Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The real King story????  (Read 2514 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 14:43:52 »

Pretty much any manager who hasn't been paid any compensation would take the club to court but most clubs do pay compensation.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 14:50:39 »

Exactly, most clubs agree a compensation package with the manager after agreeing to cut ties.  One manager I can't remember who had to wait for his settlement to be agreed with his old club before he could take his new job, because it'd affect his deal.  Can't quite remember who though, Peter Reid maybe??
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 15:01:56 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
Should have just sent the wanker packing tbh.

And then he threaten us with legal action again.  Come on let's be sensible.  A settlement needed to be reached and this is it, if true.

How comes all these other managers dont take their clubs that they've just been sacked from to court then?, lets be sensible the bloke was a cunt.

Come on mate, that's harsh.  He was a bloke trying to do a job, who for whatever reason wasn't up to it.  

He, under the terms of his contract given to him by STFC, was entitled to receive compensation when told he was no longer required.  We can't afford to give him that in a lump sum, so 'gardening leave' is the option that best suits STFC and Andy King.  He'd be quite entitled to take the club to court if he wasn't satisfied with the offer, but he hasn't.  

He's gone now (sort of) and we should all forget about him.

Say what you want about him but he's not a cunt, it's not really fair to call him that.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 15:09:54 »

I agree, we need to get this into perspective, he's entitled to that money as that's the terms of his contract.  

I actually wish Kingy well, yeah he never got us motoring but I wouldn't go as far as calling him a cunt.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 15:26:48 »

If this is true and King is to continue on the STFC payroll until the end of the season, then surely he will not be in a position to manage another club should the opportunity arise until next season?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 15:28:14 »

Yep, much like we couldn't get Harford in until his situation with Forrest was resolved.  Basically it's the life of riley for King for a few months.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 15:35:52 »

Maybe Mr King will do a McMahon and get a cushy little number on Sky for a while.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 15:45:49 »

Doubt it highly, wouldn't be able to sit through a whole half-time without a cigar!

I do wish him well, he has never doen anything wrong other than be nto good enough at the job for the liking of many. That is not a fault in somebody, and it happens all the time in any profession.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 16:20:21 »

I said the exact same about King on the way to Doncaster, so I didnt hear it here first, however mine was pure guess work.
Spencer_White

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 4, 2005, 16:34:56 »

King will stay on the pay role.

Course if he really backed himself as a manger he'd go for a quick serverence pay out and find work.

But I seriously doubt he'll ever be the top man at a club ever again.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: