Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One player you'd like to see in the current side from.....  (Read 2738 times)
Dazzza

« on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:03:56 »

Town sides from in the past 5, 10 and 15 years and the reason(s).

Not necessarily looking for the 'best' player or favourites more the man to sort the team out and dig us out of the shithole.

Younger and more absent minded posters may confer here...

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/

List answers 1. 2. and 3.

Nils

« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:07:26 »

1 Glenn Hoddle - His excellent passing would release pressure of of the midfield.
2 Sam Parkin - We keep losing by 1 goal and he is the man that would sort that out.
3 Alan Reeves - Hardly needs an explanation.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:08:23 »

luc nijholt
scott leitch
alan mcloughlin

...not necessarily favourites (otherwise fjortoft & cuervo would be in there!) but would be ace to have them back. would add some grit & determination to the squad, and experience.
land_of_bo

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:11:11 »

OK.

1. Last 10 years. Kevin Horlock from 1995-96 to sort the midfield out and weigh in with a few goals.
2. Last 15 years. John Gittens from 1990 to sort the defence out.
3. Last 5 years. Sam Parkin - need to say more?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:13:30 »

Glenn Hoddle. He won games on his own ie Birmingham 4-6 Swindon when we were 4-1 down.
Dazzza

« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:17:28 »

1. 5yrs - Parkin.  Has to be without a doubt although he never quite hit it off with Rory Fallon up front his revitalised run of form this season would quite possibly see the most dangerous pairing outside of the Premiership.  

A worthy 2nd who deserves a mention has to be Keith O’Halloran, he’d have been worth 10 Grunt Smiths in midfield and would have brought some stability and precious goals to the midfield.

2. 10yrs – Culverhouse.  Horlock, Ndah all names that cropped up but the man would have to be Ian Culverhouse.  Steady as Gibraltar and absolutely ideal given our current line up and particularly with the younger chaps like Jerel at the back.

3. 15yrs – Hoddle.  May be drawing the end of his career but with that creativity and spark in midfield there’s not a hope we’d go down.

PS no loan players!

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:31:39 »

5 yrs Parkin - Would score the goals to keep us up
10 yrs - Fjortoft - Type of player you'd want in any Swindon team ever. Shaun Taylor would also be in the running
15 yrs - Colin Calderwood - Would provide the leadership to get us up the table.
Northern Red

« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:37:30 »

5 yrs - Parkin - goals, goals, goals, goals, goals, goals, goals, goals, goals
10 yrs - Mark Walters - 8, 7, 11 goals from midfield in respective seasons and he'd set them up too. Great set piece player.
15 yrs - Njiholt - hardman midfielder - could've done with him from the start of the season
STFC Village

« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:39:15 »

Bobby Howe- Legendary ball skills, bow-to-box runner, workhorse, exactly what we need
Northern Red

« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:41:15 »

Get your years right people   :?

5 yrs = Aug 2000 - Jul 2005 (5 seasons)
10 yrs = Aug 1995 - Jul 2000 (5 seasons)
15 yrs = Aug 1990 - Jul 1995 (5 seasons)

Remember its been 12 seasons since we were in the Premiership  :shock:
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:48:10 »

5. Parkin  - Class. scroes goals
10. Horlock
15. Taylor/Shearer - Can't decide which.

I think I got the dates right?
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:50:43 »

Quote from: "dazzza"
1. 5yrs - Parkin.  Has to be without a doubt although he never quite hit it off with Rory Fallon up front his revitalised run of form this season would quite possibly see the most dangerous pairing outside of the Premiership.  

A worthy 2nd who deserves a mention has to be Keith O’Halloran, he’d have been worth 10 Grunt Smiths in midfield and would have brought some stability and precious goals to the midfield.

2. 10yrs – Culverhouse.  Horlock, Ndah all names that cropped up but the man would have to be Ian Culverhouse.  Steady as Gibraltar and absolutely ideal given our current line up and particularly with the younger chaps like Jerel at the back.

3. 15yrs – Hoddle.  May be drawing the end of his career but with that creativity and spark in midfield there’s not a hope we’d go down.

PS no loan players!

Dazza, I thought about this before reading through what people had chosen, and I went for the same 3 as you. Horlock was running Culverhouse a close 2nd in 10 yrs but I agree with your choices.

Great minds think alike.  Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 17:56:36 »

It was a shame what happened to O' Halloran really.Definitely  the sort of player we need right now
Dazzza

« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 18:38:47 »

Dazza, I thought about this before reading through what people had chosen, and I went for the same 3 as you. Horlock was running Culverhouse a close 2nd in 10 yrs but I agree with your choices.

Great minds think alike.

Cool

Cracking stuff, I was almost tempted to do the unthinkable and list O'Halloran as number one in the past 5 years but to be fair he didn't show anything like the form of Parkin so I saw sense in the end.

Spud

« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 21, 2005, 18:47:08 »

*Parkin
*Hoddle
*Ohhh Shaun Taylor
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: