Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Match EVER at the County Ground  (Read 5415 times)
STFC Village

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 15:31:51 »

Either the 6-0 win against Hudds, or the 3-2 comeback win over Sheff Weds
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 15:32:06 »

There have been many in fairness.  Here are a few to throw into the mixer:

Sunderland (Milk Cup) 1985 3-2
Sheff Wed (Milk Cup) 1985 1-0
Sunderland (League) 1991 5-3 (first meeting after the 1990 playoff final)

There are loads of others but I don't want to be greedy Wink
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 15:33:59 »

When we did Huddersfield 6-0 in a midweek game was sweet, so was the peterborough game when danny scored that goal

These are the two that i thought of straight away seeing as i've only been a supporter for ten years.The Huddersfield game was weird,didn't we score all the goals really close together?
I'm useless with remembering games though,its quite scary to think about all the games i must have seen over the years Smiley
Oh and any game beating the pox was sweet too!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 15:36:36 »

Quote from: "larwood"

When we did Huddersfield 6-0 in a midweek game was sweet, so was the peterborough game when danny scored that goal

These are the two that i thought of straight away seeing as i've only been a supporter for ten years.The Huddersfield game was weird,didn't we score all the goals really close together?
I'm useless with remembering games though,its quite scary to think about all the games i must have seen over the years Smiley
Oh and any game beating the pox was sweet too!

Boring start.. 4 goals before half time, 2 straight after, boring end...

or at least thats the way I remember it!

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 15:53:55 »

Boring start.. 4 goals before half time, 2 straight after, boring end...

Thats how i remembered it too Smiley It was a bizarre game.
The Sheffield Wednesday was an amazing game as well,how could i have forgotten it Oops

And fate has just
Spud

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 15:56:11 »

For emotion reasons, Peterborough at Home when Danny Invincible screamed that ball into the net in the last few minutes to make sure we stayed up. Ive never celebrated a goal like that in my life.
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 15:57:26 »

Ive never celebrated a goal like that in my life

As i've said before,i was crying at the end of that game,and i ain't ashamed to admit it Smiley

And fate has just

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:00:08 »

Quote from: "MR BEN"
The play-offs in 90, against Blackburn, when we won 2-1, promotion
seemed so close it was scary.

The town end was on form that day.

remember it well,before the final whistle nearly everyone had climbed the fences and surrounded the pitch.with the game still in play.when that whistle went it was fucking bedlam
loads of people on the dug outs dancing and singing.what a great night that was.
didn't we win that game 3-1 though ?
mattboyslim

« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:02:01 »

I remeber that goal so well, seem to think Mildy (not sure?) and Reeves conspired to make it 1-1 with a 20 yard own goal and I was convinced we were doomed.  

I like the games that mightn't be the best quality but the result means a lot, even in desperately poor relegation bound teams (we've had a few) the odd win after months of destitiution means so much more than winning week in weeek out IMHO.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:03:11 »

I enjoyed it when we lost to Middlesborough (2-1?) when they had Ravanelli, Emerson etc playing after their relegation from the Premiership. We were top at the time (as we'd played loads more games than anyone else, and noone good!) so there was loads of "We are top of the league" chanting etc

Wasn't this George Ndah's debut? I seem to remember him scoring a great goal and also Merson scoring after our keeper kicked it straight to him? Of course I may be thinking of a different Swindon v Middlesbrough game?

My most memorable has to be the Game against Leicester at wembley for obvious reason but as others have said the Peterborough game was special too.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:05:57 »

Just realised games at County Ground, Obviously the Leicester game wasn't at the CG Oops
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:06:22 »

Not been a fan for all that long I suppose so it is hard.
Sheffield Wednseday 3-2 was good, and the fact that we carried on chanting as we conceded to Hull last year was quality too.

4-1 and you're getting wet
4-2 and you're getting wet
 Cheesy
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:11:59 »

Quote from: "arriba"
remember it well,before the final whistle nearly everyone had climbed the fences and surrounded the pitch.with the game still in play.when that whistle went it was fucking bedlam
loads of people on the dug outs dancing and singing.what a great night that was.

i think i can just about remember that game. i was only about 8 or 9 but remember running on the pitch & my uncle put me on top of those lovely old concrete dugouts. well good! wasn't aloud to go to the final though coz i was too small  Crying

some of the best games from my memory were during our coca-cola cup run in 94/95. the semi-final against bolton was good but the night game against millwall really sticks out. 3-0 & fjortofts super goal from the corner of the box  Cheesy
MR BEN

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:28:21 »

Quote from: "MR BEN"
The play-offs in 90, against Blackburn, when we won 2-1, promotion
seemed so close it was scary.

The town end was on form that day.

didn't we win that game 3-1 though ?

Great days, no 2-1, goals from Shearer and white, we won the away leg 2-1 as well, goals from white and foley
land_of_bo

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, January 12, 2006, 16:30:35 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"

i think i can just about remember that game. i was only about 8 or 9 but remember running on the pitch & my uncle put me on top of those lovely old concrete dugouts. well good! wasn't aloud to go to the final though coz i was too small  Crying

some of the best games from my memory were during our coca-cola cup run in 94/95. the semi-final against bolton was good but the night game against millwall really sticks out. 3-0 & fjortofts super goal from the corner of the box  Cheesy

Yeah I was on the roof of the dugout, and stood by the corner flag when a blackburn player was trying to  take a corner, it was ace.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: