Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fallon  (Read 2753 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 21:43:52 »

Will we keep hold of him?? Considering every club in the league now thinks they are gonna sign him plus a few others I think the board really do need to tie him down now. Hopefully he repays us for having the faith in him.
Asher

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 22:12:15 »

Faith? We threw him out on loan and only reason we kept him was cos parkin was sold.  We signed two strikers and he was lucky they were shit else he wouldnt have got a look in. Fair play hes taken his chance tho and is playing well
Elsterap

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 22:17:49 »

Quote from: "Asher"
We threw him out on loan and only reason we kept him was cos parkin was sold.  We signed two strikers and he was lucky they were shit else he wouldnt have got a look in.

Agreed.  And he is replaceable, at the right price i wouldnt be too unhappy to see him leave and a replacement brought in.  Althought knowing our club if we sell him we'll have Holgate playing upfront next.
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 22:18:22 »

I still think he's a bit shit.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 22:39:46 »

Who's after him then?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 12, 2005, 22:49:43 »

According to different sites: Doncaster, Southend, Millwall, Plymouth and a few others I've forgotten.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 16:51:57 »

he trys hard...makes him look better than the rest sometimes. is improving but i think if we had a decent goalscoring striker he wouldn't get in.
Northern Red

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 16:56:08 »

Quote from: "Johno"
he trys hard...makes him look better than the rest sometimes. is improving but i think if we had a decent goalscoring striker he wouldn't get in.

but we don't - so why are we talking about trying to get rid of the only thing that's won us our few games this season.

The winner at Rotherham, the winner against Bristol City - they might not have seemed like much, but being in the right place at the right time does not happen by accident, he created that space for himself and he meant to be there.

Fallon in - if he's sold even for 500k - Iffy will be given nothing to replace him with and we'll be relegated with Shakes and Holgate playing up front - Get a grip guys  :|
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 21:38:56 »

i think Fallon will stay! end off!
STFC Village

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 21:41:34 »

Quote from: "Rich"
I agree, although i'm touching wood while posting this....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 22:08:33 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"

Pervert!! Is it not difficult to type with one hand? :roll:

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
STFC Village

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 13, 2005, 22:41:05 »

Quote from: "Edinburgh_STFC"
Quote from: "STFC Village"

Pervert!! Is it not difficult to type with one hand? :roll:
One hand? I was typing with my nose! Cheesy
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2005, 14:14:02 »

I would have thought it more likely he'll stay and we'll flog him end of the season to avoid the Bosman free scenario. Would be suicide to sell him now ...

Mind you, we've done stupider things over the years.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 14, 2005, 14:24:40 »

Chris - currently his contract is set to expire at the end of the season, so we will lose him on a bosman if he does not leave in the January transfer window and he does not sign a new contract.

Personally, I've always been a big fan of Fallon.  Even when he was on the bench with Parkin and Mooney on fire, he came in and did a stirling job, and was invaluable in our playoff push.  The game at Kenilworth Road where he scored a brace in a 3-0 victory, and his goal in the playoff semi final second leg made him a firm favourite with me.

I personally think he's quality and suffers from Crouch syndrome - he's big so naturally people think his strengths lie in the air and he can't play football.  Having played with a target man for many years - Parkin,  Fallon etc. all handy in the air.  It is not since Invincibile that we have attacked in a style that would suit the smaller player, in which Thorpe and Cureton both would thrive.  I think Fallon is quality, and it is only because we have been spoilt with Parkin in recent years that some people don't appreciate him fully.
Melksham Red

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, December 18, 2005, 11:15:33 »

Get rid. He's fucking crap. Couldn't make the team in a midtable squad last year, now he's our top man. Were fucked.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: