Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sabin's Header, Cureton's Strike  (Read 7753 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 14:32:35 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "Piemonte"
Who plays on the wings and supplies the ammunition for them then Arriba?

any 2 of these
bouazza,shakes,nickalau,stroud,also roberts would be perfect wide right if he put some effort in.
our current so called style has us way down the league

A big long list there. Pity they are either usless (Nicholau and shakes because he cant cross) untried (stroud) or prefer to play up front (Roberts, Bouazza)

If we actually had some quality (and reliable) wingers I'd be all for a move to 4-4-2. However we dont.

And as for our "so -called style" King put us bottom, not Iffy. As I've said elsewhere hes just picking up the pieces of kings regime.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 14:33:09 »

stroud isn't untried, he's skill.
Piemonte

« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 14:37:40 »

untried in the sense he's got 1.5 games worth of experience in the 1st team.

He did look ok mind, but I dont think changing the entire system of play is worth it to accomodate a midget striker and a decent looking, but still young left winger.
Northern Red

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 15:01:06 »

Stroud was excellent at Huddersfield and to be honest I don't know why Iffy dropped him...deserves another chance and a bench place ahead of some others...
mattboyslim

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 15:05:02 »

I think injury forced stroud off against Scunny (?) at half time.  To be honest he hadn't overwhelmed me in that half, but I might have been expecting too much after hearing how well he did at Huddersfield.
Piemonte

« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 15:06:34 »

He went off at half time in the 1st boston game. Is he fit again now?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 16:48:56 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

But whilst results haven't all been terrible, they haven't all been great and some have been shocking. Not just barnsley at home, what about Boston home and away and Peterborough, Franchise, port vale home.

Boston and P'boro were in the cup, so honestly I dont give a fuck.

Franchise, Iffy had been incharge less than a week and hadnt had time to bring his own players in.

We were that bad Port Vale at home, we deserved more than a 2-1 defeat.

What about the good performances at Huddersfield, Port Vale, Brentford, Bristol City & Rotherham (wasnt good, but was solid)

We are a better team under Iffy. The performances have got better and the results are slowly getting better as well.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 17:01:45 »

Blah blah blah blah blah etc. etc.

You know cup runs can make us a lot of money, money that we desperately need so it's very important.

In all seriousness I was pretty pissed off to be out of all cups at this stage. Last year people were moaning when we went out in a area semi final in the ldv. Going out at this stage is a lot worse.

Iffy is totally culpable for Franchise. You're missing the point anyway, it was about whether Cureton can improve us not whether Iffy is doing a good job.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 18:24:52 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Blah blah blah blah blah etc. etc.

You know cup runs can make us a lot of money, money that we desperately need so it's very important.

In all seriousness I was pretty pissed off to be out of all cups at this stage. Last year people were moaning when we went out in a area semi final in the ldv. Going out at this stage is a lot worse.

Iffy is totally culpable for Franchise. You're missing the point anyway, it was about whether Cureton can improve us not whether Iffy is doing a good job.

King was never bothered about the cups either, we were always crap in them under him apart from the odd run in the LDV, wow!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: