Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: points about bradford game  (Read 4063 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 12:26:22 »

well, i didnt think it was that one sided, i thought we deserved the draw, however a couple of points.

jerel played well and he was man marking bridge-wilkinson, now the problem with this is that he gets dragged out of position and when this happens we dont cover and we go dead crap.

gurney was bloody awful yesterday, im no anti-gurney but he was fuckin useless, off the pace and distribution awful.

shakes lost interest, after about 10 minutes he had to race head to head with their full back to cover defensively, the defender was quicker than him, and ricky is basically a one trick pony and that trick is his pace. he realised at that moment he couldnt beat their defender and was pretty invisible and ineffective for the rest of the game.

one last thing, rhys' goal kicks every time went to shakes, there must have been 25 kicks and shakes did not win one of them, why did he not try and kick it to someone else?

good away point and i feel we can beat the pikeys and the doleites this week and move us closer to safety.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 12:32:43 »

i think we will win our next two games as well. both poor teams away from home and with our recent home record we start as favourites
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 12:42:11 »

how did Roberts play mex?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 13:05:42 »

on the radio it sounded like everyone woke up when he came on
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 13:13:25 »

I thought it didn't sound that one sided, sounded like a very poor game which sprung to life when Bradfords fans decided to make some noise.

Draw sounded fair to me.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 13:37:59 »

Well to be honest who cares about how good the game is? The fact is we got a good away point and as long as we remain solid we can keep progressing
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 14:12:01 »

Yes lets all slate our two best players- Ifil and Shakes- for a not quite so good 70 minutes.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 14:40:24 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Yes lets all slate our two best players- Ifil and Shakes- for a not quite so good 70 minutes.

Reality check needed.

Ifil was and will remain a total liability. Just as likely to make a huge mistake as to make a saving tackle.

Shakes was embarrassingly poor yesterday. He has very limited footballing sense. Mexico was right. Take away his pace and he has ... nothing.

We are in deep trouble if those two are our best players.
DMR

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 14:44:13 »

On current form, I should add.

I don't bother reading your comments on Ifil because they're always- and have always- been total vitriol. As for Shakes, he's young, learning and is getting regualr first team football for the first time in his career.

If you want instant perfection then fuck off and watch Chelsea's wingers.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 15:01:54 »

On current form, I should add.

I don't bother reading your comments on Ifil because they're always- and have always- been total vitriol. As for Shakes, he's young, learning and is getting regualr first team football for the first time in his career.

If you want instant perfection then fuck off and watch Chelsea's wingers.

Dave never assume its vitriol because people see different things to you.  

You weren't there yesterday and so cannot comment about how crap Shakes was.  Everything seemed to go down the right  and NOTHING came of it.

Oh - and your hyphens are in the wrong place.  English students - I've sh?t 'em.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 15:05:24 »

I've never made myself out to be a- Language- student  Wink

Perhaps lumping everything out to the right wing is making Shakes' task impossible?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 15:09:25 »

I wasnt there yesterday but Ifil has been solid under Iffy and has been out best player in recent weeks.
jim

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 15:09:43 »

I've never made myself out to be a- Language- student  Wink

Perhaps lumping everything out to the right wing is making Shakes' task impossible?

Maybe so, but the reality is that the effective use of whatever gets there was missing yesterday and Shakes was an embarassment.

Implying that we expect instant success isn't a fair comment.  We hope that someone who is holding down a professional players contract can at least trap/control/distribute sometimes and that was sorely missing yesterday.
DMR

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 15:15:25 »

Granted, but I'm satisfied that Shakes is doing enough to warrant a contract extension... he's improving, the general consensus from the training staff is that he's learning quickly, by all accounts he's the last one off the training field every day and he seems football mad. He's got a goal to work towards (a potential WC place) and people doing their level best to bring him down winds me up, he tries his nuts off and deserves our support.

You backed Nicholas last season when he frankly couldn't be arsed...
jim

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, February 12, 2006, 15:27:43 »

Granted, but I'm satisfied that Shakes is doing enough to warrant a contract extension... he's improving, the general consensus from the training staff is that he's learning quickly, by all accounts he's the last one off the training field every day and he seems football mad. He's got a goal to work towards (a potential WC place) and people doing their level best to bring him down winds me up, he tries his nuts off and deserves our support.

You backed Nicholas last season when he frankly couldn't be arsed...

I think that last comment is vapour - a) because I didn't and wouldn't and b) because he didn't play because for some reason that only King (and Banbury Red and his inner-sanctum cronies) know.

Did you bang your head in your accident, because you are definitely slipping!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: