it into a certainty. Because sure as hell budgets will be further cut.

Not that I blame people for doing it mind.

If only there was a proper credible alternative waiting to take over with the cash to stabilise and progress us.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #11165 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 22:06:45 »

I wouldn't like a food outlet instead of a shop but yes, a recognised pizza chain that could do deliveries straight off the roundabout 7 days a week would arguably be income generating. It's the same as these grand 'hotel' ideas, partnering with an established chain would be more palatable than going it alone. The last JV scoping survey I had from the Trust was asking things like 'if I'd go to a fanzone on a non matchday to have something to eat'. That's the kind of half baked mentality that's got us exactly where we are.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #11166 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 22:53:30 »

Cant wait for a zany restaurant menu

The Robins Burger
Don Rogers loaded fries
Lee Power smashed pattie
The Taylor Currant bun

''Try our new menu...
The Adam 'Hart Stopper' Wagyu Burger
or
The Anchovy 'Hall' Filet O'fish, specially marinated in bullshit

Every main comes with a side of our signature 'Freeloader Fries'. Stock is available for a limited time, so book your table today and get a free Zav 'Hey Man, I'm Just A Guest!' Austin Keyring. Must quote 'Matchday Guest' when booking. Offers not transferable. VISA accepted. T&Cs apply.''

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #11167 on: Sunday, February 18, 2024, 22:53:47 »

If they close it down for a food outlet that surely means they don't see it as one do they? That's not silly

Agreed but it was in response to my post that it would be a club shop with another revenue generating business. I wasn't suggesting that a club shop isn't revenue generating .
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #11168 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 07:19:54 »

The club shop only generates real revenue on match days, any other time it probably struggles to run at a profit so yeah I can see why in this day and age an online superstore makes sense. Maybe on match days they can have a pop up shop or something on the concourse in the stands. Letting out that space would actually be a logical idea.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11169 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 08:05:06 »

I get what you are saying but the risk there is we take our (very real) possible exit from the EFL and turn it into a certainty. Because sure as hell budgets will be further cut.

Not that I blame people for doing it mind.

If only there was a proper credible alternative waiting to take over with the cash to stabilise and progress us.

Well, see, if individuals ARE making offers to buy the club then why are they not being entertained to do so? In addition, by keeping the club going and continually paying through ticket sales and other revenue streams it only encourages those in power to keep going. They only keep going because there’s money in it for them. As I have said many times they’re not here for altruistic reasons. Money talks, money makes money and somewhere in some way they ARE making money. If you want to kill the serpent you cut off its head, financially speaking.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 19, 2024, 08:16:13 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11170 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 08:33:45 »

That depends on whether they are making their money from the footballing side of the business or ‘other avenues’. Maybe the hangers on have far more sway with what Clem can and cannot do than we think.

If Clem is seeing his Axis business crumbling - in the UK anyway - how and why would he continue to pump money into the club - if, indeed, he has/is. There’s far more to this than Clem just ‘owning’ a football club.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #11171 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 09:15:48 »

Some single storey units built where the fixtures board is and let out to businesses could work if permission was given and would be a good idea. Requires investment.

Carving the shop up and trying to sell burgers from Bookers cash and carry themselves will fall on its arse.

Knowing this lot, theyll go for the half baked cheap option.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #11172 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 09:22:48 »

That depends on whether they are making their money from the footballing side of the business or ‘other avenues’. Maybe the hangers on have far more sway with what Clem can and cannot do than we think.

If Clem is seeing his Axis business crumbling - in the UK anyway - how and why would he continue to pump money into the club - if, indeed, he has/is. There’s far more to this than Clem just ‘owning’ a football club.

Of course there is, same goes with all football clubs I suspect.

Remember he pumped £1.15m was it into the club for a 10% share and profits on transfer dealings. The question now therefore is he throwing good money after bad to recoup his original investment when infact all he’s doing is getting in deeper and deeper without any light at the end of the tunnel? If he is indeed putting his own additional money into the club is he in danger of losing that as well as the original investment? Or are his actions a holding position until Standing has resolved his spat with Power? If that is a yes then it is likely to answer many questions not least the direction of the club. Once Power v Standing has been resolved then I suspect Clem will be off one way or another. The cost cutting is a desperate attempt to keep the boat afloat long enough to divest himself of the club and its liabilities aka running costs which I think may have caught him out TBF. If and when he does go as has been said, who do we end up with? Another shower of nare do wells with shady backgrounds looking to milk a cash cow or someone with substance and integrity who can make this club what it should be and have a vision to take it forward properly.

I’m fed up of putting hard earned money into something that does not offer me anything but false hope and is infact in a position worse than when I started following the club in the early 70’s.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #11173 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 10:27:34 »

Perhaps, in the spirit of *some* of the no doubt baseless rumours about what the club ownership are up to, a branch of Los Pollos Hermanos?

Los Petirrojos Swindanos! (I wish I could draw, that would be a fun mock up logo...)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11174 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 13:57:02 »

I'm surprised they haven't just stuck a Launderette's in there and at some point Zav will need a classroom to get the Scholarships sorted I presume, so that the kids from Karachi can get their lessons from our substantial Coaching pool.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 744 [745] 746 747 748 ... 868   Go Up
Print
Jump to: