Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sabin's Header, Cureton's Strike  (Read 7755 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:11:28 »

but the results havent been that bad, have they?

Bar Barnsley at home we have been playing alright and picking up points.

The performances have also been so much better under Iffy, and he certainly hasnt dragged to 7 straight defeats....
Piemonte

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:13:39 »

Both results and performances under Iffy have been better. FACT.

He is also doing that with a squad him inherited, and may not be to his taste apart from the few loan signings.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:17:06 »

Some of the performances have been better, some the same (i.e. piss poor)  DOUBLE FACT NO RETURNS

As Pie says, his hands are tied regarding inherited squad and loans. Still think we needed a midfielder more than Crouchwski, but who knows who he tried to get in and failed...
mattboyslim

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:19:06 »

Ben, did you say that when results are shit you need to chnage things.  That almost for a moment read like you thought gettign rid of King was a good idea! Wink
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:25:57 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"
Ben, did you say that when results are shit you need to chnage things.  That almost for a moment read like you thought gettign rid of King was a good idea! Wink

It would have made more sense to change the problem areas rather than our stronger ones.
Spud

« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:27:33 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "mattboyslim"

It would have made more sense to change the problem areas rather than our stronger ones.

What were our stronger areas?. :roll:
Piemonte

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:30:19 »

Mods, can we have a poll thread please?

"Have we improved under Iffy?"
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:31:39 »

Quote from: "DV85"
but the results havent been that bad, have they?

Bar Barnsley at home we have been playing alright and picking up points.

The performances have also been so much better under Iffy, and he certainly hasnt dragged to 7 straight defeats....

What's 7 straight defeats got to do with anything. Yes he has done better than Gary Johnson.

But whilst results haven't all been terrible, they haven't all been great and some have been shocking. Not just barnsley at home, what about Boston home and away and Peterborough, Franchise, port vale home.

If you're winning every game and the team is looking strong there's no need to try anything different but I think there's room for improvement and Cureton's worth another go.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:34:41 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

We've already had that one, I'd be more interested in a poll of Should cureton get another go or should we keep things as they are.
Spud

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:36:19 »

Id give Cureton another go, what harm would it do?.

I wouldnt bother with Thorpe he's had plenty of chances.
Piemonte

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:37:16 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "Piemonte"

We've already had that one, I'd be more interested in a poll of Should cureton get another go or should we keep things as they are.

True, but we've played at least another 5 games since that poll, so I think it would still have a point and peoples opinions may have changed.

Fair enough, lets have a poll about cureton too. more the merrier.

I think we (the TEF) should actually manage the club as a democracy, and our desions be legally binding to the club :|
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:44:50 »

The players under Iffy look more enthusiatic (sp?), more committed (apart from Roberts), and look more passionate about games. These all help in dog-fights.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 13:51:16 »

Quote from: "arriba"
we should play 4,4,2 with cureton and fallon upfront.
cureton has gone away and found his form,which is what we wanted.as he is our player already,i dont see it as a gamble.
iffy should fuck roberts and thorpe out the door,big headed useless tossers

I'm not sure why there is this assumption that if Cureton comes back he will play as well for us banging goals in every week?  he may have found his form however that is because he fits into Colchester far better than he did for us.  I think it will be an anti-climax for him coming back to Swindon where he had a bad start to the season.  If that was me I would be far happier staying at a team I know I could perform well in and play first team football every week.

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 14:00:57 »

who has assumed he will play as well for us?
he wasn't scoring but now is,surely worth another chance
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 14:02:39 »

I wasn't saying you were all I was saying is that there seems a lot of talk about getting him back as we need him to score goals etc. not just on this thread.  Maybe he is worth another chance just hope its not a disappointment if or when he does return.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: