Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Match EVER at the County Ground  (Read 5410 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 23:06:47 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
The worrying thing is I honestly cant remember a single match ive been to and I sometimes go sober.

Let that be a lesson kids..

Stay in school and just say no!

I'm digging the fro bro....
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 23:11:30 »

Its an emo haircut Reg!

Im well into Emo now Cool

/
W56196272
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 13, 2006, 00:46:21 »

Norwich in the Prem was a class - 3-3 wasn't it?
Spud

« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 13, 2006, 06:20:56 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

It was indeed, i can remember the line for the Stratton Bank tickets went half way down the CG extension pitch.
We got near the front and was told that tickets were sold out, then all the Swindon fans put scarves,shirts etc firmly hidden under their jackets and we all went in the Away fans part of the bank. When we got the first equaliser all the Swindon lot were going mental and a fight then broke out and we ended up being put into the Shrivenham Road.

The game was 3-3.  Cheesy
normy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 13, 2006, 07:42:55 »

The FA Cup win 3-1 against West Ham, with their World Cup Stars, 1967. Rogers mesmerised their defence, think I felt a bit sorry for Bobby Moore.  Shocked

ust be the oldest
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, January 14, 2006, 00:06:10 »

Don Rogers 2:0 Liverpool, 1970/71 League Cup.

Thst season Liverpool conceeded 18 goals in 42 league games, a record.

There were only two players that the great Leeds United team man-marked, one was George Best, the other was Don Rogers.

Rogers always looked like he was moving at walking pace, the players chasing after him looked like they were about to drop dead from over exertion.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, January 14, 2006, 00:11:32 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "Boeta"

It was indeed, i can remember the line for the Stratton Bank tickets went half way down the CG extension pitch.
We got near the front and was told that tickets were sold out, then all the Swindon fans put scarves,shirts etc firmly hidden under their jackets and we all went in the Away fans part of the bank. When we got the first equaliser all the Swindon lot were going mental and a fight then broke out and we ended up being put into the Shrivenham Road.

The game was 3-3.  Cheesy

i was mascot that day  Cheesy  Shocked

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
kaufman

« Reply #52 on: Saturday, January 14, 2006, 00:44:29 »

gonna show my age here but

swindon 4-2 chester
bamber 2, wade , barnard

that was a great night when we got promoted and was the start of great few years!

swindon3-1 tranmere
playoff game has to be in there for me 2 goals scored in the first 2 minutes and that tranmere defender was at fault for all 3 goals! fucking funny!
away leg was even more special but i know that does not count!

swindon 2-2 man utd
just absolutly bizzare watching giggs, keane and cantona on our pitch and us at points of the game out playing them! who was it who punched mark hughes in the face again when he ran into the crowd? Soapy Tit Wank

yep id have the stoke one in there too!

the blackburn 4-3 i think when the fog was so bad you could not even see foley getting the winner! was that not the bizarre shearer goal in that game where the defender tried to clear the ball on the shrivenham side touchline about 35 yards out , it hit shearer on the knee flew at the goal and lobbed the keeper? sounds amazing but i have it on video somewhere!
kaufman

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, January 14, 2006, 00:47:46 »

Quote from: "Christy"
Top Five or Seven

Arsenal 4-3 in 79
Pox 3-2 82?, smoke bombs the lot
Chester 4-2 to go up in 86, 12000 yeah sure
Gillingham 2-1 in 87, Charlie's celebrations...
QPR 1-0 in 94, first win "we only needed ten men..."
Peterboro 2-1 to stay up
Bristol City 2-1 this season, as emotional as the best of them

Priceless

from swindonfc.co.uk
8 APR Chester City Home 4-2 12,630 Bamber 2, Wade, Barnard
SwindonStevo

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, January 14, 2006, 00:54:22 »

Swindon 4-1 Oxford
Swindon 6-0 Huddersfield
land_of_bo

« Reply #55 on: Saturday, January 14, 2006, 10:39:18 »

That chester 4-2 was my first game. the only other time I have sat in the arkells/north stand was this season against yeovil. we won 4-2

perhaps I should make a habit of it?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 14, 2006, 14:55:35 »

i seen some good games at the old CG but for me it just has to be peterborough 00/01 season! the best end to a game ive ever experienced with danny's wonder goal at the end! what a day!
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, January 15, 2006, 11:34:21 »

Quote from: "kaufman"
gonna show my age here but

swindon 4-2 chester
bamber 2, wade , barnard

that was a great night when we got promoted and was the start of great few years!

swindon3-1 tranmere
playoff game has to be in there for me 2 goals scored in the first 2 minutes and that tranmere defender was at fault for all 3 goals! fucking funny!
away leg was even more special but i know that does not count!

swindon 2-2 man utd
just absolutly bizzare watching giggs, keane and cantona on our pitch and us at points of the game out playing them! who was it who punched mark hughes in the face again when he ran into the crowd? Soapy Tit Wank

yep id have the stoke one in there too!

the blackburn 4-3 i think when the fog was so bad you could not even see foley getting the winner! was that not the bizarre shearer goal in that game where the defender tried to clear the ball on the shrivenham side touchline about 35 yards out , it hit shearer on the knee flew at the goal and lobbed the keeper? sounds amazing but i have it on video somewhere!

Some good games there.

Yes the Blackburn game was the one with Shearer's goal in. I have the 89-90 goals video with that one, I'm sure if they tried that 100 times it would never go in again. And the fog as you say, what a change from the first half when it was clear.

The Tranmere game, the defender was Steve Vickers. He had a shocker that day, as you say he helped us with all 3 goals. I'm pretty sure he lost the ball to us when we made it 2-2 at their place as well so he could have been at fault for 4 goals in total.
lumpimynci

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 21:59:54 »

Norwich in the Prem was a class

......up 'til the point that fecker Sutton blatently shoved "the killer" over then picked up the ball and ran on to score. Bastard.
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, January 22, 2006, 23:21:30 »

Swindon v Chester 4-2 without doubt..............
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: