Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The real King story????  (Read 2497 times)
Mister Lorenzo
Dirk Diggler

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 15:31:42 »

Saw this on the 'mos' site and thought you might be interested, have a look at the second part too.....

The agreement between King and the board is that Andy would be paid until the end of the season and remain on the payroll of STFC.

The 'rolling contract' contained a clause which meant that he could claim a further years' salary (i.e. next season). The board and King have a 'gentleman's agreement' that if the club continue to pay him until the end of the season, then the further years' salary would be waived.

Iffy is the caretaker until the end of the season. His salary remains unchanged and will be reviewed at the end of the season, hence the ability to be able to pay King in the manner as aforementioned.

If Iffy is offered the job on a permanent basis, then he will command the salary vacated by King.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST.

The role of the 'vice assistant' Mark Devlin is non-executive. He will not be on the STFC pay roll.

His salary is nominal, a la Mickey the Greek, with a bonus dependent on the ground redevelopment getting the go-ahead.

Lets not forget the reason for his joining the sinking ship.

Deflection.

The closer we get to how this club is truly being run and the people really involved behind the scenes, another sweetener is thrown into the mix for good measure and to detract the fans away from the primary source.

Not that I know or am intimating anything. Of course.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 16:01:46 »

i knew they would keep paying King. they did that last time! how crap? i hate our board!  :evil:
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 16:15:26 »

Quote from: "Rich"
i knew they would keep paying King. they did that last time! how crap? i hate our board!  :evil:

What else could they do?  Shouldn't have committed themselves though admittedly...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 16:16:08 »

Sounds like total bollocks to me.
Nils

« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 16:27:07 »

The main thing that is wrong with the club is  that it is an us and them attitude like a pupil and teacher. The board wont let the fans get involved and tell us what is really going on. If the fans felt needed and we were shown respect by the board and actually fed information of what is going on behind the scenes so that fans felt that they were respected by the club then maybe we would respect the board and that would get the club sorted out a bit. We all know the phrase united we stand, individually we fall well that applies here.

On the same point we all know that the club is in financial turmoil but they wont tell us by how much and what is going on.

When we all thought that Cureton and Thorpe were good we all said that we would never get them because of their wages but they are here but the funding has come from where?

All I say to the board is tell us what is going on because the way it seems is that they are doing nothing and I don't believe that they are doing nothing, they must be doing something.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 16:31:23 »

agreed Nils. its true. they must be doing something. indeed the stadium project looks as if it is progressing behind the scenes quite nicely.
Spud

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 18:02:52 »

Should have just sent the wanker packing tbh.
lebowski

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 18:08:20 »

it was pretty obvious that king would be on "gardening leave", seeing as 1) he wouldn't resign and 2) we simply dont have the lump sum to pay him off.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 18:08:31 »

You have to pay up the manager's contract.....obviously we can't do it in  a lump sum, so it has to be done in installments....the likes of BWB and myself, did point out that all sacking King would do would be to get a promotion for 1 of our 3 insiders.

I'm still surprised that it wasn't Reeeeeves though, because with him not likely to play again, but having to be paid as a player, his wage will be greater than Iffy's and similarly he'll have to be paid up if they want rid.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 3, 2005, 18:10:18 »

I think Reeves will still get the job eventually

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 11:39:45 »

i think Reeves may be a bit gutted not to get the job and end up 'concidering his options'.

Of course he may have been consulted or offered it without our knowledge..
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 11:49:31 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

And then he threaten us with legal action again.  Come on let's be sensible.  A settlement needed to be reached and this is it, if true.
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 12:28:45 »

I think Reeeeeeves would have got the job if it wasnt for his broken leg.
mattboyslim

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 12:34:43 »

Agreed, bad timing all round for Reevesy, if iffy gets it full time will he bring his own men in or use Woan and reeves?  Be gutted for reevesy if that happened and he got demoted.
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 14:35:45 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

And then he threaten us with legal action again.  Come on let's be sensible.  A settlement needed to be reached and this is it, if true.

How comes all these other managers dont take their clubs that they've just been sacked from to court then?, lets be sensible the bloke was a cunt.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: