Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sabin's Header, Cureton's Strike  (Read 7872 times)
fatbury

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 08:50:00 »

I KNEW ... we MUST get him back!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 08:55:43 »

FFS get this bloke back, we need to change our system (ie play football) to accomodate a player who can score and is contracted to us for another 18 months.  

Ship Fallon out, especially if that £250k to Plymouth thing is gospel!!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 08:59:22 »

If he comes back and doesn't score then we know sometings up behind the scenes. If I remember rightly, he did say he wanted to come back didn't he?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 09:28:28 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
If he comes back and doesn't score then we know sometings up behind the scenes. If I remember rightly, he did say he wanted to come back didn't he?

Or could it be that we have as much quality as a 20 year old Lada and as much creativity as someone taking their unmade bed to the Turner prize exhibit.

In short some (a lot) of the problem is that we don't create enough quality chances for him. I don't see him as a battler/dig in player either.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 10:35:31 »

Please Iffy bring him back when the loan expires.

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=5058

JAMIE Cureton feels his County Ground career is over ­ despite rediscovering his goalscoring touch.

The striker’s successful loan stint at Colchester ends on New Year’s Day but he believes it is in the interest of all parties if a permanent deal is struck.

That decision ultimately rests with Iffy Onuora and Cureton feels he does not figure in the Town boss’ plans.

The 30-year-old said: “My gut feeling is that I won’t be coming back because I’ve been allowed out on loan in the first place and I’ve been allowed to extend that stay even though I’ve been scoring goals.

“I’ve come here and proved what I can do. I couldn’t have done any more.

“Iffy will have to make a decision if he thinks I can come back and reproduce the same thing at Swindon.

“But there is no guarantee that I will and he might want to use my wages to bring in some of his own players, which he has done already.

“Iffy is doing well with the players he’s brought in and the team seems to be picking up a bit and he may feel that he doesn’t need me.

“I’ve spoken to Iffy a couple of times since I’ve been down here.

“He said he didn’t want to bring me back to have me sat on the bench again and go back to what it was like at the start of the season when I really wasn’t enjoying my football at all.”

Cureton arrived in Wiltshire in the summer as one half of a much-vaunted new strike pairing alongside Tony Thorpe.

The duo failed to make any impact in the shadow of Rory Fallon and while Thorpe continues to wait in the wings, Cureton was given a chance to regain some confidence by Colchester manager Phil Parkinson.

He proved an immediate hit, and has netted seven times for the U’s after getting himself on the scoresheet again last night.

The former Bristol Rovers and QPR man admits life at Layer Road is more to his liking.

“It’s going very well for me here and I’m really enjoying it,” he said.

“They are pleased with me. I haven’t had any conversations about staying yet but I’d be happy to.

“I’ve come to a club doing well and full of confidence and playing a way that suits my style.

“The way we were playing at Swindon there wasn’t a role that suited me. Tony Thorpe has had the same problem.

“Iffy likes to play one up front with wide men in support. It’s a system that suits Rory (Fallon), but not me.

“At Colchester we play 4-4-2 with wide men getting crosses into the box.

“That’s football. Certain players suit certain clubs and systems.

“I struggled for form and confidence at Swindon but I scored on my debut at Colchester and haven’t looked back.”

Cureton doesn’t even fancy a fleeting festive return to the County Ground when the two clubs meet in League One on Boxing Day ­ less than a week before the current loan deal expires.

He is not permitted to play in the fixture and is likely to stay away altogether.

But if Onuora does decide to hand Cureton a reprieve, the little poacher will answer the call come the New Year.

He added: “It would be nice to see some of the lads but it might be wise to stay away from the game on Boxing Day ­ I’m not sure what reception I’ll get from the fans.

“A couple of days later my loan finishes, so depending on what decisions other people make I could be back playing for Swindon on January 2 ­ who knows?

“I’m under contract at Swindon, it is the club I signed for and if they want me back I’ll come back and give 100 per cent to get them out of trouble.

“But I don’t want to go back and be in the same situation I was before, given all the hard work I’ve put in to get my season going again.”

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
McLovin

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 10:36:43 »

Our team is incapable of creating the chances Curo needs to score, we aren't a very creative side.  He's bettor off leaving.
Northern Red

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 10:49:39 »

Quote from: "janaage"
FFS get this bloke back, we need to change our system (ie play football) to accomodate a player who can score and is contracted to us for another 18 months.  

Are you Andy King?

That's what he did and it didn't work - you play to the team's strength and not the strengths of one individual.

If Cureton doesn't fit into our current team leave him where he is and hope Colly want to buy him...

Can I remind you that our current team has a record of W3, D5, L2 in the last 10 matches - I don't want that team to change if they keep doing that...and neither should you.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 10:57:19 »

our team has no style though,we were lucky on saturday and the entertainment value has been wank.
what are our teams strengths as i dont know what they are.
we are just battling our way through games and getting the odd win.is that good enough?
fatbury

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:10:37 »

So who is doing Curetons job in the team now??

I see him in the first eleven myself

Evans
Jenkins O'Hanlon Comyn-Platt Nicholas
Pook Gurney Migz Bouazza
Fallon Cureton
subs Heaton McDermott Roberts Ifil Smith

That looks a good side!
STFC Village

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:13:38 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Our team is incapable of creating the chances Curo needs to score, we aren't a very creative side.  He's bettor off leaving.
I have to agree with that. Despite small advances made by the team under Iffy, we still don't create many chances. Certainly none for anyone lacking in pace or height anyway......

Might as well take him off of the wage budget and let Iffy bring someone in who may be more effective
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:16:12 »

Fucking disgrace, people who rather see long ball football with Fallon up front on his own than a player who has proved that when you play football he'll score.

My fingers are crossed Iffy's hand will be forced with the board choosing to cash in on Fallon.  Come back Curi all is forgiven.

I've had enough of watching shit football, play the ball on the deck and reap the rewards.
Northern Red

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:17:51 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
So who is doing Curetons job in the team now??

I see him in the first eleven myself

Evans
Jenkins O'Hanlon Comyn-Platt Nicholas
Pook Gurney Migz Bouazza
Fallon Cureton
subs Heaton McDermott Roberts Ifil Smith

That looks a good side!

Bouazza should be playing off Fallon's shoulder not out on the left wing - play Stroud he was ace at Huddersfield...

Cureton should stay where he is and the team should be kept unchanged - is climbing the table not enough for some people  :x
STFC Village

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:20:33 »

Fucking disgrace, people who rather see long ball football with Fallon up front on his own than a player who has proved that when you play football he'll score
I never said i enjoyed watching that style of football Jan, nor did anyone else. We are merely pointing out that this team lacks the necessary skill to play attractive, flowing, passing-on-the deck football, as much as we'd like them to.

Therefore, we should stick to our strengths. It's obvious that Cureton can't fit into the side, as proved before. It isn't his fault, as he obviously still has what it takes to score goals. Just not for us
McLovin

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:22:23 »

Fucking disgrace, people who rather see long ball football with Fallon up front on his own than a player who has proved that when you play football he'll score.

My fingers are crossed Iffy's hand will be forced with the board choosing to cash in on Fallon.  Come back Curi all is forgiven.

I've had enough of watching shit football, play the ball on the deck and reap the rewards.

No one would rather see long ball, but that is all our players are capable of.  No one is good enough to conjure up a well worked move resulting in a 'fox-in-the-box' finisher like Cureton tucking one away. We either aren't good enough, or Iffy isn't capable of getting our team to play that way.  You can see by his transfer activity (getting rid of Curo, bringing in that big Polish donkey) that he has one plan that he is going to stick by.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2005, 11:25:37 »

Sorry Jan that's crap. We would all rather see entertaining football on the deck, but this team just isn't capable.

However thinking about it , I'll take a number of scrappy, crappy 1-0 wins over a number of free flowing 4-3 losses right now. I just don't think the latter option is on offer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: